Starhub Giga

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
5,520
Reaction score
24
any idea what's the maximum duration I can hold on to the card without activating in. Just gotten the $18 plan but my M1 contract will ends in Oct, was thinking to active in 1st Oct instead.

Officially they sat try to activate within 30 days receipt of sim.
Unofficially, think can be longer. They only say not advisable to prevent disruption in service
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,180
Reaction score
17,443
any idea what's the maximum duration I can hold on to the card without activating in. Just gotten the $18 plan but my M1 contract will ends in Oct, was thinking to active in 1st Oct instead.
Perhaps it is advisable to activate on 1st Sep. Although is paying another month, dun forget that giga plans have data roll over, so u still can carry over most of the unused data in Sep for use in Oct while u have the two plans concurrently.

Thus is what I plan to do too to port in my MyRepublic number, since I read that MyRepublic deducts a whole month subscription and does not refund the unused portion even if the porting is done 1 day after billing cycle.

So I plan to activate my giga plan on 1st Sep and perhaps port in at around 20th to 25th of the month.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,180
Reaction score
17,443
So is billing port in date or activation date?

Billing is solely associated with the activation date, since that is when the data and calltime starts to be used. It is never about the port in date since as far as the telco is concerned, there is no difference between the customer using its temporary number or the ported-in number.
 

s330063

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
40
Perhaps it is advisable to activate on 1st Sep. Although is paying another month, dun forget that giga plans have data roll over, so u still can carry over most of the unused data in Sep for use in Oct while u have the two plans concurrently.

Thus is what I plan to do too to port in my MyRepublic number, since I read that MyRepublic deducts a whole month subscription and does not refund the unused portion even if the porting is done 1 day after billing cycle.

So I plan to activate my giga plan on 1st Sep and perhaps port in at around 20th to 25th of the month.

Maybe I'll just try activate on 1st Sep. Oct then decide if want to port over from M1 if everything ok. So far M1 and TPG don't have reception in my estate lift, if this one got means reception very good :s13:
 

bunnypangsai

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2012
Messages
9,939
Reaction score
39
isn't lift a giant faraday cage? :s11:
Maybe I'll just try activate on 1st Sep. Oct then decide if want to port over from M1 if everything ok. So far M1 and TPG don't have reception in my estate lift, if this one got means reception very good :s13:
 

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
Maybe I'll just try activate on 1st Sep. Oct then decide if want to port over from M1 if everything ok. So far M1 and TPG don't have reception in my estate lift, if this one got means reception very good :s13:

BTW*reception doesn't mean that you have a good data speed and able to hear each other in a call.**

But zero signal means game over.

For my side lift has*reception 3 out of 5 bars. But the call audio is*choppy and both sides can't hear each*other until I get out of the lift. good thing is the call didn't get disconnected*
 

droozy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
2,761
Reaction score
12
Funny. At 12midnight just now, I connect to wifi , choose port in with ex sim card. Because they ask me to wait for sms first then slot in giga sim card .

Till not not ported yet . Still see previous provider . What happen?
 

destrier

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2001
Messages
2,129
Reaction score
1,684
Funny. At 12midnight just now, I connect to wifi , choose port in with ex sim card. Because they ask me to wait for sms first then slot in giga sim card .

Till not not ported yet . Still see previous provider . What happen?


The port-in process is not immediate. They usually do the day's scheduled batch around 10 or 11pm, so they probably scheduled yours for tonight. You can live chat with their agents to check on your port-in status.
 
Last edited:

droozy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
2,761
Reaction score
12
Oh oki. I tot i do wrongly. But i also read here tat someone takes only 2hrs upon request mmm. Thanks!
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,180
Reaction score
17,443
I wonder on the firsts of the month, will the servers be overwhelmed with activation requests until up lorry? :o
 

droozy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
2,761
Reaction score
12
I click on live agent . It says the agent running but it has been 15 min also no response
 

SBS2716G

Master Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
3,276
Reaction score
70
anyone on Giga using Iphone..
Does the IOS version affect hotspot?

My friend on ios10... was on starhub previously.
just change to giga. can change the mobile data apn to giga, but cant change the apn at the hotspot part to giga..
want to enable hotspot, pop up a msg say contact starhub at 1633..

so it is better to reset the network setting to remove all the previous APN?
 

SBS2716G

Master Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
3,276
Reaction score
70
Btw. Anyone know whether u can change the number after u have done port in ?
I have a TPG line which I need to port in (so as to cancel from. TPG side). I would like to have a new giga! number instead.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,180
Reaction score
17,443
Btw. Anyone know whether u can change the number after u have done port in ?
I have a TPG line which I need to port in (so as to cancel from. TPG side). I would like to have a new giga! number instead.

Not sure what u are trying to do.
Do u need to port in or do u need a new giga number? Or do u need to port in, then want a new number? :s11:

If it is the latter, then might as well cancel the port in now (since u wrote "need to port in", which I assume u have not ported in yet) and just retain your existing giga number (and take it as a new giga number lor).

Port in using another plan then, if your purpose is just to cancel from TPG.
 

sadboy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
179
anyone on Giga using Iphone..
Does the IOS version affect hotspot?

My friend on ios10... was on starhub previously.
just change to giga. can change the mobile data apn to giga, but cant change the apn at the hotspot part to giga..
want to enable hotspot, pop up a msg say contact starhub at 1633..

so it is better to reset the network setting to remove all the previous APN?

Best is to change all APN to Giga.

Giga although using starhub network. But can't use the starhub customer apn.
 
Last edited:

sadboy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
179
Not sure what u are trying to do.
Do u need to port in or do u need a new giga number? Or do u need to port in, then want a new number? :s11:

If it is the latter, then might as well cancel the port in now (since u wrote "need to port in", which I assume u have not ported in yet) and just retain your existing giga number (and take it as a new giga number lor).

Port in using another plan then, if your purpose is just to cancel from TPG.


In the app does not have this function to change number.

Suggest you chat with the support. I suspect they asked u apply for a new line and terminate the old Giga line.


When Giga first started. Port in is only available for new sign up.


The port in function was only added after customer like me Kpkb why port in only available during sign up only.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top