StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
Ido not quite understand this.

The ONT is a Ve-ONT. Whether you like it or not it is still required to be there for your fibre connection whether you subscribed to voice or not

May be he has it own ont already lol.. Hehe.
 

marc2002

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2001
Messages
5,002
Reaction score
143
Ido not quite understand this.

The ONT is a Ve-ONT. Whether you like it or not it is still required to be there for your fibre connection whether you subscribed to voice or not

i mean any other accessories or eqpt for digital voice =:p cos never subscribe before so dunno will come with anything like a box just for voice only
 

souler87

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
1,734
Reaction score
0
OK. Decided and have subscribed to the StarHub Dual Broadband 500 package of $49.90.

There is only one router provided for the Fibre point now. No more 2nd router for the 100mbps Cable point.

So, I'm purchasing an additional router to be installed in my room for the 100mbps Cable point which will be solely used for wired connection to all my staffs in my room.

The rest of the family members will be using the Fibre 500mbps wifi connection.

Settled and happy!

actually you should be using wired for the fibre n cable for the wifi.
phones n pads maximum wifi also cannot hit above 100mbps
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
actually you should be using wired for the fibre n cable for the wifi.
phones n pads maximum wifi also cannot hit above 100mbps

I know. Too bad, can't wire up every rooms bah. The only wired connection for the Fibre is in the living room.
 
Last edited:

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
actually you should be using wired for the fibre n cable for the wifi.
phones n pads maximum wifi also cannot hit above 100mbps

alot of devices (including pads and phones) in the market could hit above 100Mbps on WIFI..
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
alot of devices (including pads and phones) in the market could hit above 100Mbps on WIFI..

That's why I have no choice but to get that package. At least, I can use wired connection from the 100mbps Cable broadband. That, I can get full 100mbos on my pc and smart tv and Android TV box in my room..
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
That's why I have no choice but to get that package. At least, I can use wired connection from the 100mbps Cable broadband. That, I can get full 100mbos on my pc and smart tv and Android TV box in my room..

still do not understand why there isn't any choice.

Like i said, wireless could easily hit 100Mbps or higher.

Instead of having redundancy, i do not see how this dual connection benefit consumers.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
Got my 500mbps + 100mbps installed last night.

Fibre 500mbps 5ghz installed in my living hall produces 300mbps+ of speed on iPhone 6 and my laptop/pc. 260mbps+ on my LG G Pro 2.

For the Cable 100mbps 5hgz installed in my room. Well, it is limited to 100mbps as per status quote.

Awesome super charged wireless and wired connection speed at home now for $49.90 per month!

Single and multitasking by selecting different 500mbps and 100mbps based on one's needs and locations makes every heavy usage members of my family happy at home now!

Happy!
 
Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2011
Messages
17,194
Reaction score
1,010
That's why I have no choice but to get that package. At least, I can use wired connection from the 100mbps Cable broadband. That, I can get full 100mbos on my pc and smart tv and Android TV box in my room..

I understand. With Cable BB you can get stable connection and you do not need to upgrade old mobile device that has poor wifi performance.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
Grats on falling into Starhub marketing gimmick.

Come on la!

Don't say such thing before you understand how big is my house, or rather what's the layout of my house. How far my room is from the main living hall where the main fibre 500mbps router is. How many heavy usage members of family I have. What I do at home. What is the constraint of doing cabling of my house and etc.

The combined 500mbps and 100mbps is the best connection and best value for money setup for me bah.

It may seen to be a gimmick to majority of people here but not to me based on my situation and that I do not live in a HDB flat
 
Last edited:

glacieraze

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
1,162
Reaction score
1
Come on la!

Don't say such thing before you understand how big is my house, or rather what's the layout of my house. How far my room is from the main living hall where the main fibre 500mbps router is. How many heavy usage members of family I have. What I do at home. What is the constraint of doing cabling of my house and etc.

The combined 500mbps and 100mbps is the best connection and best value for money setup for me bah.

It may seen to be a gimmick to majority of people here but not to me based on my situation and that I do not live in a HDB flat

Agree with you. Starhub probably came up with this plan to target this niche market for people like kelvinti, having cabling constraints and big house. It doesn't cost Starhub a cent to package cable connection together with fibre since they own the cable infrastructure.
 

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
Come on la!

Don't say such thing before you understand how big is my house, or rather what's the layout of my house. How far my room is from the main living hall where the main fibre 500mbps router is. How many heavy usage members of family I have. What I do at home. What is the constraint of doing cabling of my house and etc.

The combined 500mbps and 100mbps is the best connection and best value for money setup for me bah.

It may seen to be a gimmick to majority of people here but not to me based on my situation and that I do not live in a HDB flat

if you have said - you need it for redundancy purposes, i will have no choice but to eat my words.

House size is not a factor - with the same amount of equipment, you are able to set up the same with less.

Next, there is something called QoS in the market for ages in most routers. I don't see what kind of heavy usage could do for you that requires 2 x ISP network which your router could not prioritize accordingly.

I would rather spend lesser $ getting a 1Gbps connection. which has almost twice the bandwidth.


Still, as long you are happy.
 

bagger 288

Suspended
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
7,286
Reaction score
27
Got my 500mbps + 100mbps installed last night.

Fibre 500mbps 5ghz installed in my living hall produces 300mbps+ of speed on iPhone 6 and my laptop/pc. 260mbps+ on my LG G Pro 2.

For the Cable 100mbps 5hgz installed in my room. Well, it is limited to 100mbps as per status quote.

Awesome super charged wireless and wired connection speed at home now for $49.90 per month!

Single and multitasking by selecting different 500mbps and 100mbps based on one's needs and locations makes every heavy usage members of my family happy at home now!

Happy!

ali+venu+madhav+gif+%25282%2529.gif

you happi can liao=:p
 

luckyguitar

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
1,250
Reaction score
0
Agree with you. Starhub probably came up with this plan to target this niche market for people like kelvinti, having cabling constraints and big house. It doesn't cost Starhub a cent to package cable connection together with fibre since they own the cable infrastructure.


That Gribber is just full of ****. Only he is daft enough to think that consumers will sign up for a useless plan.

House layout and size is a definite consideration. Most homes already have cable points installed, so its easy to hook up all around the house. Another issue is the stability of their fibre network which starhub themselves know is piss poor. Some users need the internet for work purpose, so when their fibre network screws up, they can fall back on their cable connection. Such users typically have 2 fibre lines (some even pay for corporate lines), so this plan is a cheap alternative.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,270
Reaction score
2,433
That Gribber is just full of ****. Only he is daft enough to think that consumers will sign up for a useless plan.

House layout and size is a definite consideration. Most homes already have cable points installed, so its easy to hook up all around the house. Another issue is the stability of their fibre network which starhub themselves know is piss poor. Some users need the internet for work purpose, so when their fibre network screws up, they can fall back on their cable connection. Such users typically have 2 fibre lines (some even pay for corporate lines), so this plan is a cheap alternative.

Full of spot-on analysis! Hehe!

Anyway, I'm using a free app to auto switch in between the 2 WiFi when I roam around the house to obtain the strongest wifi signal on my phones and laptop.

It just works perfectly. No need to manual switch. That, it truly worths the $49.90 I pay per month.
 
Last edited:

Gribber

Banned
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
11,562
Reaction score
0
there is a reason for this

This message is hidden because luckyguitar is on your ignore list.


I hate to say, i am no where daft. Instead, i know my stuff unlike you. Clearly you do not hence you are willing to feed your hard-earned $ to Starhub.


Clearly, i can tell the forums are filled with daft people thinking that they are smart when in fact, there are ways to do things without spending more.

Go ahead and sink further believing that what you think is right.


I am out of this meaningless topic.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top