Starhub Giga

zyblack

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
817
Reaction score
76
Both my DBS Vickers and FSMOne sms login not working...no sms received even after I restart phone. Have raised the issue with giga on facebook. Maybe it is a sign I shouldn't do any stock trading today...

My issue getting worse.....now can't even send out sms. Checked my quota still have 90 over sms available to use. Anyone ever contacted them via phone or talked to a human on the their side? Their replies via emails are slow and I need my sms for work and for banking/trading
 

heartywarrior

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2017
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
749
My issue getting worse.....now can't even send out sms. Checked my quota still have 90 over sms available to use. Anyone ever contacted them via phone or talked to a human on the their side? Their replies via emails are slow and I need my sms for work and for banking/trading

ok for mine... been receiving smses from those websites... maybe could be yr phone? if u got spare phone maybe u could try and see if it works...
 

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
11,362
Reaction score
3,715
My issue getting worse.....now can't even send out sms. Checked my quota still have 90 over sms available to use. Anyone ever contacted them via phone or talked to a human on the their side? Their replies via emails are slow and I need my sms for work and for banking/trading

No hotline. Try to connect to livechat.
 

tks

Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2001
Messages
488
Reaction score
20
Depend on your area, my Giga only get 10-20 mbps

Just wondering. If Giga is using StarHub network, wouldn’t coverage be the same as StarHub? Coz I have colleagues who complained Giga coverage not as good as StarHub. I am trying to see the difference between StarHub & Giga!

- no VoLTE
- no roaming voice call &outgoing SMS
- no MMS
- no missed call alert
- network not as good???
 

chaiscool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2018
Messages
16,454
Reaction score
6,025
Just wondering. If Giga is using StarHub network, wouldn’t coverage be the same as StarHub? Coz I have colleagues who complained Giga coverage not as good as StarHub. I am trying to see the difference between StarHub & Giga!

- no VoLTE
- no roaming voice call &outgoing SMS
- no MMS
- no missed call alert
- network not as good???

IMO it’s not the same. Had a drop off / no signal in areas (mrt platform) that I don’t remember having issue with SH. But it’s not that bad just need to walk a bit more (mrt exit) for better signal.

Can’t really complain for a $10 plan
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,635
Reaction score
676
For the past week I use $10 6gb on my spare phone. Data hover between 4g then 3g then 4g again 3g. How come like that
 

GoodBetterBest

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2019
Messages
6,236
Reaction score
2,119
IMO it’s not the same. Had a drop off / no signal in areas (mrt platform) that I don’t remember having issue with SH. But it’s not that bad just need to walk a bit more (mrt exit) for better signal.

Can’t really complain for a $10 plan

Any knows and can explain, technically, how they control the bandwidth for different SIM cards ? Would like to know. Thank you very much !
 

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2013
Messages
8,082
Reaction score
463
For the past week I use $10 6gb on my spare phone. Data hover between 4g then 3g then 4g again 3g. How come like that

Did you set APN correctly? I have the issue when didn't set properly (shwap/shinternet), but giga apn is fine.
 

chaiscool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2018
Messages
16,454
Reaction score
6,025
Any knows and can explain, technically, how they control the bandwidth for different SIM cards ? Would like to know. Thank you very much !

Telco know if you’re on mnvo so they give priority to their own first. Apn setting for Mnvo different so maybe based on that
 

decibels

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
13,706
Reaction score
578
X2vINFZl.jpg

Kept getting this error when trying to make payment, anyone encounter this?
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
9u5JJ66l.jpg


Strange I am sure I never SMS, but where the 3 SMS goes to...

Data usage about 14gb. Lucky I switched out from SH 15gb plan where I had to be mindful and switch off as when. Now on giga, I scare no enough battery instead of not enough data. :p

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
 

chaiscool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2018
Messages
16,454
Reaction score
6,025
9u5JJ66l.jpg


Strange I am sure I never SMS, but where the 3 SMS goes to...

Data usage about 14gb. Lucky I switched out from SH 15gb plan where I had to be mindful and switch off as when. Now on giga, I scare no enough battery instead of not enough data. :p

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

Could be otp or some authentication thing that uses sms
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,635
Reaction score
676
I might port back to giga 40gb plan from circle life because circle life 100gb too much cannot use finish now I got 180gb from roll over this month 14 days only use about 8-9gb
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top