Starhub Giga

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
I just received my giga sim card. But there's no connection at all. The service is horrendous man. I tried to contact their Live Chat & Whatapp... all are managed by bots. All I get are just template answers over and over again!

How do I speak to anyone at all? :(

Insert the sim, input the correct apn and then reboot your phone. Some phones require reboot and cannot switch SIM on the fly.
 

absolut777

Suspended
Joined
Mar 12, 2003
Messages
524
Reaction score
37
So, am I right to say that after port in the app should reflect my number instead of temporary number from Giga?
 

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2019
Messages
19,950
Reaction score
4,152
If I port over from another telco to Giga and I feel that Giga is not good, can I port over to other telcos again?
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,357
Reaction score
3,713
If I port over from another telco to Giga and I feel that Giga is not good, can I port over to other telcos again?

Yes.

Giga allows for delayed port in. So you can test it out first using the new Giga number before you port in. If you don't like it terminate it (no refund for proration). If you are satisfied then port-in your number. I used it for 6 weeks before porting in from M1.
 
Last edited:

TimsTom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2011
Messages
17,314
Reaction score
6,395
Giga and Starhub SIM-only, have difference in network connection/speed or not? Will Starhub biased its own main plan than the Giga one?
 

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2001
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
1,689
Giga and Starhub SIM-only, have difference in network connection/speed or not? Will Starhub biased its own main plan than the Giga one?

I never used Starhub line before but I didn't find any issues with Giga connection since switching over from Circles.
 
Last edited:

BusteR

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
2,166
Reaction score
151
Signed 2x 5GB plan with top-up $1 for 100 talk-time (myself + wife)

Viva la giga! 879088__ is now your number, a giga SIM is on its way to you.
Your delivery:
Date: Thursday 12 Mar


Viva la giga! 879083__ is now your number, a giga SIM is on its way to you.
Your delivery:
Date: Thursday 12 Mar

:s12::s12:
 

absolut777

Suspended
Joined
Mar 12, 2003
Messages
524
Reaction score
37
Signed 2x 5GB plan with top-up $1 for 100 talk-time (myself + wife)

Viva la giga! 879088__ is now your number, a giga SIM is on its way to you.
Your delivery:
Date: Thursday 12 Mar


Viva la giga! 879083__ is now your number, a giga SIM is on its way to you.
Your delivery:
Date: Thursday 12 Mar

:s12::s12:

As long as you there to receive the card, the rest of installing and starting up is so seamless!

I also got 2 sims, with the app installed in both phones. Can add nickname to differentiate and have diff default sim too.
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,357
Reaction score
3,713
Signed 2x 5GB plan with top-up $1 for 100 talk-time (myself + wife)

Viva la giga! 879088__ is now your number, a giga SIM is on its way to you.
Your delivery:
Date: Thursday 12 Mar


Viva la giga! 879083__ is now your number, a giga SIM is on its way to you.
Your delivery:
Date: Thursday 12 Mar

:s12::s12:

Actually there is no need to topup $1 for 100 more minutes. Use the app to topup when it runs low and you are sure you need more. It is immediate. Can save the $1 on months when you don't call so much.
 

mikeymesina

Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
270
Reaction score
2
Giga and Starhub SIM-only, have difference in network connection/speed or not? Will Starhub biased its own main plan than the Giga one?
I came from Starhub to Circles to Giga. Starhub vs Giga I dont see any difference in speed and stability.

Sent from Samsung Note 10 Plus using GAGT
 

TimsTom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2011
Messages
17,314
Reaction score
6,395
So it seems Giga is a better deal than Starhub SIM-only...
More mins and free sms..
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
Just that no volte and can't receive/make calls overseas

somehow I like it...as long as can receive sms when overseas can already.. super cut cost since can avoid those accidental answer of calls etc..
 

TimsTom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2011
Messages
17,314
Reaction score
6,395
Just that no volte and can't receive/make calls overseas

I dont even use volte and seldom overseas :s13:
But even overseas i like to buy their local sim card.

But i just signed sim only with starhub instead of giga... :s22:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top