Starhub Giga

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
This I feel puzzled. Shouldn't Starhub and Giga have same speed since they are on the same network? Same for Singtel and Gomo. Curious how it can differ quite abit...
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,678
Reaction score
18,704

On samsung note 9.
Giga 40gb S$18.
My wife singtel 30gb S$25 sim only is getting 90mbps.
Looks like I need to jump ship.

Get Grid, it's using Singtel. I've achieved over 200mbps on Speedtest. If you're on CIS, current promo not bad, 30GB for 12mths, first 3 months get extra 80GB, usual 20Gb/MTH. $17.90/mth
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
My wife singtel 30gb S$25 sim only is getting 90mbps.

free caller ID for 12 months.

TnCs

Are we sure this price plan is still available for sign up; i.e., Caller ID + 30GB at $25? I knew someone sign this up end of last year at Singtel road show.

But is it available now? If yes, kindly show link or which physical shop, I am considering too. Thanks.
 

tek888

Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2012
Messages
191
Reaction score
7
For me, the speed numbers don't really matter actually. Giga is still able to play 1080p youtube vids smoothly without stutter, so I'm good.

that's true. Speed is not really the biggest consideration for my family as we usually just surf the web, do msg and watch some videos, that's all. As long as the access is w/o glitches then we are happy already.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,213
Reaction score
17,455
I signed up two more $10 plans for my parents, in preparation for the ending of their StarHub contract plan in October, adding in my referral code.

Ownself refer ownself. :o
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
I signed up two more $10 plans for my parents, in preparation for the ending of their StarHub contract plan in October, adding in my referral code.

Ownself refer ownself. :o

I am thinking to do it for my parent too, but a little tricky. Need your advice...

My parent is using pre-paid with M1. I suppose have to switch from M1 prepaid to postpaid first, then M1 postpaid portover to giga right? From my understand the prepaid to postpaid within same telco will still incur a new simcard charge lor... Then M1 cheapest sim-only plan also is $20...
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,213
Reaction score
17,455
I am thinking to do it for my parent too, but a little tricky. Need your advice...

My parent is using pre-paid with M1. I suppose have to switch from M1 prepaid to postpaid first, then M1 postpaid portover to giga right? From my understand the prepaid to postpaid within same telco will still incur a new simcard charge lor... Then M1 cheapest sim-only plan also is $20...

Yeah I think so too, according to the advice given by the users here. But I have not touched pre-paid plans for a very long time liao so u better wait for the others to comment before confirming. :)
 

eagleboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
11,746
Reaction score
0
Yes you are right

I am thinking to do it for my parent too, but a little tricky. Need your advice...

My parent is using pre-paid with M1. I suppose have to switch from M1 prepaid to postpaid first, then M1 postpaid portover to giga right? From my understand the prepaid to postpaid within same telco will still incur a new simcard charge lor... Then M1 cheapest sim-only plan also is $20...
 

tuntun

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
925
Reaction score
55
I noticed iMessage activation take times wnever reinsert the SIM card. Other telco Grid, singtel are very fast...anyone seen this before?
 

explorerX

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2017
Messages
6,578
Reaction score
1,004
I am thinking to do it for my parent too, but a little tricky. Need your advice...

My parent is using pre-paid with M1. I suppose have to switch from M1 prepaid to postpaid first, then M1 postpaid portover to giga right? From my understand the prepaid to postpaid within same telco will still incur a new simcard charge lor... Then M1 cheapest sim-only plan also is $20...

To add on, after switching to postpaid u need to hold it min 1 month. I didn't pay for the sim charge.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
To add on, after switching to postpaid u need to hold it min 1 month. I didn't pay for the sim charge.

oh, you had change from prepaid to postpaid within same telco, but they didn't charge you a cent? Which telco is it ah??? Did you have to walk-in to the store to do it, or over the phone/online can liao?

Thanks. :D
 

explorerX

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2017
Messages
6,578
Reaction score
1,004
oh, you had change from prepaid to postpaid within same telco, but they didn't charge you a cent? Which telco is it ah??? Did you have to walk-in to the store to do it, or over the phone/online can liao?

Thanks. :D

I had the same questions when switching pre to post, I did it over the phone 1627 and that's where I was told I need to hold the number for 1 month before porting over to another telco. I used back the same sim card, so no charges.
Orange to Green. :)
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
I had the same questions when switching pre to post, I did it over the phone 1627 and that's where I was told I need to hold the number for 1 month before porting over to another telco. I used back the same sim card, so no charges.
Orange to Green. :)

wah, then i kena bluff by orange leh. I switched my parent's prepaid line to my name in store. The orange CSO say if i want to switch from prepaid to postpaid, have to pay $30++ for new simcard. I say make no sense since we are using the prepaid like $18 over 3-4months, but now if I switch to sim-only is $20 a month. The CSO say policy cannot waive.... So now i know, i was bluffed lah... :s22:

Swee, I will wait till the prepaid credits left abit, then call in to switch to postpaid sim-only . From there then port-out. haha Thanks
 

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
24,692
Reaction score
6,038
Get Grid, it's using Singtel. I've achieved over 200mbps on Speedtest. If you're on CIS, current promo not bad, 30GB for 12mths, first 3 months get extra 80GB, usual 20Gb/MTH. $17.90/mth
Yeah. Seems like I am heading there already.

Grid CIS $17.90

30GB+120min+50sms

Free Caller ID, incoming calls and SMS
Additional 100 minutes every month
Free Registration
[PROMO] Additional 80GB for the 1st 3 months
 

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
5,520
Reaction score
24
Grid CIS is attractive.

I checked the roaming packs, also comparable to giga I think.

So there is no rollover data with grid. What other diff?

Port in process for grid is it as easy?
 

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
24,692
Reaction score
6,038
Grid CIS is attractive.

I checked the roaming packs, also comparable to giga I think.

So there is no rollover data with grid. What other diff?

Port in process for grid is it as easy?
giga has more talk time and sms.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top