Suffer Insomnia

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am 42, and i only sleep from 11pm to 3am then wake up, can't doze off. I will wait for 2 hours till 5am then sleep to 7am. Sometimes i feel i am not well-rested.

Sometimes i get to sleep till 5am. Is this consider Insomnia?

How long did you have this problem?

pdreams

Reaction score
drguo.com

It takes time to recover and you will recover.

I saw this doctor in Taiwan for 2 years after exhausting all local options.

Don't be afraid of taking medication, it will be tapered down and then eventually one will be able to sleep again.

Last edited:

crobin

Reaction score
Can try a combination of Melatonin, Gaba, 5-HTP and Magnesium gylcinate. Many brands, but if you very particular and can afford, the cleanest brand is Pure Encapsulations. Can get from Amazon, but they won't ship direct, need to ship through Vpost.

GGGGGG

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone face the issue where you take about 45 minutes to sleep, and when on the bed, you feel like your body is kinda itching causing you hard to sleep? It’s like random position - sometimes arms, sometimes legs, sometimes knees etc. is this a symptom of insomnia??

needajob

Reaction score
Been having this sleeping problems for more than 10 years.

Feel so physically and mentally draining everyday . Tried making myself tired by Running, drinking alcohol, tea, bath before sleep, breathing technique all doesn't help. Even thou so tired, when I lay on bed, my mind is very active and just can't get to slp. I can lay on bed from 9+pm till morning 4+am then fall aslp but wake up at 5+am again. After 2-3 days of unable to sleep, if lucky then I'm able to sleep for 6-7 hours. On good days, I'm able to fall aslp 4-5 hours continously. I just do not know what's the problem lies and I do not have alot of stress thou. I do not want to take sleeping pills.

Anybody has this similar problems as me and able to give advice on any supplement which could help?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone face the issue where you take about 45 minutes to sleep, and when on the bed, you feel like your body is kinda itching causing you hard to sleep? It’s like random position - sometimes arms, sometimes legs, sometimes knees etc. is this a symptom of insomnia??

Unlikely to be the symptom of insomnia.

I have encountered this before, it took much longer time to get into sleep. I am suspecting it could be due to late consumption of food close to bed time.

Tabbycat in grey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been having this sleeping problems for more than 10 years.

Feel so physically and mentally draining everyday . Tried making myself tired by Running, drinking alcohol, tea, bath before sleep, breathing technique all doesn't help. Even thou so tired, when I lay on bed, my mind is very active and just can't get to slp. I can lay on bed from 9+pm till morning 4+am then fall aslp but wake up at 5+am again. After 2-3 days of unable to sleep, if lucky then I'm able to sleep for 6-7 hours. On good days, I'm able to fall aslp 4-5 hours continously. I just do not know what's the problem lies and I do not have alot of stress thou. I do not want to take sleeping pills.

Anybody has this similar problems as me and able to give advice on any supplement which could help?

Lavender tea or essential oil to smell helps . The tea can buy from chinese shop .

Maybe try drink boiled milk ?
Running , alcohol all these can simulate . Choc too

Aaron_soh80

Banned
Reaction score
Jz curious how may ppl is/are suffer insomnia?

I'm age 53 jz started insomnia last week, every night can't fall asleep, my eye close and wait for the sun to raise.

I have seen Chinese medicine, family clinic and polyclinic, but they gave me pill to release my body stress but I don't think I have due to retired in couple year ago. They don't give sleeping pill now.

Polyclinic referrals me to SGH sleep doctor specialize but SGH rejected and refused to make appointment, said not necessary but referral me to Khoo Tech Huat Hospital to see psychologist in the next 7-10 days.

Problem is, I can't sleep every night, not even fall asleep 1-2 hrs, can I wait such a long time?

How to CURE???

Life too good for u?I buzy until too tired..slp immediately

JDOONG001

Reaction score
Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your condition.
I’m Jingyi from Oriental Remedies Group, a leading patient-centered TCM group that believes in using a combination of traditional medicine with modern medical technology to enhance the efficacy of our insomnia treatments.

From a TCM perspective, proper sleep is controlled by the natural rhythm of Yin and Yang in the body, thus insomnia is often caused by the imbalance of Yin and Yang. There are many underlying factors that affect your sleep. These factors include dietary habits (eg: overeating, heavy meals and consumption of caffeine), strong emotions, chronic illness and old age.

I hope the article helps you understand better about how TCM is able to help you recover from insomnia with the combination of herbal medication, acupuncture and technology-enhanced therapy.

If you would like to consult a professional physician for your insomnia, do Whatsapp us at +65 8742 2163 to make an appointment.

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
IBS disturbing sleep, like wake up go to washroom few times in the night?
Or do u mean that insomnia can be a symptom of IBS?

1. my stomach a bit bloated ytd
2. it trigger my other symptoms like blocked nose
3. yesterday I used nasal congestant
4. I went for a warm shower

then I managed to sleep

thesworth

Reaction score
Could consider drinking those chamomile teas and using scented candles? But maybe you have underlying stress that you are not solving lor. I feel all those wont be that effective if your stressor is overwhelming

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
There are 3 types of techniques:
  • Active Technique ( deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation) - back by research
  • Distraction technique (watch tv, read a book)
  • Tell yourself you can sleep (least effective)
If these 3 cannot work, take medication.

There are many factors that lead to the lack of sleep:
For me:
1) Glare from computer screen
2) Stressful events that are going to happen on the following day.
3) Having other health issues , gastrointestinal discomfort, itching, blocked nose

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.