Starhub Giga

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,568
Reaction score
18,677
Question: I ported over to giga and I just received giga sim card. I've activated the SIM card using the app. When should I see the porting begin? 12AM tonight?
 

carboy00

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
1,997
Reaction score
227
Question: I ported over to giga and I just received giga sim card. I've activated the SIM card using the app. When should I see the porting begin? 12AM tonight?

I received my Giga SIM last night but porting hasn't started. They only say within 1 working day.

Posted from PCWX using POCOPHONE F1 Rosso Red
 

Cissiboy

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
1,663
Reaction score
10
i stand corrected..i went outside my office and OTP arrives immediately...must be bad reception where I'm sitting today
 
Last edited:

Kkenshinz

Junior Member
Joined
May 12, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Terrible

My issue was that I couldn't validate my ID due to ownership of the number (under my mum's name).

But even with that, they are still charging me even though I can't activate.

So guess what, I paid $18 + $2 for a sim card that doesn't work. Going to pay another $18 next month regardless even though I can't use their services at all.

Got onto live chat, they were trying to help me resolve my issue which I am thankful for, BUT they cannot cancel the account for me. I find it ridiculous. Gonna stay at my current telco Gomo.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,361
Reaction score
3,715
My issue was that I couldn't validate my ID due to ownership of the number (under my mum's name).

But even with that, they are still charging me even though I can't activate.

So guess what, I paid $18 + $2 for a sim card that doesn't work. Going to pay another $18 next month regardless even though I can't use their services at all.

Got onto live chat, they were trying to help me resolve my issue which I am thankful for, BUT they cannot cancel the account for me. I find it ridiculous. Gonna stay at my current telco Gomo.

You mean you can't port-in a number which is registered to your mother's ID ? If so you can't blame Giga for this.
 

carboy00

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
1,997
Reaction score
227
My issue was that I couldn't validate my ID due to ownership of the number (under my mum's name).

But even with that, they are still charging me even though I can't activate.

So guess what, I paid $18 + $2 for a sim card that doesn't work. Going to pay another $18 next month regardless even though I can't use their services at all.

Got onto live chat, they were trying to help me resolve my issue which I am thankful for, BUT they cannot cancel the account for me. I find it ridiculous. Gonna stay at my current telco Gomo.

I thought it was very clear on their FAQ page that number to be ported must be under your own name before you can sign up without issues. Transfer of ownership should have been done with your current telco before you do the switch.

Posted from PCWX using Redmi Note 8 Pro Ocean Blue
 

007Mi6

Master Member
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
2,570
Reaction score
514
My issue was that I couldn't validate my ID due to ownership of the number (under my mum's name).

But even with that, they are still charging me even though I can't activate.

So guess what, I paid $18 + $2 for a sim card that doesn't work. Going to pay another $18 next month regardless even though I can't use their services at all.

Got onto live chat, they were trying to help me resolve my issue which I am thankful for, BUT they cannot cancel the account for me. I find it ridiculous. Gonna stay at my current telco Gomo.

You have a Gomo SIM card under your mother name

You want to port this over to Giga

You registered for a service with Giga and you are provided with a service

You cannot port over because Gomo is under your mum and Giga is under your name.

If you are Giga, what would you do? Let you illegally take over your mother number, losing her legal rights, allow you to access her account of all sorts linked to this number (i-banking, Singpass etc)?
 

glstunner

Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2019
Messages
256
Reaction score
13
My issue was that I couldn't validate my ID due to ownership of the number (under my mum's name)

So guess what, I paid $18 + $2 for a sim card that doesn't work. Going to pay another $18 next month regardless even though I can't use their services at all.

So guess what, blame it on your own stupidity... I find it ridiculous too!
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,568
Reaction score
18,677
Can I ask, so your old number was "dormant/inactive" from, say midnight up to 2.59PM of 2 Apr ?

nope, my old number from my previous operator was still active from 2 Apr 12AM to 3PM.

It was when i received an email at 3PM then i know my previous operator is gone.
 

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
44,241
Reaction score
2,029
I just received my new SIM card. There’s no need to activate immediately right? Cos I still want my old number to be contactable until the porting process is completed?
 

cruizer_ph

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
2,170
Reaction score
27
I just received my new SIM card. There*********s no need to activate immediately right? Cos I still want my old number to be contactable until the porting process is completed?

porting will not start until you activate your card.
 

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
44,241
Reaction score
2,029
Anyone knows what happens if I exceed the talktime? What are the charges like?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top