StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

burger

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2002
Messages
8,367
Reaction score
8
Thanks. Hope the dlink is performing and save my wallet in investing a new router. I am now waiting patiently till my installation which scheduled on 7th Jan 2012. :s22:

How come so long?
 

pIsangpIsang

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Currently facing slow down with HTTP applications. dling vid form revision3 will break prematurely or get speeds around 2KBps also the same parallel dl accelerator. pics from image board takes ages to load.
other apps works fine. torrent getting abt 2MBps, utube HD loads as fast as usual, usual latency within games.
so anyone facing the same issue as me?
 

NHT

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2001
Messages
1,437
Reaction score
0
Just switched to Maxinfinity premium 50 mbps plan. Installation went rather more smoothly than I thought. Router is a HG256s. Tested the wireless connection speed on my PC w/win 7 IE9 and got very respectable and consistent results. Same with my son's PC in his room.

1608166935.png


If I test it on my same PC but booting into Ubuntu OS, I get a lower approx 34 mbps download speed.

Using Apple Macbook /Mac OS X, I get about 25 mbps download speed, but with a Fujitsu duo core notebook w/Win 7 pro, I get 48 mbps DL speed. All tested on wireless connection.

good for you. couldn't even get 10Mbps on my huawei in my daughter's room initially. feedback to SH and managed to get it changed to D-Link last week, now at least can get 25Mpbs much improved.
 

chronorec

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
3,161
Reaction score
6
Hello, can anyone advise me on my wireless settings?
I followed the settings on this thread, using ONT->RG->Engenius 9850
Currently my wireless dl speed is less than my 6Mbps plan previously.
I've tried switching the channel to 1,6,11 but all still gave me slow speeds.

Wired
‎
Wiresless


On my SNBB 6Mbps wireless I'm able to get this on my old Aztech WL830RT4
 

Winston7222

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
708
Reaction score
0
Hello, can anyone advise me on my wireless settings?
I followed the settings on this thread, using ONT->RG->Engenius 9850
Currently my wireless dl speed is less than my 6Mbps plan previously.
I've tried switching the channel to 1,6,11 but all still gave me slow speeds.

Wired
‎
Wiresless


On my SNBB 6Mbps wireless I'm able to get this on my old Aztech WL830RT4

It'll help if you can state all the configuration settings down...;)
 

Frontiers

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
Hello, can anyone advise me on my wireless settings?
I followed the settings on this thread, using ONT->RG->Engenius 9850
Currently my wireless dl speed is less than my 6Mbps plan previously.
I've tried switching the channel to 1,6,11 but all still gave me slow speeds.

Wired
‎
Wiresless


On my SNBB 6Mbps wireless I'm able to get this on my old Aztech WL830RT4

hmm... can try puttin beside the esr9850? e 9850 comes with a mere 2dbi antenna fyi
 

chronorec

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
3,161
Reaction score
6
hmm... can try puttin beside the esr9850? e 9850 comes with a mere 2dbi antenna fyi

Just tried putting it beside and got this


Not sure what settings to post, but currently I have these on my Engenius 9850.
On my RG I have DHCP and wlan disabled.
 

samloi

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2007
Messages
29,186
Reaction score
2,561
guys, is somwthing wrong with my connection? I'm getting a pathetic 3kbps while climbing megaupload as premium user. Happened since 2-3 days ago:(:(
 

Winston7222

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
708
Reaction score
0
Not sure what settings to post, but currently I have these on my Engenius 9850.
On my RG I have DHCP and wlan disabled.

Not much experience on the 9850. I've only help bridge the 9850 once so can't really remember.

The settings look ok ler… I would assume that you are using HW RG right?

Maybe hard reset your 9850 & re-configure again or try using the setup wizard.
 
Last edited:

chronorec

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
3,161
Reaction score
6
Not much experience on the 9850. I've only help bridge the 9850 once so can't really remember.

The settings look ok ler… I would assume that you are using HW RG right?

Maybe hard reset your 9850 & re-configure again or try using the setup wizard.

Thanks for the suggestions, I've been trying to isolate the problem and concluded it is not due to the router. Rather the problem is on my laptop, the download speed in safe mode is much faster so I'm still finding out which program or process is the culprit.
 

chronorec

Master Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
3,161
Reaction score
6
So my low speed was actually due to the poor wlan card used in my laptop, specifically intel centrino wireless-n 1030; noticed lots of other complaints about it on the net.

Basically it's a wlan+bluetooth card and the wifi speed suffers drastically when bluetooth is on.
 

Winston7222

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
708
Reaction score
0
So my low speed was actually due to the poor wlan card used in my laptop, specifically intel centrino wireless-n 1030; noticed lots of other complaints about it on the net.

Basically it's a wlan+bluetooth card and the wifi speed suffers drastically when bluetooth is on.

Good to hear that you had found the problem..;)
 

sinistral

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
6,893
Reaction score
302
guys, is somwthing wrong with my connection? I'm getting a pathetic 3kbps while climbing megaupload as premium user. Happened since 2-3 days ago:(:(

Same problem here, images are loading up super slow as well as direct downloads.
 

sinistral

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
6,893
Reaction score
302
ive posted earlier here
other applications works as normal. only http is affected. so its either they got traffic shaping or their proxy is messed up

I see. Is it an isolated case since there's only like.. 3 guys having the same problem here? :s11:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top