Starhub Giga

weathersohot

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
7,752
Reaction score
404
I know the downside of using Giga now. Can't get anyone to help my issue

Live agent MIA from the live chat and they don't have a hotline number? :s22:
 

mikeymesina

Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
270
Reaction score
2
ported to Giga on 11/9 ,
indoor signal very weak ,sometimes even with 4g logo but not able connect to network.

after one week testing , go back to Gomo yesterday ,
luckily still entitled the last day promo $20 for 40GB.

i have the same experience with giga. sometimes cannot do safeentry check in because i suddenly lose connection. full signal bars and 4G+ logo, but no internet.

porting in to gomo (hopefully tonight). just received the sim this afternoon and waiting for the porting process.
 

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
24,692
Reaction score
6,038
i have the same experience with giga. sometimes cannot do safeentry check in because i suddenly lose connection. full signal bars and 4G+ logo, but no internet.

porting in to gomo (hopefully tonight). just received the sim this afternoon and waiting for the porting process.
same here got the sim just now. Port to gomo. Data rollover because I can't use them :s13:
 

whyip1988

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
234
Reaction score
6
i have the same experience with giga. sometimes cannot do safeentry check in because i suddenly lose connection. full signal bars and 4G+ logo, but no internet.

porting in to gomo (hopefully tonight). just received the sim this afternoon and waiting for the porting process.

i feel you !! same situation with me before , end up need scan my NRIC.
 

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
5,520
Reaction score
24
i have the same experience with giga. sometimes cannot do safeentry check in because i suddenly lose connection. full signal bars and 4G+ logo, but no internet.

porting in to gomo (hopefully tonight). just received the sim this afternoon and waiting for the porting process.

Gomo vs giga vs grid..

Why all start with G?

The network inconsistent really quite worrying leh
 

mikeymesina

Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
270
Reaction score
2
i feel you !! same situation with me before , end up need scan my NRIC.
Yes! It's frustrating and embarrassing, actually. I had the same experience with circles life, but to a lesser degree. I moved to Giga thinking it will be better since they use SH network. Hopefully I'll get a better experience with gomo.

Sent from my phone using GAGT
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
Which area ? So far I haven't been to any place where it's totally unusable.
 

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
15,542
Reaction score
531
is giga tied onto contract? other then that giga or gomo which is better?
 

mikeymesina

Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
270
Reaction score
2
Which area ? So far I haven't been to any place where it's totally unusable.
So far I experienced at Ion, after alighting the mrt, and AMK Hub, going into Fairprice. Also experienced in Upper Thomson - Sin Ming area, and it is outdoors. The internet just suddenly disappeared. I had to reboot the phone to get back the connection. It never happens when I am at home, where I tried using data the whole day and night.

Sent from my phone using GAGT
 

minuteez

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
316
So far I experienced at Ion, after alighting the mrt, and AMK Hub, going into Fairprice. Also experienced in Upper Thomson - Sin Ming area, and it is outdoors. The internet just suddenly disappeared. I had to reboot the phone to get back the connection. It never happens when I am at home, where I tried using data the whole day and night.

Sent from my phone using GAGT

Do you by any chance turn on your WiFi all the time & set it to switch automatically bw mobile & wifi?

I have this problem when my phone picks up wireless sgx wifi but the wifi signal too poor to get internet.

Sent from Gigafied Nordy Way using GAGT
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,215
Reaction score
17,454
Do you by any chance turn on your WiFi all the time & set it to switch automatically bw mobile & wifi?

I have this problem when my phone picks up wireless sgx wifi but the wifi signal too poor to get internet.

Sent from Gigafied Nordy Way using GAGT

Yeah I agree this may be the main cause. Sometimes my phone detects wireless@sgx but the connection is either low speed or no connection, machiam no internet.
 

mikeymesina

Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
270
Reaction score
2
Do you by any chance turn on your WiFi all the time & set it to switch automatically bw mobile & wifi?

I have this problem when my phone picks up wireless sgx wifi but the wifi signal too poor to get internet.

Sent from Gigafied Nordy Way using GAGT
No. I turn off my wifi when I go out, either with Bixby routine or manually. Even if it was the wifi connecting to wireless@sgx, then it should show the wifi icon. But no, it only shows the 4G/4G+ icon. And it also happened outdoors where I'm pretty sure there is no wireless@sgx.

Anyway, by tomorrow I will be using gomo. If it still happens the next time I go out, then there must be something wrong with my phone. Lol. �

Sent from my phone using GAGT
 
Last edited:

sadboy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
179
No. I turn off my wifi when I go out, either with Bixby routine or manually. Even if it was the wifi connecting to wireless@sgx, then it should show the wifi icon. But no, it only shows the 4G/4G+ icon. And it also happened outdoors where I'm pretty sure there is no wireless@sgx.

Anyway, by tomorrow I will be using gomo. If it still happens the next time I go out, then there must be something wrong with my phone. Lol. *********

Sent from my phone using GAGT


Make sure you using the giga apn instead of shwap apn. Although the starhub apn works but sometimes it just stopped intermittent. Happen to me until I changed the apn to giga
 

mikeymesina

Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
270
Reaction score
2
Make sure you using the giga apn instead of shwap apn. Although the starhub apn works but sometimes it just stopped intermittent. Happen to me until I changed the apn to giga
Yup. Thanks. I also only saved the giga apn.

Sent from my phone using GAGT
 

artered

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2016
Messages
643
Reaction score
12
wah giga really cmi no customer support at all since they work only m-sat 9am-6pm my acc can't login even after 60 mins waiting damn
 

yoshiki x

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2020
Messages
1,238
Reaction score
182
From reading the recent replies so far

- weak signal? DC even when doing safeentry in shopping centre?:s11:
- not much customer service?

Wonder if it is worth porting to giga now...

Any review of the data signal during driving/using google maps??
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top