Starhub Giga

SBS2716G

Master Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
3,276
Reaction score
70
Not sure what u are trying to do.
Do u need to port in or do u need a new giga number? Or do u need to port in, then want a new number? :s11:

If it is the latter, then might as well cancel the port in now (since u wrote "need to port in", which I assume u have not ported in yet) and just retain your existing giga number (and take it as a new giga number lor).

Port in using another plan then, if your purpose is just to cancel from TPG.

I have a TPG plan. Their billing is erratic. And it is difficult to cancel. They take long time to reply email.

So alternative is to port out to other telco, so the TPG side will be cancel.

So I wan to port in to Giga first. But after port in, I wan change to a new giga number. The purpose of port in is actually to cancel the TPG plan.

I know I can just sign up a new number at giga. But that won’t cause my TPG line to be cancel.

Alternatively I port in to giga. Use for 1 month so as not waste the $12 Sign up another giga line as well but only activate after the port in line is cancel after one month.

Best is that I can change the number after I port in. No need sign 2 lines
 

SBS2716G

Master Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
3,276
Reaction score
70
In the app does not have this function to change number.

Suggest you chat with the support. I suspect they asked u apply for a new line and terminate the old Giga line.


When Giga first started. Port in is only available for new sign up.


The port in function was only added after customer like me Kpkb why port in only available during sign up only.
This is what I think. Port in n cancel after one month. Sign another new line from giga as I saw some number that I wan
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,208
Reaction score
17,454
I have a TPG plan. Their billing is erratic. And it is difficult to cancel. They take long time to reply email.

So alternative is to port out to other telco, so the TPG side will be cancel.

So I wan to port in to Giga first. But after port in, I wan change to a new giga number. The purpose of port in is actually to cancel the TPG plan.

I know I can just sign up a new number at giga. But that won’t cause my TPG line to be cancel.

Alternatively I port in to giga. Use for 1 month so as not waste the $12 Sign up another giga line as well but only activate after the port in line is cancel after one month.

Best is that I can change the number after I port in. No need sign 2 lines
I think u should do the 2 things separately.

I dun think it is possible to sign up for a plan, and after port-in liao, still want another number.

U might as well email TPG to cancel your line directly and dun do the port-in. :s22:
 

justln

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
30,819
Reaction score
5,886
Why so mafan? TPG thread got personal email of a TPG employee that you can email for termination, just do that.
Port here port there change number just to cancel TPG, spend more time and effort doing so. :s13:

If I were GIGA, I would just say no to save the headache of transferring accounts/numbers.
 

SBS2716G

Master Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
3,276
Reaction score
70
I think u should do the 2 things separately.

I dun think it is possible to sign up for a plan, and after port-in liao, still want another number.

U might as well email TPG to cancel your line directly and dun do the port-in. :s22:

Already say TPG can take 2 months to reply n cancel. That there problem
 

justln

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
30,819
Reaction score
5,886
Already say TPG can take 2 months to reply n cancel. That there problem
People already say they got their accounts cancelled in 15 mins through the personal TPG employee email, why even bother with this convoluted kerfuffle mess of porting in, changing number if it is even possible? :s13:
 

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2019
Messages
19,950
Reaction score
4,152
Hope that giga will support change of ownership. Other MVNOs like circleslife and myrepublic allow this.
 

divineone

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
1,882
Reaction score
1,024
without purchasing the IDD pack, making overseas call out won't connect? Also 1900 calls cannot work?
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
Had the same issue and change to giga APN as advised by CSO. No problem after that

Yes it works for me too but sometimes my data stop working and only way is change default apn. Not sure why. Using Android btw
 

addict951

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2002
Messages
188,325
Reaction score
20,565
Anybody jumped over to the Giga $10 plan from the MR $10 plan?
Did reception improve for you?
 

sadboy

Master Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2000
Messages
2,916
Reaction score
179
Anybody jumped over to the Giga $10 plan from the MR $10 plan?
Did reception improve for you?

Depends where u usually go. I think all Telco network about the same (except tpg).

They each have their blindspots. Giga using starhub so you might like to check with friends using Starhub.
 

davi502

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
4,610
Reaction score
57
Anybody jumped over to the Giga $10 plan from the MR $10 plan?
Did reception improve for you?

My brother was on CL and recently switched to giga. So far so good, network and coverage better than CL. Previously when doing grabfood using CL sometimes will have no or slow mobile data. In West area.
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,208
Reaction score
17,454
Tomorrow is the 1st liao. Hopefully my activation goes smooth without delays. :o
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top