StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

icychill

Master Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2006
Messages
2,726
Reaction score
0
having similar issue here...

intermittent connection after upgrade from 100 to 300gbps.

Called starhub and gave them results of my trace route to (9 had request timeout) and they said those numbers mean need technician to check it out despite Fiber status being normal.

Now waiting for results.
 

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
23,491
Reaction score
2,643
I believe it is a wider issue. I have friends using every ISP in SG. All having some issues.

Could it be some issue with the outgoing port/cable/proxy from SG?
 

Authmn

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,969
Reaction score
2
I believe it is a wider issue. I have friends using every ISP in SG. All having some issues.

Could it be some issue with the outgoing port/cable/proxy from SG?

There is no news on it at all. really?
I get frequent dc from my SH fibre last 2 weeks.
usually evening time and early morning. around 5mins dc. then it will auto come back.
i tried Auto DNS issue, i tried google or opendns also same.
 

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
23,491
Reaction score
2,643
There is no news on it at all. really?
I get frequent dc from my SH fibre last 2 weeks.
usually evening time and early morning. around 5mins dc. then it will auto come back.
i tried Auto DNS issue, i tried google or opendns also same.

How many ppl know that we basically all fibre output is the same place...

Singtel, M1, Starhub, Viewquest, MyRepublic, Superinternet, all fibre end up at same place...
 

JeNoVa-IcHiGo

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
0
Basically all the ISPs are having DIFFERENT issues atm.

Note that even thou they all terminate at exchanges, each of them are hooked into the backbone of all the different RSPs. so... yea. Just a bad year to be a RSP I guess.
 

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
23,491
Reaction score
2,643
Basically all the ISPs are having DIFFERENT issues atm.

Note that even thou they all terminate at exchanges, each of them are hooked into the backbone of all the different RSPs. so... yea. Just a bad year to be a RSP I guess.

Can you share to us some of the issues? :s22:
 

JeNoVa-IcHiGo

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
0
Can you share to us some of the issues? :s22:


Based on my understanding, should be the following :

Starhub - Radius random rejection/DHCP lease expiring, thus the random disconnections

Singtel - Routing issues atm, long latency to Jap and some asia sites.

M1 - Currently slow speed high ping during peak hours for some exchanges.

MR - Used to have slow speed high ping a week back, now issue is back to twitch.tv and of course, almost non existent CS.

Viewqwest - Not that I know of :s13::s13:
 

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
23,491
Reaction score
2,643
Based on my understanding, should be the following :

Starhub - Radius random rejection/DHCP lease expiring, thus the random disconnections

Orz...This is the problem I am facing.

2 days back this issue popped back up at around 11pm. Called them, sent them my ping -t, and ask them to help restart my connection over their side.

5 mins later everything is smooth as silk *insert Thai Airways commerical here*
 

icychill

Master Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2006
Messages
2,726
Reaction score
0
don't mind me asking but what's ping -t? I'm having the same issue of auto dc/intermittent connection again after starhub guy changed my router and left the place.

he mentioned that the d-link router i was using (not-ac) old already and should be changed to the new one already.
 

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
23,491
Reaction score
2,643
don't mind me asking but what's ping -t? I'm having the same issue of auto dc/intermittent connection again after starhub guy changed my router and left the place.

he mentioned that the d-link router i was using (not-ac) old already and should be changed to the new one already.

You know about ping in cmd?

ping *insert ip here* will give you a average reading of your connection to the server

Adding "-t"

ping *insert ip here* -t will keep on pinging to that ip till you interrupt it. I use it to check for intermittent disconnections.

Or you can also use pingplotter (PingPlotter Freeware)
 

icychill

Master Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2006
Messages
2,726
Reaction score
0
ah...I see... thanks for the clarification Humster! Should I be calling them in to restart my connection as well then?

Pingtest seems to keep showing packet loss

109451453.png


trace route on Google shows number 8 has connection timed out.

Actually my problems started cropping out after I upgraded my 100mbps to 300mbps...
 

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
23,491
Reaction score
2,643
ah...I see... thanks for the clarification Humster! Should I be calling them in to restart my connection as well then?

Pingtest seems to keep showing packet loss

109451453.png


trace route on Google shows number 8 has connection timed out.

Actually my problems started cropping out after I upgraded my 100mbps to 300mbps...

Just call them up. Tell them your issues. They will most likely ask you for tracert and ping.

Takes a few days lol...

O ya go DL pingplotter freeware. And run it, it can show packet loss
 
Last edited:

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
23,491
Reaction score
2,643
Damnit.... Tech just left, apparently, they called him here to check my router due to "intermittent wireless disconnection issues"

WHEN I actually have intermittent WIRED connection issues since day 1. These pass 4 mths I made more calls to them, then the pass few years. HELL, I am willing to bet that within 2 mths the number of times I calling them will suppress my whole 12 years with them.

What is worse now, speedtest to locally is normal, once out of SG, example JP, used to be around 12mbps now under 6mbps most of the time.

Most likely gonna make the switch to more expensive services other then Laghub Maxoffine.

Remember this guys, 1 cent $, 1 cent goods.

They can say 1gbps for super low $$$, but the problem is CAN you really get it?
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Damnit.... Tech just left, apparently, they called him here to check my router due to "intermittent wireless disconnection issues"

WHEN I actually have intermittent WIRED connection issues since day 1. These pass 4 mths I made more calls to them, then the pass few years. HELL, I am willing to bet that within 2 mths the number of times I calling them will suppress my whole 12 years with them.

What is worse now, speedtest to locally is normal, once out of SG, example JP, used to be around 12mbps now under 6mbps most of the time.

Most likely gonna make the switch to more expensive services other then Laghub Maxoffine.

Remember this guys, 1 cent $, 1 cent goods.

They can say 1gbps for super low $$$, but the problem is CAN you really get it?

Based on above, i feel that the problem lies with router than service.

LagHub = high ping. You are getting slow speed, shouldnt you brand it as "SlowHub" instead? :s13:
 

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
23,491
Reaction score
2,643
Based on above, i feel that the problem lies with router than service.

LagHub = high ping. You are getting slow speed, shouldnt you brand it as "SlowHub" instead? :s13:

Lol, lag as in I face issues with high ping in games.

In fact the slowiness also lag behind :flash:

As for router, can't do anything about it. That Dlink router is a headache..
 
Last edited:

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Lol, lag as in I face issues with high ping in games.

In fact the slowiness also lag behind :flash:

As for router, can't do anything about it. That Dlink router is a headache..

you can change it. Kindly read post #1 for people doing it. - i have been doing it since then.

I am using StarHub on ASUS. Nowhere near D :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top