Starhub Giga

djkopikat

Banned
Joined
Mar 2, 2001
Messages
51,262
Reaction score
9,041
I did an experiment, i pop 2 giga sim into my dual sim mate 20 x, i used sim1 to make a call, and sim2 as the default data, while in a call, sim2 data got cut off too, why isit so?
 

barnabaskoh

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
1,231
Reaction score
54
Not about volte. If you are using dual SIM phone, you can set which SIM to use data which SIM for voice.

If you got a second SIM that you are using Data, set it to use data from that sim only. Then voice calls will be on your giga SIM.

My main is starhub and giga is my sub. So I set my starhub as voice and giga as data should work right?
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
I did an experiment, i pop 2 giga sim into my dual sim mate 20 x, i used sim1 to make a call, and sim2 as the default data, while in a call, sim2 data got cut off too, why isit so?

You need to confirm if this phone model is dual standby / dual active.

Dual active means it has 2 sets of receivers and hence able to let one receiver make the call and the other perform data transmission :o
 

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2019
Messages
6,236
Reaction score
2,119
I did an experiment, i pop 2 giga sim into my dual sim mate 20 x, i used sim1 to make a call, and sim2 as the default data, while in a call, sim2 data got cut off too, why isit so?

This model is 2018 model... don't know if it's dual 4G ? Some 4g/3g. Last time, I had one old phone 4g/2g.

If 4g/3g, then your voice is 4g, the other is 3g, you will have the problem.

Mine is dual 4g. I have tested giga and circles life. When I call on giga, the circles life still gives me data.
 

Deniseee

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
sim only plan bills prorated

Anyone knows if your bills will be pro rated when u port over?

Currently on StarHub sim only plan (no contract) and has 14 days before the current bill cycle ends but I'm interested in the giga pop up plan
 

Averse

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2020
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Has anyone tried the "Enjoy $10 OFF your first month!
when you join our mailing list. Promo code will be emailed to you.?" If yes, is it available for the 6GB for $10/month plan?
 

Jurong640

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
45,783
Reaction score
18,732
Kns anyone keep having poor call reception issues? Frequent distorted voice

It's normal for Giga and for starhub. Because when you make a voice call, the network will need to switch from 4g to 3g to receive and make a call. Last time on giga, I had calls totally can't hear the other party.
 

EveMuffins

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
42,962
Reaction score
4,947
Regarding the giga app, under 'My data usage' -> 'Customize usage alert', how do I set to 40GB as I'm seeing maximum 3GB only.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Regarding the giga app, under 'My data usage' -> 'Customize usage alert', how do I set to 40GB as I'm seeing maximum 3GB only.
Haha I was asking the same qns too, because just ported over. Someone mentioned this is for daily alert, which I find it weird why track daily usage...

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
 

EveMuffins

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
42,962
Reaction score
4,947
Haha I was asking the same qns too, because just ported over. Someone mentioned this is for daily alert, which I find it weird why track daily usage...

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
Ya lor..why track daily usage..:s13:
 

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2019
Messages
19,950
Reaction score
4,152
Waiting for 12/12.

Hopefully Giga would have a plan with 120 mins, 120 sms and 12gb data for $12 :D
 

a4973

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2003
Messages
3,396
Reaction score
381
Hi can anyone help me understand the giga lte network specs? Ie my phone mi A2 has lte 3 CA Cat 12. On giga am I using the 3ca cat 12 to the fullest extent? Thanks
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,635
Reaction score
676
Those of you with 40gb and above with roll over. Don't say data a lot no need login check data. Just once everyday login see see look look not asking you to check your data. Is come in the app see see look look whether got free benefits a not. Sometimes once I a while they will give freebies like free 10gb data or free 1-2gb FB and IG pack. You have to go inside the apps to redeem the freebies no go in cannot redeem the freebies.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Actually now switched from SH 15GB to giga 40gb, I never really bother to off data other than occasionally off don't want keep vibrating at office. Haha

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
Those of you with 40gb and above with roll over. Don't say data a lot no need login check data. Just once everyday login see see look look not asking you to check your data. Is come in the app see see look look whether got free benefits a not. Sometimes once I a while they will give freebies like free 10gb data or free 1-2gb FB and IG pack. You have to go inside the apps to redeem the freebies no go in cannot redeem the freebies.

For those with 40GB & above plan subscribers with rolled over as well... :(:(:( what is another 1-2GB free data? :o:o

Data is same as MONEY, it is just a number until you start using it
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top