Starhub Giga

blueraresteak

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
8,949
Reaction score
9
these few days i feel giga! connection quite bad even though it’s showing 4G. ytd evening i have no data connection at tiong bahru park :( anyone experiencing the same?

Not happy just port out, no contract stuff. What's so difficult?
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,872
Reaction score
3,141
I have an issue.

My ID is not accepted by Giga as it is defaced and cracked. I am going to make a new one.

Can I upload riving license instead?

I tried to contact giga staff but only the chat bot responds back with FAQ links.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
I have an issue.

My ID is not accepted by Giga as it is defaced and cracked. I am going to make a new one.

Can I upload riving license instead?

I tried to contact giga staff but only the chat bot responds back with FAQ links.

I dun think they will accept driving licence, but u can try.
 

Rheopaipo

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2000
Messages
668
Reaction score
4
hi all, im currently on GOMO 20GB $20 plan (plan valid till 8oct), what is the best way for me to switch over to Giga 40G $18 plan (end on 14sep). TIA
 

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
19,032
Reaction score
3,674
I have an issue.

My ID is not accepted by Giga as it is defaced and cracked. I am going to make a new one.

Can I upload riving license instead?

I tried to contact giga staff but only the chat bot responds back with FAQ links.

You can try to type live chat to get human customer service.
 

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
19,032
Reaction score
3,674
hi all, im currently on GOMO 20GB $20 plan (plan valid till 8oct), what is the best way for me to switch over to Giga 40G $18 plan (end on 14sep). TIA

You can subscribe new number with giga first but don't activate this sim card first.
On 1st week of october, activate your simcard and initiate the porting number from your giga apps (allow for at least 2-3 working days for porting to be safe).

Good thing about giga is the porting process need not at the same date as you sign up.
 
Last edited:

Aw2006

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
1,444
Reaction score
103
hi all, im currently on GOMO 20GB $20 plan (plan valid till 8oct), what is the best way for me to switch over to Giga 40G $18 plan (end on 14sep). TIA

No choice you must pay giga before 14th Sep and try to delay the delivery. Once you get the sim card, try to delay the activation. Make sure do the transfer before your gomo ends 3 days before
 

Rheopaipo

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2000
Messages
668
Reaction score
4
You can subscribe new number with giga first but don't activate this sim card first.
On 1st week of october, activate your simcard and initiate the porting number from your giga apps (allow for at least 2-3 working days for porting to be safe).

Good thing about giga is the porting process need not at the same date as you sign up.

What if i port over using my old hp # ?
 

Rheopaipo

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2000
Messages
668
Reaction score
4
No choice you must pay giga before 14th Sep and try to delay the delivery. Once you get the sim card, try to delay the activation. Make sure do the transfer before your gomo ends 3 days before

if my current Gomo plan new cycle starts on 9oct, i activate the new port over Giga plan 3 days before 9oct ?
 

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
19,032
Reaction score
3,674
if my current Gomo plan new cycle starts on 9oct, i activate the new port over Giga plan 3 days before 9oct ?
Yes, you can do that.

You cannot port with old number first. I remember you can only do 1 time porting.
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
Some has previously complained of porting process taking 3-5 days after initiating on the app. Don't be too calculative over a couple of days, just give sufficient time to port over or might end up paying for another month to your previous service provider.... :(
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
Some has previously complained of porting process taking 3-5 days after initiating on the app. Don't be too calculative over a couple of days, just give sufficient time to port over or might end up paying for another month to your previous service provider.... :(

Thanks for the advice.

In that case I plan to initiate the port-in on 20th of the month, giving it 10 days.
 

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
19,032
Reaction score
3,674
Thanks for the advice.

In that case I plan to initiate the port-in on 20th of the month, giving it 10 days.
The key word is working days. I think you give 1 week should be quite ample time. If after 1 working day not port in yet, you can chat with the cso to make sure the porting is initiated
 

nopolicy96

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
Requested for port in on the app at 2pm 9 September. Message stated 1 business day. Slightly pass 12am, I received an email saying the port in has been completed. Tested at 5am+, ported number already works on giga (calls, messages etc). Ported from Singtel to giga. Super quick lol.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
The key word is working days. I think you give 1 week should be quite ample time. If after 1 working day not port in yet, you can chat with the cso to make sure the porting is initiated

Never mind I will give them ample time. I reckon that around the 20th I already have used enough of the old plan to just write off the last 10 days already. :o
 

Core2max

Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2007
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
Giga can not send SMS

I ported from CL 2 weeks ago.
Strange, until now I cannot send SMS. I can make a call and receive SMS though...
Anybody has same experience?
 

whyip1988

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
234
Reaction score
6
currently using singtel sim only plan , but not able get Gomo promo 40gb coz switch from singtel ,
if temperory port over to giga $10 6GB plan , can i immediately port over again to Gomo ?
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
currently using singtel sim only plan , but not able get Gomo promo 40gb coz switch from singtel ,
if temperory port over to giga $10 6GB plan , can i immediately port over again to Gomo ?

Sure u can, but u will not get back the $10 (or part of it) that u paid for the giga plan.
 

toyknight

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
828
Reaction score
4
Can I check if we port out from giga!, will the app still show the number that we had port out?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top