pepperminttea
Junior Member
- Joined
- Feb 2, 2023
- Messages
- 65
- Reaction score
- 16
Amazing, Giga cannot work, then i itchy get a Eight mobile esim, works perfectly on S24U
Sounds good. I'm also contemplating switching out to eight next month too.
Amazing, Giga cannot work, then i itchy get a Eight mobile esim, works perfectly on S24U
To whereI also porting out of Giga mid month
I used "leave a message" and they got back to me pretty quickly. Unfortunately they completely misread my msg -_-Disappointed with Giga, i do like their app and the frequent promos, and ease of adding roaming data thru the app.
The customer service is practically non-existent, waited 1 hour and just say they will raise a ticket for me. waste time.
anyone ported out already?
let's say bill refresh is today(paid $10.xx) and one ported out tomorrow, will one be able to get back some $$ from the $10.xx paid?
MVNOs no refund.anyone ported out already?
let's say bill refresh is today(paid $10.xx) and one ported out tomorrow, will one be able to get back some $$ from the $10.xx paid?
Ok tried them, voice works on eight. Physical SIM delivery 4 working days, number port in successful from time of activation took 6 - 24hours. Speedwise around same as giga, probably because both piggybacking from SH.Unfortunately not yet, but will be porting out this month cos billing cycle just started. Was considered to port out last month but may not in time for port over to new Telcos cos left few business days.
Had tried on M1 and Circles.life.....no issue and able to support voice call. The signals on their devices shown volte...... So I believe it's giga that cannot support these devices.
If your eight mobile can support voice, I may ask them to consider since the plans are attractive!
Giga just implemented 2FA for the login.
Got prompted for code from email.
EDIT - never mind, seems like i was late to the party. Was implemented in Nov 2024
news just released
https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/tech-news/imda-investigates-starhubs-giga-for-e-sim-security-lapse
Linked to this
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...no-breach-found.7078033/page-6#post-154343359
That is why its always recommended to utilise MFA, 2FA is outdated and insecure in my opinion.![]()
https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/tech-news/imda-investigates-starhubs-giga-for-e-sim-security-lapse
Telco StarHub is being investigated by the sector’s regulator for failing to verify the identity of users requesting to port their Giga e-SIMs to another phone.
| Country | Network Operator (Roaming Data) |
Malaysia | Maxis, U Mobile |
No need. I connect automatically to either Maxis or U Mobile everytime I enter Malaysia.For data roaming let’s say for Malaysia, we turn on data roaming option in phone setting, do we need to manually select network to only Maxis or U Mobile every single time, if yes then very troublesome lei.
So let say giga automatically connect to Digi or Celcom once at Malaysia, can it still work?
Country Network Operator (Roaming Data) ![]()
MalaysiaMaxis, U Mobile
I remember they have free overseas roaming last yearBeen cust for so long ,now their Xmas giveaway cmi ..not even near "giveaway"lol
Yup, last year with free roaming was great.I remember they have free overseas roaming last year
I remember ey have free overseas roaming last year