StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

Zhen Guang

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2010
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
all i can say is i'm not renewing the contract wif starhub... totally disappointed
I use the web pcshow link to request for sales representative to call me up.. apparently... they didn't call me after 2 working days... maybe they just not interested...
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
So I gather that StarHub MaxInfinity is not stable, and that I should not upgrade my cable internet to fibre internet? :o
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
Depends on the provider you're looking at. I'd say, avoid the big 3 though.

I see... so that pretty much limits my options, since I'm keen to sign up for only StarHub fibre to maintain the Hub Club discounts. :o
 

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
May 3, 2001
Messages
139,185
Reaction score
17,445
Btw, I understand that StarHub MaxInfinity requires the use of their RG. Has anyone of u managed to bridge StarHub's RG with your own router, or even managed to use your router as the RG?
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Btw, I understand that StarHub MaxInfinity requires the use of their RG. Has anyone of u managed to bridge StarHub's RG with your own router, or even managed to use your router as the RG?

if you don't get voice. You can even do it without ASUS router... only if...
you gave a valid & solid reason to Starhub.
 

Hellscythe

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
2,348
Reaction score
8
anyone been experiencing very slow download speeds recently? My mediafire downloads speed using idm has dropped significantly.
 

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
7,711
Reaction score
700
hi, anyone knows whether asus nt66u router can work with starhub fiber connection?

Can, but no Digital Voice.

For those with itchy fingers, an N56U and keen to explore to get Digital Voice running, try the latest padavan firmware. Full VLAN and PRIO functionality means you can finally try to get Digital Voice running without a preset.
 

benyap90

Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2007
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
Can, but no Digital Voice.

For those with itchy fingers, an N56U and keen to explore to get Digital Voice running, try the latest padavan firmware. Full VLAN and PRIO functionality means you can finally try to get Digital Voice running without a preset.

can the digital voice still work using the current adsl when i upgraded to fiber?
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
Does Hubber discount applies to MaxInfinity aka fibre broadband?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top