Starhub Giga

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Understand Giga is under Starhub network. Does that mean both speed should be similar???

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
 

Arandalo

Master Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
4,102
Reaction score
1,252
Understand Giga is under Starhub network. Does that mean both speed should be similar???

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

Best if someone have both plans and screenshot the speed test result. For GOMO many have said that it's much slower than Singtel plan. 60 Mbps vs 200 Mbps.
 

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
24,691
Reaction score
6,037
Best if someone have both plans and screenshot the speed test result. For GOMO many have said that it's much slower than Singtel plan. 60 Mbps vs 200 Mbps.
in general, is gomo faster than giga? Any ex gomo user here?
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,841
Reaction score
1,782
in general, is gomo faster than giga? Any ex gomo user here?

gomo is faster
RBPP7h7.jpg
 

magix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 28, 2000
Messages
16,883
Reaction score
90
I nv use giga before. Currently on GOMO the speed most of the time 60 Mbps only. Using Galaxy S10 so I doubt is phone limitation.

I think over GOMO Thread people feedback that max is 70mbps. Not sure if GOMO plan is like that or hiCARD APN that the max speed.
 

blueraresteak

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
8,949
Reaction score
9
Agreed! Signed up a month ago and realised recently the speed kinda got slower. Some places i used to visit doesn’t load even 4G full bar.

For me, the speed numbers don't really matter actually. Giga is still able to play 1080p youtube vids smoothly without stutter, so I'm good.
 

Arandalo

Master Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2014
Messages
4,102
Reaction score
1,252
I think over GOMO Thread people feedback that max is 70mbps. Not sure if GOMO plan is like that or hiCARD APN that the max speed.

I am using e-ideas APN still around 60 Mbps. So I'm sure it's the GOMO plan and doesn't matter which APN is used Singtel will still know you are GOMO subscriber.
 

yotoden

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2017
Messages
1,130
Reaction score
100
Hi, planning to NP from Singtel to Giga. May I know how is the connection at NEL? Previously on M1 really CMI then NP to Singtel and it is very good though, but a bit pricey. Thinking to try $10 Giga since usage is not much.
 

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
19,036
Reaction score
3,675
Hi, planning to NP from Singtel to Giga. May I know how is the connection at NEL? Previously on M1 really CMI then NP to Singtel and it is very good though, but a bit pricey. Thinking to try $10 Giga since usage is not much.
Just recontract sim only plan if you are currently using singtel. Use the secret link below. Giga speed and coverage surely not as good as singtel.

https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/eform/simonlyrecontract?utm_source=singtel&utm_medium=2aug_cprecon_edm&utm_campaign=2020_3025https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/eform/simonlyrecontract?utm_source=singtel&utm_medium=2aug_cprecon_edm&utm_campaign=2020_3025
 
Last edited:

liquidlight

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,837
Reaction score
438

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
24,691
Reaction score
6,037
I did a speed test with two phones at the same spot

West side of Singapore.

Giga
HUj7XER.jpg



Gomo
bSzbHW9.jpg




:s22:
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
I did a speed test with two phones at the same spot

West side of Singapore.

Giga
HUj7XER.jpg



Gomo
bSzbHW9.jpg




:s22:

Weird no? One is fast download speed, one is fast upload speed.

Stupid question. Play games, watch YouTube, surf webpages that's on download speed right?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
 

sohnice

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Weird no? One is fast download speed, one is fast upload speed.

Stupid question. Play games, watch YouTube, surf webpages that's on download speed right?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT


On samsung note 9.
Giga 40gb S$18.
My wife singtel 30gb S$25 sim only is getting 90mbps.
Looks like I need to jump ship.
 
Last edited:

sadboy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
179

On samsung note 9.
Giga 40gb S$18.
My wife singtel 30gb S$25 sim only is getting 90mbps.
Looks like I need to jump ship.

Try another location and try to use Starhub mobile server for test. I notice only a few servers work well with giga.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top