StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

Twilight

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,734
Reaction score
3
Hi, any activation fee for your new contract?

My contract going due soon and still considering which plan to go for. My current router N66U can only support up 450Mbps, may be I should get a new AC router for my new plan. :)

.

Just get 1gb at 49.90..
They will give the Dlink AC router .
If that works ok with u.. just use that
if not get Asus AC router..

N66U.. dump that so long time ago.
 

tomicaguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
12,641
Reaction score
501
Why SH still issuing this D-Link DIR-868L Wireless AC Dual-band Router, which is almost 2 year old product?
 

Twilight

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,734
Reaction score
3
Just upgraded to 1GB..

Using Asus AC68 Router.

Sucks speed leh..

4300549629.png
 

Twilight

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,734
Reaction score
3
Only 50~60% of what they promised ?....

I called up and complain how come 500-600Mbps and they say its stated as long it hit 60% they meet their requirement!

They also claimed to have stated this in their website!

Anyone can confirm it?? Really feel cheated getting that kind of speed.
 

Twilight

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,734
Reaction score
3
I am still on 200Mbps and this is the speed I got.

4301010531.png


I was 200Mbps before i upgraded to 1000Mbps

200 speed was stable.
1000 I get about 600Mbps for down max and 800Mbps up max..

Download speed seems of low and unacceptable :(

Anyone on 1GB yet?
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
I was 200Mbps before i upgraded to 1000Mbps

200 speed was stable.
1000 I get about 600Mbps for down max and 800Mbps up max..

Download speed seems of low and unacceptable :(

Anyone on 1GB yet?

Has signed up and set up an installation date on Thursday. Now seeing your speedtest made me regret my decision to recontract to 1Gbps.

The speed direct from ONT is still 600Mbps+?
 

melvinchen

Master Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2000
Messages
4,144
Reaction score
35
I called up and complain how come 500-600Mbps and they say its stated as long it hit 60% they meet their requirement!

They also claimed to have stated this in their website!

Anyone can confirm it?? Really feel cheated getting that kind of speed.

60% is the minimum speed you should be getting if you're on wired connection.
 

Cyberboy128

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2000
Messages
835
Reaction score
0
I was 200Mbps before i upgraded to 1000Mbps

200 speed was stable.
1000 I get about 600Mbps for down max and 800Mbps up max..

Download speed seems of low and unacceptable :(

Anyone on 1GB yet?

U have another pc / laptop to test with? As ur upload is higher than ur download, it seems likely you are hitting bottleneck of your HDD due to its writing speed.
 

Twilight

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,734
Reaction score
3
I am now doing a few test..

Direct ONT testing wired..




Last Result:
Download Speed: 483555 kbps (60444.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 670785 kbps (83848.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
4/20/2015, 6:37:07 AM

Horrible download speed.. Less then 60% :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top