StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
23,493
Reaction score
2,643
Lol I did call for router replacement they went and replace mine with another dlink of the same model :flash:

The tech guy did told me about the Asus router. You need to recontract to get it.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Lol I did call for router replacement they went and replace mine with another dlink of the same model :flash:

The tech guy did told me about the Asus router. You need to recontract to get it.

Just pay for 1 to end your misery. If you are feeling sore forking out quality router then you probably have to live with it and learn where exactly the problem is instead of blaming things aimlessly.

my 2cents.
 

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
23,493
Reaction score
2,643
Just pay for 1 to end your misery. If you are feeling sore forking out quality router then you probably have to live with it and learn where exactly the problem is instead of blaming things aimlessly.

my 2cents.

I don't mind forking out for a better router (-_-

The problem is I tried asking them, the said no.

The problem I have now, started like early June. Before that, only once in a blue moon.

I'm bloody willing to dump $ at them to get it fixed. All I get is a flat no.
 

oric1

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2001
Messages
1,796
Reaction score
96
I don't mind forking out for a better router (-_-

The problem is I tried asking them, the said no.

The problem I have now, started like early June. Before that, only once in a blue moon.

I'm bloody willing to dump $ at them to get it fixed. All I get is a flat no.

You can always go buy another router (get ASUS) yourself and replace it, why you need them to change it for you? After that just give them a call and tell them you want direct ONT.
 

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
23,493
Reaction score
2,643
You can always go buy another router (get ASUS) yourself and replace it, why you need them to change it for you? After that just give them a call and tell them you want direct ONT.

That is what I wanted in the first place. They said NO. Asked CS they say no such thing. I asked them early this year.

Seriously you think I can stand the sight and signal power of that Hwawei router then this Dlink one?
 
Last edited:

oric1

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2001
Messages
1,796
Reaction score
96
That is what I wanted in the first place. They said NO. Asked CS they say no such thing. I asked them early this year.

Seriously you think I can stand the sight and signal power of that Hwawei router then this Dlink one?

I got rid of the router they gave me and installed an ASUS myself. Being using it for the last 3 years without any problems. The choice is yours.
 

ohsoon

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
446
Reaction score
0
I got rid of the router they gave me and installed an ASUS myself for the last 3 years without any problems. The choice is yours.

I don't understand since so many people complain about DLink including me why StarHub still not willing to provide a better model?

Aren't they scare that they might lose more and more cm?
 

Andread

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
0
That is what I wanted in the first place. They said NO. Asked CS they say no such thing. I asked them early this year.

Seriously you think I can stand the sight and signal power of that Hwawei router then this Dlink one?

i don't understand why they said no to your direct ONT request. either you didn't ask properly or the CSO don't have a clue. my request was put on immediately. i'd suggest you try calling again and again, until you can find someone to enable direct ONT for you.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
I don't understand since so many people complain about DLink including me why StarHub still not willing to provide a better model?

Aren't they scare that they might lose more and more cm?

$ loh. Perhaps D-Link gave a better deal.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
i don't understand why they said no to your direct ONT request. either you didn't ask properly or the CSO don't have a clue. my request was put on immediately. i'd suggest you try calling again and again, until you can find someone to enable direct ONT for you.

agreed. Have been using it since 2012 (maybe even earlier).

Humster, Take down the name of the CSO and speak to their management. "Feedback" them on the bugger who doesn't know his job.
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
2 years ago, HomeHub nv give the Dlink AC router. If I recontract now, will I get the Dlink AC router or am I supposed to use that cui wireless gateway?
 

Kalikway

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
569
Reaction score
0
just say the existing is giving you problem/outdated model, request new or 'introduce' defect
 

Kalikway

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
569
Reaction score
0
So technically they don't give unless upon request even if I recontract?



it shouldn't be requested in the first place as they 'promised' in their bundle that they will issue the DIR868L. However, where I'm coming from is to give them a piece of your mind that; you want the latest available router to you during the installation. they might have been given 'another' objective from their mgmt to siam you if they can to save cost, who knows right
 

FireHobbit

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
6,626
Reaction score
15
The Dlink 868L is pretty decent router in term of wifi speed and strenght. If u prefer better the u can go for Asus range of router :)
 

ohsoon

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
446
Reaction score
0
Thanks ... Will they install for me if I get a new router? I upgrading from 100 to 500 mbps
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Thanks ... Will they install for me if I get a new router? I upgrading from 100 to 500 mbps

Yes they will if the new router you are refering is from StarHub.

Otherwise, it all depends on the tech who visited to your plc if he is willing to do it or not
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top