StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

Frontiers

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
Well, thanks for the advice.

I did try to set the ip of Belkin to 10.0.13.x but then this Belkin still cannot detect the internet connection. Somehow it cannot really use the connection from this Huawei.

It should be simple but somehow for this Belkin, it is not :(. If anyone has this router, let me know if you have tried the config suggested by MarineX

changing it is okay if u have an idea on what u r doing... but it seems like u r not comfortable with it.

is there a reason why do u need such setup?
 

ngbc

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,605
Reaction score
218
Well, thanks for the advice.

I did try to set the ip of Belkin to 10.0.13.x but then this Belkin still cannot detect the internet connection. Somehow it cannot really use the connection from this Huawei.

It should be simple but somehow for this Belkin, it is not :(. If anyone has this router, let me know if you have tried the config suggested by MarineX

What subnet mask did you use first?
IN the first place, you should not have change the default Huawei RG IP

Your answer to liangtam's question is important. Using default mask 255.0.0.0, then whether 10.0.12.x or 10.0.13.x or 10.0.20.x, all are in the same subnet. You should use 255.255.255.0 mask.
 

banana55

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
443
Reaction score
0
Just upgraded to SH Maxinfinity 100Mbps.Here is my speedtest(Lan connection) for reference.;)




5ms latency looks great. On SH 100Mbps as well and LAN Wire via DLink router to PC, Ive consistently received 20ms at best. May I know if your typical latency is consistently under 10ms? Inputs from others is appreciated as well!
 

Frontiers

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
1668876023.png
 

SExiao

Master Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2004
Messages
2,601
Reaction score
0
WTF.... the ** Huawei Router suka suka no signal... my web page can one moment nothing wrong, next moment just hang there....... nbzzz wtf is going on..... pui
 

MarkChenTW

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2011
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
0
5ms latency looks great. On SH 100Mbps as well and LAN Wire via DLink router to PC, Ive consistently received 20ms at best. May I know if your typical latency is consistently under 10ms? Inputs from others is appreciated as well!

20ms at best. change to 20ms at worst lol.
 

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
37,691
Reaction score
1,439
5ms latency looks great. On SH 100Mbps as well and LAN Wire via DLink router to PC, Ive consistently received 20ms at best. May I know if your typical latency is consistently under 10ms? Inputs from others is appreciated as well!

Depends on the speedtest server
If u choose New Media something, most of the time is 5ms for direct connection
 

weap0nx

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2000
Messages
4,400
Reaction score
4
Depends on the speedtest server
If u choose New Media something, most of the time is 5ms for direct connection

yep exactly. For Singtel users to Singtel speedtest server , it's around 3ms only
M1 to Singtel speedtest 90ms!

They must not be having a very friendly peering policy.
 

banana55

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
443
Reaction score
0
Yep, I base 20ms at best against News Media Express server.





The worst result comes with Viewqwest server at 200-210ms consistent.



Note this is with wired lan connected at 1Gbps rate to Dlink DVG-N5402SP router. Maxinfinity 100Mbps plan. Lan cable is the original supplied length, and router hosts only single PC connection with no other activity in the background.

Something's not right here. Would any SH Fibre users care to post their latency with Viewqwest servers to compare 'bad' to 'bad'?
 

daniely2005

Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
225
Reaction score
0
Your answer to liangtam's question is important. Using default mask 255.0.0.0, then whether 10.0.12.x or 10.0.13.x or 10.0.20.x, all are in the same subnet. You should use 255.255.255.0 mask.


Yes, I use the default one. I can try to use that subnet mask suggested.

So you suggested to change the one that used in Huawei to 255.255.255.0 while for the one used for clients that connect to Belkin to 255.0.0.0 ?

Let me try it later to see if it will work.
 

ngbc

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,605
Reaction score
218
Yes, I use the default one. I can try to use that subnet mask suggested.

So you suggested to change the one that used in Huawei to 255.255.255.0 while for the one used for clients that connect to Belkin to 255.0.0.0 ?

Let me try it later to see if it will work.

No, change all to 255.255.255.0 mask.
 

daniely2005

Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
225
Reaction score
0
No, change all to 255.255.255.0 mask.

Well, thanks again for the suggestion.

After did some testing, found out that the Belkin has some issues and I have to do factory default before configure it again. Now it is working fine
 

ngbc

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,605
Reaction score
218
Well, thanks again for the suggestion.

After did some testing, found out that the Belkin has some issues and I have to do factory default before configure it again. Now it is working fine

You're welcome, glad to know it worked now ...:)
 

UpperCut

Master Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
3,327
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys, I just installed my Maxinfinity 50Mbps today and I'm having trouble getting my desktop computer connection up to speed. I believe its due to the distance between the RG and the desktop's wireless-n usb adaptor, because I could get >30mbps locating a laptop near the RG.



ONT: HG863 >> RG: HG256s >> TP-Link TL-WN722N (150mbps)

Besides pulling a Ethernet cable, is there other ways to improve my desktop's internet connection ? I though of using Homeplugs but read it here that its not reliable.
 

Frontiers

Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys, I just installed my Maxinfinity 50Mbps today and I'm having trouble getting my desktop computer connection up to speed. I believe its due to the distance between the RG and the desktop's wireless-n usb adaptor, because I could get >30mbps locating a laptop near the RG.



ONT: HG863 >> RG: HG256s >> TP-Link TL-WN722N (150mbps)

Besides pulling a Ethernet cable, is there other ways to improve my desktop's internet connection ? I though of using Homeplugs but read it here that its not reliable.

reliable or not... is often people who bought wrong plugs and or electrical wiring but is usually the former.

seems to me that only homeplugs is the only solution left for you.

setting up APs required ethernet cable as well unless u are doin WDS...

but if plugs are not-reliable, wireless is worst.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top