Syfe REIT+

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
discuss ov here @slapshocked (Wat a name)
i trust u didnt start w 35k but lesser in jan'21" since u been using dca method....total invested is now at 35k ...div i ve received to date is 700++ "
On ave assuming u lump sum 4 a yr u shd knw wat is the div yield per yr by Syfe right? ans pls
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ussion-thread.4313167/page-152#post-138741555
Reits is abt dividends mainly the yield returns
then capital rets (Dont expect much in Short run esp 4 Sgx stks - b it blue chip or nt)

r u holding it 4 speculative or LT??

see its highest pt in Feb 2020 , how long will it take to reach such high? https://www.sgx.com/indices/products/sreitlsp#Product Information

Do u use your OA 4 invesmts? or planning to?

i dont thk ur qns r answrd too @ https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/help-on-growing-wealth.6637235/#post-137823627 regd "benefits and disadvatanges of transfering OA to SA"

SA higher interests (higher by 1.5%) but irreversible - u sure u wanna
https://seedly.sg/posts/many-seem-t...rest-rates-what-kind-of-people-should-do-thatit cannot be used for other purposes such as education, hsing & some high risk invesmts etc
https://www.cpf.gov.sg/member/growi...our-cpf-savings/cpf-investment-scheme-optionshttps://www.dollarsandsense.sg/pros-cons-transferring-cpf-oa-sa/https://blog.seedly.sg/should-you-transfer-cpf-oa-to-sa/
Investment products included under CPFIS
You can invest using your CPF savings from-OASa
Unit Trusts (UTs)YesYes
Higher risk UTs are not included
Investment-linked insurance products (ILPs)YesYes

Higher risk UTs are not included
AnnuitiesYesYes
Endowment policiesYesYes
Singapore Government Bonds (SGBs)YesYes
Treasury Bills (T-bills)YesYes
Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)YesNo products currently available

Higher risk ETFs are not included
Fund Management AccountsYesNo
Fixed Deposits (FDs)No products currently available
Statutory Board BondsNo products currently available
Bonds Guaranteed by Singapore GovernmentNo products currently available
Up to 35% of investible savings (PDF, 0.1MB) can be invested in:
SharesYesNo
Property FundsYesNo
Corporate BondsYesNo
Up to 10% of investible savings (PDF, 0.1MB) can be invested in:
Gold ETFsYesNo
Other Gold products (such as Gold certificates, Gold savings accounts, Physical Gold)YesNo

Last edited:

slapshocked

Reaction score
20k lumpsum start of the year. dca monthly. divident so far 700+ and currently negative $100... as my twa is -2.4%

slapshocked

Reaction score
my stashaway is doing badly now due to kweb, capital around 20k + and now losing around S$1.4. my SRS that i dca weekly $100 also doing badly. i have since stopped dca into stashaway equity since august.

syfe s-reit+ also doing badly so im planning to stop dca into reit and leave my capital there abt $35k and just let it accumulate divident (considering im getting $700 a year)

im planning to invest in endowus...since endowus is the best amongst all platform...

any advice???

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
Too many qns

Sa if u wish, gave it all up

I gave up after close to 3yrs without loss but highly unsatisfied w it!!!!!! Not cos of returns ….

Reits is now time to dca but dont hve to b alot if u r not comfy
Now is the time!!!!!!
stashaway is doing badly now due to kweb, capital around 20k + and now losing around S$1.4. my SRS that i dca weekly $100 also doing badly. i have since stopped dca into stashaway equity since august.

syfe s-reit+ also doing badly so im planning to stop dca into reit and leave my capital there abt $35k and just let it accumulate divident (considering im getting $700 a year)
I have alrdy pm u

Last edited:

Kojo0403

Reaction score
my stashaway is doing badly now due to kweb, capital around 20k + and now losing around S$1.4. my SRS that i dca weekly $100 also doing badly. i have since stopped dca into stashaway equity since august.

im planning to invest in endowus...since endowus is the best amongst all platform...

any advice???
it’s hard to give a call based on 1-2 yr performance.

What happens if Endowus underperform syfe and stashaway over next 3 years? then the same topic will start again and all investors flock to the other side.

The issue is when you invest into a robo advisor, you are entrusting your monies to them. There is no guarantee that their strategy or even methodology won’t change overtime. Neither there is a guarantee that they will outperform a broad base index like S&P500.

But they do need to have a strategy/ pitch and market it as one that is time proven. Again, it’s proven based on past results.

There is why passive investment has grown so fast over last decade and ETFs is now close to $10trillion globally. In fact retail investors make up 40% of ETF market in US.

End of the day it’s a zero sum game between the fund managers. you buy and i sell today, you sell and i buy tomorrow.

It is possible for a fund manager to consistently outperform the market. But it’s hard to know which one and certainly harder if your time horizon is over 30yrs.

Btw i am a client of StashAway and remain as one though they have been under performing major market indices this year. This is because I do agree with their view on inflationary market and their holdings in energy, gold, REIT etc makes sense to me. Their allocation of 20% to KWEB (though i would choose HST if possible) align to what i personally would like to allocate into china tech stocks as well.

https://www.ft.com/content/792e3e98-5848-4a6c-bdff-07bb2cc660f6

Last edited:

slapshocked

Reaction score

What happens if Endowus underperform syfe and stashaway over next 3 years? then the same topic will start again and all investors flock to the other side.

The issue is when you invest into a robo advisor, you are entrusting your monies to them. There is no guarantee that their strategy or even methodology won’t change overtime. Neither there is a guarantee that they will outperform a broad base index like S&P500.

But they do need to have a strategy/ pitch and market it as one that is time proven. Again, it’s proven based on past results.

There is why passive investment has grown so fast over last decade and ETFs is now close to $10trillion globally. In fact retail investors make up 40% of ETF market in US.

End of the day it’s a zero sum game between the fund managers. you buy and i sell today, you sell and i buy tomorrow.

It is possible for a fund manager to consistently outperform the market. But it’s hard to know which one and certainly harder if your time horizon is over 30yrs.

Btw i am a client of StashAway and remain as one though they have been under performing major market indices this year. This is because I do agree with their view on inflationary market and their holdings in energy, gold, REIT etc makes sense to me. Their allocation of 20% to KWEB (though i would choose HST if possible) align to what i personally would like to allocate into china tech stocks as well.

https://www.ft.com/content/792e3e98-5848-4a6c-bdff-07bb2cc660f6
Thank you.

Mind to share what are you strategy now?

Continue dca into stashaway despite the returns?

As i mentioned i am currenly dca my SRS weekly $100 and have stop dca in my stashaway which is left untouch about 20k capital and losing around $1.8k.

Reason is i dont want to catch a falling knife so i rebalance my investment to REITS is SYFE and Syfe Equity 100.

Kojo0403

Reaction score
Thank you.

As i mentioned i am currenly dca my SRS weekly $100 and have stop dca in my stashaway which is left untouch about 20k capital and losing around $1.8k.

Reason is i dont want to catch a falling knife so i rebalance my investment to REITS is SYFE and Syfe Equity 100.
actually my core investment are in ETFs. mixture of US (mainly for growth) and SGX ones (mainly for reits/bonds or some china).

Just allocate a few hundred to stashaway every month. As much as i am aligned with their strategy- not comfortable to have entire portfolio based on their strategy lol.

slapshocked

Reaction score
actually my core investment are in ETFs. mixture of US (mainly for growth) and SGX ones (mainly for reits/bonds or some china).

Just allocate a few hundred to stashaway every month. As much as i am aligned with their strategy- not comfortable to have entire portfolio based on their strategy lol.
what platform do you use for etf investments?

Kojo0403

Reaction score
Thank you.

i feel that your concern is don’t know whether stashaway strategy would work over the long run. in this case you should just buy a passive index fund.
what platform do you use for etf investments?
ifast.. but been tempted to switch to moomoo.
probably will do that soon with all the freebies and low fees.

Just keep ifast for srs and cpfis investmentsx

s0crates

Reaction score

The key difference is that

1. Endowus still largely has an index benchmarking strategy (look at their core/ESG allocation, it's mainly either small cap tilt and geographical/sector agnostic) but stashaway/syfe actively bets on sectors and geographies

2. Stashaway/ Syfe FORCES you to change allocation, while Endowus allows you to reject their proposed changed allocation. You can stick to their current passive approach if you

https://endowus.com/insights/recommended-portfolio-change-service/
Also, don't forget stashaway/Syfe usage of US ETFs and fractionalisation lead to many issues

1. Dividend withholding tax inefficiency Vs ucits
2. FX conversion cost
3. Holding on to cash balance leading to smaller investment amount
4. Lower safety/security of assets as everything is held in one custodian account.

Over the long term, I see Endowus handily beating stashaway/syfe because of these efficiency, albeit small over the short term. Also helps that they have CPF so obviously they are doing something right that got indirect endorsement from government.

Seriously idk why anyone who knows abit with investing would want to use other robos lol.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The key difference is that

1. Endowus still largely has an index benchmarking strategy (look at their core/ESG allocation, it's mainly either small cap tilt and geographical/sector agnostic) but stashaway/syfe actively bets on sectors and geographies

2. Stashaway/ Syfe FORCES you to change allocation, while Endowus allows you to reject their proposed changed allocation. You can stick to their current passive approach if you

https://endowus.com/insights/recommended-portfolio-change-service/
Also, don't forget stashaway/Syfe usage of US ETFs and fractionalisation lead to many issues

1. Dividend withholding tax inefficiency Vs ucits
2. FX conversion cost
3. Holding on to cash balance leading to smaller investment amount
4. Lower safety/security of assets as everything is held in one custodian account.

Over the long term, I see Endowus handily beating stashaway/syfe because of these efficiency, albeit small over the short term. Also helps that they have CPF so obviously they are doing something right that got indirect endorsement from government.

Seriously idk why anyone who knows abit with investing would want to use other robos lol.
Regarding the CPF eligibility for Endowus, that is mainly because they are unit trusts which are SG domiciled. So the eligibility is mainly due to the instruments and not because it is Endowus. You can buy same/similar unit trusts on FSM, Dollardex or Poems and be CPF eligible.

s0crates

Reaction score
it is not bad
endowus has to keep nagging at me to ensure there r cash in it to be deducted for mgt fees
So i rather hold

You can just let them liquidate your investment. No big deal. Somemore they charge quarterly so that's even more efficient to grow your wealth.

Regarding the CPF eligibility for Endowus, that is mainly because they are unit trusts which are SG domiciled. So the eligibility is mainly due to the instruments and not because it is Endowus. You can buy same/similar unit trusts on FSM, Dollardex or Poems and be CPF eligible.

But you cannot invest in smaller denominations afaik ($1000 for a fund, Vs $100 with endowus for a portfolio). Anyway what's stopping other robos from using ucits funds or ETFs?

Kojo0403

Reaction score
personally i see robo as cheaper version of financial advisor and certainly much cheaper than insurance agents.

It’s moving the market in the right direction.

hopefully we will get a stage where individual can have access to and know how to do direct investing into ETFs or index funds in Cash, SRS and CPF.

Eliminate all forms of middle-man fees. 0.40%-0.60% p.a. management/ platform fees seems low but compound over 30yrs it’s sizable losses.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.