Starhub Giga

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,635
Reaction score
676
I decided to go with giga and ditch circle life, have sign the giga 40gb pop up plan just a moment ago. This morning put in my spare 6gb giga sim card together with circle life SIM card. From morning 9.00am to 15.00pm take mrt and bus go to a few 5-6 places to test the signal and found out that giga signal network fare better than circle life signal network.
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,635
Reaction score
676
I have sign up the giga 40gb pop up plan with new number just now. Tomorrow is the delivery of my giga SIM card. I will activate my giga SIM card on 1 Jan 2021 0000am, I will use my circle life SIM card first and I will use the giga app to port in from circle life to giga Telco between 20-30 Jan 2021.
 
Last edited:

xiao_bear_bear

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2019
Messages
1,079
Reaction score
9
I have sign up the giga 40gb pop up plan with new number just now. Tomorrow is the delivery of my giga SIM card. I will activate my giga SIM card on 1 Jan 2021 0000am, I will use my circle life SIM card first and I will use the giga app to port in from circle life to giga Telco between 20-30 Jan 2021.

Does that mean from 1st Jan to the date you port in from CL, you are paying for 2 lines?
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,635
Reaction score
676
I have decided to use the giga 40gb for spared and will terminate before 1 month as circle life give me better benefits when I write a very long email and complain to them.
 

natas

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,244
Reaction score
532
Currently wanted to port from Giga to TPG but unable to. TPG gave me the rejected reason, my Giga is prepaid. :eek:

Giga support is a pain in the ass.... only web live chat or whatsapp, why no human voice? After a long wait, Giga agent replied and gave me a reason of unable to port over, prepaid account. Does Giga provides prepaid service??? I have been paying a fixed amount monthly. I asked them why am I in prepaid and the web chat went silent............ like I am a stupid fool talking to myself.

Personally I am sick of the support provided, very slooooooooooowwwww. If u can wait then message chat is good.... else a voice is still the right way to provide support. Better get out asap for me.

I am wondering, the management does meetings via messaging.... :s8:
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
Currently wanted to port from Giga to TPG but unable to. TPG gave me the rejected reason, my Giga is prepaid. :eek:

Bro think the problem is not giga. I ported 4 lines out from Giga without any issues. 2x to CL Zero $ and another 2 to CMLink. All went smoothly....:o
 

NatureKeeper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
13,497
Reaction score
87
Anyone have any idea -What happens if the port over fails due to wrong number given and the wrong number doesn't not tally with my name?
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
Anyone have any idea -What happens if the port over fails due to wrong number given and the wrong number doesn't not tally with my name?

they will reject the porting and send you a sms that the port has failed (as for the details of the sms i dunno but i think they will give u a brief idea) and you have to call to check the issues.
 

NatureKeeper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
13,497
Reaction score
87
they will reject the porting and send you a sms that the port has failed (as for the details of the sms i dunno but i think they will give u a brief idea) and you have to call to check the issues.
Thanks for the valuable info.

Tried whatsapping and facebook message them this morning to try to resolve this issue . No reply till now. Damn frustrating. Seems non existing customer service.

btw, is there a number to call? tried googling. don't seems to have any.
 
Last edited:

natas

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,244
Reaction score
532
Bro think the problem is not giga. I ported 4 lines out from Giga without any issues. 2x to CL Zero $ and another 2 to CMLink. All went smoothly....:o

Just got frustrated getting the same question from the web agent. Asked me 3 times over hours, was the giga mobile no wrongly given to TPG. 2 times I replied with proof of right no. The 3rd, after spending so many hours, I decided f it.... I am getting a new no. with TPG and cancel Giga service. Lucky, this is my spare no.

My primary is M1 since the 1st day, I had a mobile... Support is definitely better.


Thanks for the valuable info.

Tried whatsapping and facebook message them this morning to try to resolve this issue . No reply till now. Damn frustrating. Seems non existing customer service.

btw, is there a number to call? tried googling. don't seems to have any.

U are not alone.... unable to get a human to talk except messaging and it took them long if they decide to reply. Finally I gave up and cancelled the service.

There are so many MVNO n MNO in SG. 1 suck up, there is another.
 
Last edited:

chaiscool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2018
Messages
16,419
Reaction score
6,012
Currently wanted to port from Giga to TPG but unable to. TPG gave me the rejected reason, my Giga is prepaid. :eek:

Giga support is a pain in the ass.... only web live chat or whatsapp, why no human voice? After a long wait, Giga agent replied and gave me a reason of unable to port over, prepaid account. Does Giga provides prepaid service??? I have been paying a fixed amount monthly. I asked them why am I in prepaid and the web chat went silent............ like I am a stupid fool talking to myself.

Personally I am sick of the support provided, very slooooooooooowwwww. If u can wait then message chat is good.... else a voice is still the right way to provide support. Better get out asap for me.

I am wondering, the management does meetings via messaging.... :s8:

Explains the error I’m getting to port over to GOMO. Anyone got port over from giga to gomo?

Bro think the problem is not giga. I ported 4 lines out from Giga without any issues. 2x to CL Zero $ and another 2 to CMLink. All went smoothly....:o

Can’t port to gomo too. Giga seem like the problem, maybe someone should try typing in their Giga number in gomo “keep existing number” page and see if can go through.
 
Last edited:

shawnng

Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2010
Messages
496
Reaction score
74
You should contact tpg instead again. Nothing wrong with giga.

Tpg will need to submit the port in request.

FYI both don’t have much support.

Currently wanted to port from Giga to TPG but unable to. TPG gave me the rejected reason, my Giga is prepaid. :eek:

Giga support is a pain in the ass.... only web live chat or whatsapp, why no human voice? After a long wait, Giga agent replied and gave me a reason of unable to port over, prepaid account. Does Giga provides prepaid service??? I have been paying a fixed amount monthly. I asked them why am I in prepaid and the web chat went silent............ like I am a stupid fool talking to myself.

Personally I am sick of the support provided, very slooooooooooowwwww. If u can wait then message chat is good.... else a voice is still the right way to provide support. Better get out asap for me.

I am wondering, the management does meetings via messaging.... :s8:
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
Can’t port to gomo too. Giga seem like the problem, maybe someone should try typing in their Giga number in gomo “keep existing number” page and see if can go through.

This morning I quite free, so tried as you requested with a Giga number and yep... went pass that stage and on to how & when I wanted it delivered :o:o:o
 

NatureKeeper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
13,497
Reaction score
87
U are not alone.... unable to get a human to talk except messaging and it took them long if they decide to reply. Finally I gave up and cancelled the service.

There are so many MVNO n MNO in SG. 1 suck up, there is another.

haiz... hate to admit but to agree with you. Going see how this issue goes by waiting for the result of the porting before making my next decision. I'm sure it is going to fail.

Thinking of adding into my monthly bills, but is starhub Giga good?

won't advise. If no problem, good for you. if encounter any problem, you are on your own. Giga's customer service is non-existance from my experience so far.
 

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
15,635
Reaction score
676
Although giga is using starhub infrastructure but it signal is not as good as starhub. Use the spare 6gb giga SIM card on my spare Samsung M30 phone. Many times the signal drop from 4g to 3g which mean the signal drop a lot.
 

SibehHL

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2016
Messages
2,101
Reaction score
374
I decided to go with giga and ditch circle life, have sign the giga 40gb pop up plan just a moment ago. This morning put in my spare 6gb giga sim card together with circle life SIM card. From morning 9.00am to 15.00pm take mrt and bus go to a few 5-6 places to test the signal and found out that giga signal network fare better than circle life signal network.

Although giga is using starhub infrastructure but it signal is not as good as starhub. Use the spare 6gb giga SIM card on my spare Samsung M30 phone. Many times the signal drop from 4g to 3g which mean the signal drop a lot.

So Circle.Life signal must be really quite bad lor.... :(:(:(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top