StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
To clarify, I have VoIP. I read in another thread to set the Asus as follows:

configure the following under WAN in advanced settings (on the N56U)

under "Special Requirement from ISP"

Select ISP (VLAN Mode): Manual VLAN Filter + Partitions (Manual VLAN did not work for some reason)

Internet: VID 1071 PRIO 1
IPTV (LAN 4): VID 1099 PRIO 1
VoIP (LAN 3): VID 1095 PRIO 1
Authentication: disable
VPN Server: <left blank>
Host Name: S/N of RG. found on sticker on RG
MAC Address: MTA MAC of RG. found on sticker on RG. Device MAC did not work

Same as N66U? After that setting, I just connect the N66U to the ONT, and the Huawei to Port 3 of N66U, then use the Huawei for VoIP R-11 to my phone?

Appreciate the advice of the experts here. Tks.

I have tried the about settings but it did not work. Anyone can help?
 

Boltersdriveer

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
0
I have tried the about settings but it did not work. Anyone can help?

Direct ONT means your setup should look something like TP > ONT > N66U. You need to set the VLAN settings under the 'Quick Internet Setup' ASUS WebGUI after plugging it to direct ONT and connecting to the router.

Bolts
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Direct ONT means your setup should look something like TP > ONT > N66U. You need to set the VLAN settings under the 'Quick Internet Setup' ASUS WebGUI after plugging it to direct ONT and connecting to the router.

Bolts

Hi, do you know the settings? Can help me, thanks.
 

ngbc

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,605
Reaction score
218
Just to check those on MaxInfinity, anyone change the default Huawei Router to the Asus N66U?

Any settings I need to configure to get it work? I tried the automatic settings but I am not able to connect to the internet.

Anyone to help?

If you're on Starhub MaxInfinity Ultimate Fibre (w/o DV), follow this steps exactly and you're good.

ONT->N66

With this setting, only port #1 &2 and wifi on N66 will worked.

Some people even reported working without entering the mac address. Make sure you reboot ONT & N66 after finished configuration.
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
If you're on Starhub MaxInfinity Ultimate Fibre (w/o DV), follow this steps exactly and you're good.

ONT->N66

With this setting, only port #1 &2 and wifi on N66 will worked.

Some people even reported working without entering the mac address. Make sure you reboot ONT & N66 after finished configuration.

Try this :

LAN > Switch Control > Disable HW Accelerator = Yes

Thanks for all your reply and information.

I have tried the above methods and I am still not connected to MaxInfinity with the following setup :

ONT->N66U

I give up after trying so many times but to no avail. Guess I will just use the default setup till M1 install the ONT on Wednesday then I will start using my N66U router. :(
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
must have done it wrongly. you should try again.

Another thing to check, do I need to key in the IP address, gateway, DNS servers address from the Huawei router settings? I

I have done that the same for the Asus router.
 

prezioso

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
6,101
Reaction score
2
SH fiber not as good as cable, and sucks.

My friend told me, if cable or phone line can go SH, but if fibre, SH is not the right choice... how true it is ...

Starhub fibre is good for me. No complains from my family members as well.

:D

Previously using Maxonline, that one totally like a girl mood. sometimes good sometimes bad. :(

Starhub fibre 1.5 years
Starhub maxonline 10 years.
 

RedAntz

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2007
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

I am just on SH 100mbps fibre. Choose to skip the dlink router and used my own wr841n.

Connection as follows : TP--> ONT-->TL-WR841N
ONT to TL-WR841N using cat5 cable... distance <8m


TL-WR841N setting :
encyption : WPA personal
channel width : auto
signal : a/b/n
Speed : 300

Desktop wired connection using cat 5 able direct to router.
Speedtest result : ~30Mbps up/down

Samsung note 2 wireless connection to router
speedtest result : <3mbps up/down
scenario : phone less than 5m from router. no blockage in between. Phone getting full signal strength but speed very slow.


Any clue as to what i am missing here? Does changing router solve the problem?
 

IncTEh

Master Member
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
2,723
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

I am just on SH 100mbps fibre. Choose to skip the dlink router and used my own wr841n.

Connection as follows : TP--> ONT-->TL-WR841N
ONT to TL-WR841N using cat5 cable... distance <8m


TL-WR841N setting :
encyption : WPA personal
channel width : auto
signal : a/b/n
Speed : 300

Desktop wired connection using cat 5 able direct to router.
Speedtest result : ~30Mbps up/down

Samsung note 2 wireless connection to router
speedtest result : <3mbps up/down
scenario : phone less than 5m from router. no blockage in between. Phone getting full signal strength but speed very slow.


Any clue as to what i am missing here? Does changing router solve the problem?


you are getting 30mbps on wired and 3mbps on wifi? thats really weird. Anyway, set channel width to 40MHz, wireless N only, encryption WPA2-AES.
 

Nichi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
21,251
Reaction score
2
Hi guys,

I am just on SH 100mbps fibre. Choose to skip the dlink router and used my own wr841n.

Connection as follows : TP--> ONT-->TL-WR841N
ONT to TL-WR841N using cat5 cable... distance <8m


TL-WR841N setting :
encyption : WPA personal
channel width : auto
signal : a/b/n
Speed : 300

Desktop wired connection using cat 5 able direct to router.
Speedtest result : ~30Mbps up/down

Samsung note 2 wireless connection to router
speedtest result : <3mbps up/down
scenario : phone less than 5m from router. no blockage in between. Phone getting full signal strength but speed very slow.


Any clue as to what i am missing here? Does changing router solve the problem?
tried changing the cables?

maybe damaged.
 

huffie

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2007
Messages
1,199
Reaction score
2
Hi guys,

I am just on SH 100mbps fibre. Choose to skip the dlink router and used my own wr841n.

Connection as follows : TP--> ONT-->TL-WR841N
ONT to TL-WR841N using cat5 cable... distance <8m


TL-WR841N setting :
encyption : WPA personal
channel width : auto
signal : a/b/n
Speed : 300

Desktop wired connection using cat 5 able direct to router.
Speedtest result : ~30Mbps up/down

Samsung note 2 wireless connection to router
speedtest result : <3mbps up/down
scenario : phone less than 5m from router. no blockage in between. Phone getting full signal strength but speed very slow.


Any clue as to what i am missing here? Does changing router solve the problem?
Which speed test you testing on.. SH's speedtest website or speedtest.net website? as for your wifi try changing to a channel that's less cluttered around your area (probably channel 1 or 13?) and try it...
 

RedAntz

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2007
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
you are getting 30mbps on wired and 3mbps on wifi? thats really weird. Anyway, set channel width to 40MHz, wireless N only, encryption WPA2-AES.


Yup. If I place my note2 directly onto the router, my wireless is max 5mbpx.

I'll try your wireless setting config tonite
 

RedAntz

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2007
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Which speed test you testing on.. SH's speedtest website or speedtest.net website? as for your wifi try changing to a channel that's less cluttered around your area (probably channel 1 or 13?) and try it...

I am on speedtest.net's test for desktop and speednet's android app for my note.

Perhaps it sounds noop, how do i know which channel is less cluttered? Better speed when testing from the same location?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top