StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

starlust

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
24,767
Reaction score
4,158
Calling SH will not help, I know since I was in your shoe before.

Just wait patiently for them to call for the appointment to activate your fibre.

SH activated my fiber after 6 weeks (approx) of signing up fiber with them.:eek:

was lucky enough to finally receive a call from them

i thought there are only 2 waiting periods?
1 - After installation of TP to await active signal (2-3 weeks)
2 - Calling ISP to fix appointment (2-3 weeks)

How is it you have to wait 6 weeks? iirc, was informed by the first CSO that once the starhub pple come down to my place and if signal is all good, i will be able to utilise and activate my fiber plan already

Really cannot imagine having to wait another 6 weeks to use fiber..
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
was lucky enough to finally receive a call from them

i thought there are only 2 waiting periods?
1 - After installation of TP to await active signal (2-3 weeks)
2 - Calling ISP to fix appointment (2-3 weeks)

How is it you have to wait 6 weeks? iirc, was informed by the first CSO that once the starhub pple come down to my place and if signal is all good, i will be able to utilise and activate my fiber plan already

Really cannot imagine having to wait another 6 weeks to use fiber..

everybody sign up at PC show... you go count lo.

why not? 6 weeks is possible. There are cases where people have to wait for 8 weeks or more.
 

Boltersdriveer

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
0
everybody sign up at PC show... you go count lo.

why not? 6 weeks is possible. There are cases where people have to wait for 8 weeks or more.

Don't remember the previous ITShow in March? There were cases where people waited for 2 whole months only to get it activated in May.
 

starlust

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
24,767
Reaction score
4,158
so confirmed after the Starhub pple come down to my place, i still have to wait 2 to 6 weeks to activate?
 

Michelleang

Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
what do you mean?

The first post already told you the speed MarineX is getting already what.

Based on that you should roughly know how much you should be getting.

I mean what I said in the post.:s13:

Please remember that I am not a computer expert.
 

Michelleang

Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
416
Reaction score
0
was lucky enough to finally receive a call from them

i thought there are only 2 waiting periods?
1 - After installation of TP to await active signal (2-3 weeks)
2 - Calling ISP to fix appointment (2-3 weeks)

How is it you have to wait 6 weeks? iirc, was informed by the first CSO that once the starhub pple come down to my place and if signal is all good, i will be able to utilise and activate my fiber plan already

Really cannot imagine having to wait another 6 weeks to use fiber..

oh no, I waited for 6 weeks from date of registration for SH to come to my house to activate the ONT in my house.

After activation, I am able to surf the internet. No need to wait (maybe to wait for the ONT to stabilize.:))
 

casche

Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2007
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
I just have my MaxInfinity Fibre network installed yesterday and it has been working fine so far. My laptop, handphone etc can connect wirelessly to the network. However, one of the computers at home can only be connected via LAN cable. When I plug in the LAN cable to the ONT directly, my computer cannot detect any network.

Does anyone here face the same problem too? Anyone who also connects via LAN cable can kindly help to advise?

Thanks!
 

Boltersdriveer

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
I just have my MaxInfinity Fibre network installed yesterday and it has been working fine so far. My laptop, handphone etc can connect wirelessly to the network. However, one of the computers at home can only be connected via LAN cable. When I plug in the LAN cable to the ONT directly, my computer cannot detect any network.

Does anyone here face the same problem too? Anyone who also connects via LAN cable can kindly help to advise?

Thanks!

You cannot plug your computer to the ONT directly, StarHub does VLAN-tagging so you can only plug in the router they provide into the ONT.
 

casche

Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2007
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
You cannot plug your computer to the ONT directly, StarHub does VLAN-tagging so you can only plug in the router they provide into the ONT.

I see. Thanks for your advice. What I did was what the HubTrooper advised yesterday. Will you be able to advise how I should connect via LAN cable for my computer to access the network then? Thanks! :)
 

Boltersdriveer

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
0
I see. Thanks for your advice. What I did was what the HubTrooper advised yesterday. Will you be able to advise how I should connect via LAN cable for my computer to access the network then? Thanks! :)

You can connect it from the router -> Your computer via LAN :)
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
I see. Thanks for your advice. What I did was what the HubTrooper advised yesterday. Will you be able to advise how I should connect via LAN cable for my computer to access the network then? Thanks! :)

connect to the gateway provided lah.
 

casche

Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2007
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Hmm, doesn't work from the router SH provided? I think it's time to call their Hub Troopers. Or try looking at the configuration via the WiFi first.

Yup, doesn't work from the router SH provided.
Can you kindly provide the steps to look at the config? Thanks so much for your help.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Yup, doesn't work from the router SH provided.
Can you kindly provide the steps to look at the config? Thanks so much for your help.

I'm confused.

On LAN yahs? When you mentioned you tried what did you tried? Are you able to ping out? Are you able to grab any IP?
 

casche

Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2007
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
I'm confused.

On LAN yahs? When you mentioned you tried what did you tried? Are you able to ping out? Are you able to grab any IP?

I plugged in the LAN cable to the HG Starhub provided and am not able to detect any network at my computer.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top