StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

CanNik

Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Those 3 addresses are Starhub's DNS cache farms.
Yes, these 3 addresses you won't be able to change.
But on the client side, you can force the client to use Google Public DNS instead of using those that are given by Starhub.

Do you have a Mac/iPhone/iPad at home? What's the behavior of those devices if you hardcode the DNS of those device to 8.8.8.8?

i have tried the method both ceecookie and yours.
no use. Once it affects, it affects.
 

yewang

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
67
Reaction score
0

CanNik

Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Messages
157
Reaction score
0

CanNik

Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
I see.. then it is beyond what I can comment based on what I am able to read here.

Should request for an onsite engineer to diagnose.

But just bouncing off ideas, what if you setup a VPN tunnel (e.g. Hide My Ass! Pro VPN Service - Encrypt your internet connection) during the disconnection, are you able to surf?

onsite engineer say never encounter before. Come 4 different 1 all don't know whats wrong. Maybe they are just technician.
 

yewang

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
if i did not remember wrongly when i am using hotspot shield it is ok. (can't confirm)
hmm..maybe the next time you encounter the issue again, try establishing the VPN tunnel and see if you are able to surf? As I re-read CanNik's post, my hunch is it could be Starhub's transparent proxy giving issues.

Recap of the symptoms when the problem occurs:
1. Can ping public IP
2. Can do a traceroute to public IP
3. P2P activities can continue
4. Websurfing is an issue.

The technician might not be able to help much since the one they sent is probably just to swap ONT and RG & perform simple diagnostics.

Should request for escalation and list out the symptoms systematically, with all your observations (e.g. various clients cannot access, regardless of OS).
 

CanNik

Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
hmm..maybe the next time you encounter the issue again, try establishing the VPN tunnel and see if you are able to surf? As I re-read CanNik's post, my hunch is it could be Starhub's transparent proxy giving issues.

Recap of the symptoms when the problem occurs:
1. Can ping public IP
2. Can do a traceroute to public IP
3. P2P activities can continue
4. Websurfing is an issue.

The technician might not be able to help much since the one they sent is probably just to swap ONT and RG & perform simple diagnostics.

Should request for escalation and list out the symptoms systematically, with all your observations (e.g. various clients cannot access, regardless of OS).

that is what i told Starhub. They ensured they have already "fixed" it.
 

yewang

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
that is what i told Starhub. They ensured they have already "fixed" it.
haha..not very responsible eh..

So ever since they say they fixed it, how often do you still encounter this issue?

What about ceecookie? What did Starhub's CSO say? Need to stop payment first before concrete action can be taken?
 

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
22,625
Reaction score
899
haha..not very responsible eh..

So ever since they say they fixed it, how often do you still encounter this issue?

What about ceecookie? What did Starhub's CSO say? Need to stop payment first before concrete action can be taken?

I use email correspondence with Starhub. Today they called but because my side was noisy i told them to allow me 2-3 days to produce the videos for further actions.

Payment wise, there is a recurring credit card payment agreement in effect so I need to get SH to end it. Will get the bank to block the payment if they refuse or delay. Just nice my bill indicate I've been charged up to end of the month only.
 

CanNik

Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
I use email correspondence with Starhub. Today they called but because my side was noisy i told them to allow me 2-3 days to produce the videos for further actions.

Payment wise, there is a recurring credit card payment agreement in effect so I need to get SH to end it. Will get the bank to block the payment if they refuse or delay. Just nice my bill indicate I've been charged up to end of the month only.

who is the cSO whom you are liaising with?
 

CanNik

Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
haha..not very responsible eh..

So ever since they say they fixed it, how often do you still encounter this issue?

What about ceecookie? What did Starhub's CSO say? Need to stop payment first before concrete action can be taken?

daily, any random timing.
 

quiksive

Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
194
Reaction score
0
Sian man I am using starhub dlink Dvg-n5402sp when connect to my galaxy note or iPad after using it for awhile it always get disconnect.. Is it starhub or router problem
 

stilnox

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Repost from my thread, for awareness

I subscribed to Starhub MaxInfinity 100mbps and had it functional starting from 6th Feb 2012.

From the very first day onwards, I have been plagued by this persistant problem with my Internet Browsers.
No matter what I surf, sometime i cannot load any website pages at all. Intranet(192.168~) is unaffected, and so is non-Internet browser programs like MSN Messenger and Bittorrent.

It happens on my PC, on my laptop and on any iPhones/Android devices using the said network.
On Firefox, the error is shown below. In Internet Explorer, it is shown like this.
no-internet-connection-IE.png


The problem does not have a set time when it appeared. Rather its more like random and it occurs at least once a day, lasting up to 30secs-1mins each time.

My home network is like this:

ONT -> Starhub DVG N5402SP LAN Port 1-> (via CAT6 cable) PC ; LAN Port 2-> (via CAT6 cable) TV; LAN Port 3 -> (via CAT6 cable) Dlink 615 Access Point(plugged to its LAN port)


1. Starhub tried troubleshooting via email. Disconnecting the wired connection to my Dlink 615 Access Point, using wired and wireless connection.
The problem still persists.

2. Starhub swapped my ONT and Dlink RG. Problem still persists.

3. Fiber Signal strength is strong. 80~ or so

I am at my wits end. Because unplugging the DLink 615 and still having the problem, it narrowed the problem to an area of :

ONT -> Starhub DVG N5402SP LAN Port 1-> (via CAT6 cable) PC


However, when it still persists after replacement of both RG and ONT, I cannot pinpoint anymore because the PC cannot be the culprit(as laptop also kenna) and both hardware changed. The only possibility is the firmwares but that would means all subscribers using the same HW would be affected.

I have set up my laptop to reload the website Youtube.com every 30 seconds(via Firefox's add on ReloadEvery) and recorded the screen via Hypercam. Bingo! I captured it occuring twice an hour ago.



Using Windows Clock(accurate) in the video as reference, the problem appears at 8:47:43 mark(8.47pm 43th second) and 8:50:44(8.50pm 44th second).

b1e89600.png


On my PC, I have screenshot the occurance at 8:50:44. I did not screenshot the earlier one. This prove that the problem is not confined to the PC or laptop alone. The BattleNet tab is unrefreshed and nothing was loading in that. Also notice Messenger still running normally.

I am pretty much at my wits end. My evidences suggest that this problem is not on my hardwares but rather on Starhub's end.

If anyone have this persistent daily issue as well, please come forward and let me and Starhub know. If Starhub is unable to fix the issue, I will terminate my contract and withhold all payments due for MaxInfinity. I can and I have the resources to fight Starhub in court should they demand termination fee. No termination penalty will be paid at all due to the unreliability of Starhub's MaxInfinity service.

PS: Please dont tell me Bittorrent is causing the issue. I have observed multiple times that the torrents were downloading as per normal during the problem. BT has nothing to do with the issue. Even when BT is not active or initialised, the problem occurs.

hi, i think it is the dlink router issue. i am already on my 2nd exchange set.. coming up with me the 3rd exchange.. my 1st set issue was wireless keep droping and now my 2nd set wireless again also have issue and also when i access my NAS, it freeze my notebook. it hapeen on not 1 but 3 notebooks.
whereas the wired desktop, seems ok.. I figure out it was the wireless having issue.. still waiting for SH to call me, as after i get the 2nd set and have issue, i call Dlink directly.. now waiting for 3rd set.. jesus.... i shouldn't have change from Huawei to Dlink..
 
Last edited:

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
22,625
Reaction score
899
hi, i think it is the dlink router issue. i am already on my 2nd exchange set.. coming up with me the 3rd exchange.. my 1st set issue was wireless keep droping and now my 2nd set wireless again also have issue and also when i access my NAS, it freeze my notebook. it hapeen on not 1 but 3 notebooks.
whereas the wired desktop, seems ok.. I figure out it was the wireless having issue.. still waiting for SH to call me, as after i get the 2nd set and have issue, i call Dlink directly.. now waiting for 3rd set.. jesus.... i shouldn't have change from Huawei to Dlink..

Hi bro, it happens on both wired and wireless. Video is laptop using wifi, screenshot is PC using patch cable.

-------------
Update:

Sent the videos and all to Starhub, and a letter to cease auto cc payment. Will not be paying the MaxInfinity bill by due date if still cannot fix the issue.

IDA also been notified about this issue
 

habsters

Senior Member
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
644
Reaction score
1
hi, i think it is the dlink router issue. i am already on my 2nd exchange set.. coming up with me the 3rd exchange.. my 1st set issue was wireless keep droping and now my 2nd set wireless again also have issue and also when i access my NAS, it freeze my notebook. it hapeen on not 1 but 3 notebooks.
whereas the wired desktop, seems ok.. I figure out it was the wireless having issue.. still waiting for SH to call me, as after i get the 2nd set and have issue, i call Dlink directly.. now waiting for 3rd set.. jesus.... i shouldn't have change from Huawei to Dlink..

I was ABOUT to change... anyway I've no issues on my Huawei but seeing Dlink as an established brand over the years, I was about to make the switch.

So now I think I'll stick to my Huawei (bridged to an ESR9850)...

My advice is, try to make a switch back to Huawei. Some people might not be pleased with Huawei, that depends on the user though.
 

habsters

Senior Member
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
644
Reaction score
1
Sian man I am using starhub dlink Dvg-n5402sp when connect to my galaxy note or iPad after using it for awhile it always get disconnect.. Is it starhub or router problem

If wired connection seems fine but not wireless, then it's the router problem. ;)
 

stilnox

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Hi bro, it happens on both wired and wireless. Video is laptop using wifi, screenshot is PC using patch cable.

-------------
Update:

Sent the videos and all to Starhub, and a letter to cease auto cc payment. Will not be paying the MaxInfinity bill by due date if still cannot fix the issue.

IDA also been notified about this issue

ic ic.. looking at the problem superficially, i think it's the router. as for my problem, when i check with NAS support, someone out there is also facing the same problem with me.. sign.. starhub ah starhub.. i just re-contract only...
hope u can solved your issue soon.. i am almost up to my neck already.. if the 3rd or 4th router still like this, i think i am getting that asus and try to hook up directly with ONT, if ok and i dun have problem, than it must be the dlink and not the "relative NEW techonology" quote from SH.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top