Starhub Giga

Cyborg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,047
Reaction score
2,207
The validity of gigaRoam APAC will be 5 days upon activation.

When the fifth day is up and expired, there will not be any connection to the internet.
Hence, you need to purchase roaming data and upon successful, your new purchase will be stacked onto your balance of roaming data, if any.
The validity will then be for the next 5 days consecutively.
 

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
3,285
I port in to Giga from another telco. How long before I can port out? Can I stay on Giga for a week and port out?
 

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
3,285
I guess can but you will probably pay for the full month?
Yes paid for full month. I port to giga in order to port to M1 Maxx. Initially plan to stay at least a month but I realise Maxx deal going to end in mid April. So decided to forfeit.
 

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
3,285
Hi all. New to giga. Just port over on April fools. The giga data roaming 1gb at $5 for 5 days. App allows us to +1 +2. The plus is used to add the gb as in 2gb 3gb for 5 days or add the number of days like 1gb for 10 days 15 days?
 

highsulphur

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
77,984
Reaction score
40,470
Hi all. New to giga. Just port over on April fools. The giga data roaming 1gb at $5 for 5 days. App allows us to +1 +2. The plus is used to add the gb as in 2gb 3gb for 5 days or add the number of days like 1gb for 10 days 15 days?
First one. Better to buy as you use.
 

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
3,285
Has anyone used gigaroam rest of the world in Europe countries like Switzerland France? How is the connection? More for WhatsApp messages and calls. Plus surfing social media and reading emails.
 

Cyborg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,047
Reaction score
2,207
Hi all. New to giga. Just port over on April fools. The giga data roaming 1gb at $5 for 5 days. App allows us to +1 +2. The plus is used to add the gb as in 2gb 3gb for 5 days or add the number of days like 1gb for 10 days 15 days?
Whatever amount of GB you had purchased, the 5 days validity will start upon activation.
APAC - 1GB for 5 days
ROTW - 1GB for 15 days
 

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
3,285
Whatever amount of GB you had purchased, the 5 days validity will start upon activation.
APAC - 1GB for 5 days
ROTW - 1GB for 15 days
Not 1gb 5 days then 2gb 10 days etc 😂 ? Then I better not buy first.
 

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
3,285
Actually now a short trip is easily one week. 5 days is a bit short. But I definitely don’t need 2gb as I will tap on hotel wifi and mall wifi as and when available.
 

Cyborg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,047
Reaction score
2,207
Ok that means I buy one gb first.
Before my trip, I will look out for Giga's deal, like buy 1GB + 1GB free, if I am lucky.
I will wait till almost close to my departure date, if no deal arises, then just purchases the 1GB first.
 

luckygal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
3,285
Before my trip, I will look out for Giga's deal, like buy 1GB + 1GB free, if I am lucky.
I will wait till almost close to my departure date, if no deal arises, then just purchases the 1GB first.
The day you purchased is the day 1 right. Then I see if I can survive first day and buy on second day of trip.
 

Cyborg

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,047
Reaction score
2,207
The day you purchased is the day 1 right. Then I see if I can survive first day and buy on second day of trip.
Normally 1 day before departure.
I definitely need data roaming to book transport to hotel or to contact someone.
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
The day you purchased is the day 1 right. Then I see if I can survive first day and buy on second day of trip.
No, the pack only activates when you connect to a foreign network. Otherwise you can buy easily a month or so in advance and keep.
 

silverbomb

Master Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
3,945
Reaction score
693
I got my first no network once I've left my house wifi. airplane mode on off still nth, got to remove Sim tray then put back then read the network.

I find this more common with M1 or SH lines, Singtel not so.
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
I got my first no network once I've left my house wifi. airplane mode on off still nth, got to remove Sim tray then put back then read the network.

I find this more common with M1 or SH lines, Singtel not so.
Sounds like a phone fault if you have to physically remove the sim tray to reconnect. Maybe try your on off airplane mode more slowly so that the phone has time to properly cut off from the network.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top