Starhub Giga

Leion

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
5,178
Reaction score
4
I have just ported from starhub to giga. Feeling a bit unsecure that my phone is unreachable whilst overseas. Thinking to switch to simba or eight.
Could not find information of any minimum subscription period for giga. Anyone can advise?
 

Tedicious

Master Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2019
Messages
4,640
Reaction score
2,176
I have just ported from starhub to giga. Feeling a bit unsecure that my phone is unreachable whilst overseas. Thinking to switch to simba or eight.
Could not find information of any minimum subscription period for giga. Anyone can advise?
Don't have any minimum subscription. But do note sine U already paid your subscription fee, there will be no pro rated
 

ExArchz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2012
Messages
518
Reaction score
3
Just ported in to Giga 5g $18 plan and opt for esim a few days ago but i dont have 5g connection.
Using samsung s22 ultra. Anyone experienced this before?
 

Tedicious

Master Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2019
Messages
4,640
Reaction score
2,176
Just ported in to Giga 5g $18 plan and opt for esim a few days ago but i dont have 5g connection.
Using samsung s22 ultra. Anyone experienced this before?
Did you turn on 5G on your phone?
Have you try to restart your phone ?
 

Leion

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
5,178
Reaction score
4
Just ported in to Giga 5g $18 plan and opt for esim a few days ago but i dont have 5g connection.
Using samsung s22 ultra. Anyone experienced this before?
I ported into giga using s22u on physical sim a month ago. 5g no issues. Roaming data worked well in Malaysia. Only lacking roaming calls. Ported to eight for the roaming call capabilities. Same starhub back bone. So far so good
 

ExArchz

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2012
Messages
518
Reaction score
3
Did you turn on 5G on your phone?
Have you try to restart your phone ?
Yes. I checked and double checked my settings. Restarted my phone a few times. Since last fri till today no 5g.
Previously using myrepublic 5g from day 1 no problem one
 

recca85

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
922
Reaction score
6
Anyone having problem porting out from Giga?
I tried with zero1 in Dec and they said rejected by Giga as it is prepaid.
I tried again with changi mobile and it is also rejected by Giga.
I sent 2 tickets, 1 in mid Dec and 1 a few days ago and not a single reply.
Anyway else to escalate?
My first port out of another number is straight forward and no issue.
 

rest1ess

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
637
Reaction score
137
Anyone having problem porting out from Giga?
I tried with zero1 in Dec and they said rejected by Giga as it is prepaid.
I tried again with changi mobile and it is also rejected by Giga.
I sent 2 tickets, 1 in mid Dec and 1 a few days ago and not a single reply.
Anyway else to escalate?
My first port out of another number is straight forward and no issue.
Ported out a few days ago, no issue.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,572
Reaction score
4,180
Anyone having problem porting out from Giga?
I tried with zero1 in Dec and they said rejected by Giga as it is prepaid.
I tried again with changi mobile and it is also rejected by Giga.
I sent 2 tickets, 1 in mid Dec and 1 a few days ago and not a single reply.
Anyway else to escalate?
My first port out of another number is straight forward and no issue.
Try contacting them on FB, no issues porting out.
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
Anyone having problem porting out from Giga?
I tried with zero1 in Dec and they said rejected by Giga as it is prepaid.
I tried again with changi mobile and it is also rejected by Giga.
I sent 2 tickets, 1 in mid Dec and 1 a few days ago and not a single reply.
Anyway else to escalate?
My first port out of another number is straight forward and no issue.
Just try again, keep telling your receiving side telco to retry. I’ve ported into giga twice in the past few years, first try port out always fails.
 

Kepller

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2013
Messages
1,110
Reaction score
189
Anyone received this message from giga today?
"Your current giga plan will be changed to the new plan on **-**-****. Your data rollover will reset accordingly."

Looking through the giga website and the app, there doesn't seem to be a "new" plan, I'm on the $10 plan and it looks to be identical.
 

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,022
Reaction score
1,634
Anyone received this message from giga today?
If you recieved this today, means your renewal was today or yesterday i guess?

I'm on the $10 plan and it looks to be identical.
Recieved this message as well on 2nd number which is on the same plan as yours
But didn't recieve it on my main number which is on the 18 SGD plan
 

Kepller

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2013
Messages
1,110
Reaction score
189
If you recieved this today, means your renewal was today or yesterday i guess?


Recieved this message as well on 2nd number which is on the same plan as yours
But didn't recieve it on my main number which is on the 18 SGD plan
My renewal is today 18 Jan. I've never received this type of sms before, usually it's just a giga receipt email and sms.
 

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,022
Reaction score
1,634
My renewal is today 18 Jan. I've never received this type of sms before, usually it's just a giga receipt email and sms.
Mine was on the 15 and so far ya, first time getting this SMS as well.

Never bothered with it since i login the portal to check and there wasn't any changes that i noticed.
 

Kepller

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2013
Messages
1,110
Reaction score
189
Mine was on the 15 and so far ya, first time getting this SMS as well.

Never bothered with it since i login the portal to check and there wasn't any changes that i noticed.
Thanks for the info. In this case it does seem safe to assume that this sms is just a "new" format that giga may be adopting.

I was actually hoping that they would finally decide to give us more data on the $10 plan considering all other telco seems to be more generous with their data offering 100gb+ for the $10 range plan, while we're getting only 20GB per month.
 

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,022
Reaction score
1,634
Thanks for the info
I kinda panic for a moment when i saw the message, thought that i probably had done something and that was a best case scenario. But if you want, could just check with the CSO.
give us more data on the $10 plan
Haha, i wouldn't mind but as a 2nd number, i guess its not a "need" to me in the meantime.
all other telco seems to be more generous with their data offering 100gb+ for the $10 range plan
True
Eight, Simba and ZYM on a roll these days.
Probably at some time, when i stopped being lazy and switch this spare number over to the cost efficient one
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top