TFIP IBF Data Analytics

KOH_XM

Reaction score
Checked all email folder, as of now, nothing.
Fingers crossed and praying hard.

Az_learns_to_tech

Reaction score
Congrats to those who were invited for the interview! Can i check does your application status changed to shortlisted? Mine is still under evaluation. Not sure if this means I'm not rejected yet or they haven't update.

datageek

Reaction score
Congrats to those who were invited for the interview! Can i check does your application status changed to shortlisted? Mine is still under evaluation. Not sure if this means I'm not rejected yet or they haven't update.
so far nothing is confirmed yet. it's just a webinar to share with us some of the interview techniques and tips. still a long way to go.

SneakyMonster

Reaction score
Whats the 15 June program about? Care to share? Those who are shortlisted are the one who applied Data analytics ? oh god..... i wish i get shortlisted as well!

ska8er

Reaction score
Whats the 15 June program about? Care to share? Those who are shortlisted are the one who applied Data analytics ? oh god..... i wish i get shortlisted as well!

Its a webinar sharing session how to excel the interview if got shortlisted.

Meaning said, even though we have passed the assessment, the ball is in the financial institution court to pick the right candidate for their fit. its gonna be a long processed

jipaisiaoliao

Reaction score
hihi friends, for the lucky ones who were shortlisted... care to share which two FIs you guys selected for under preference...?

DetourAhead

Reaction score
ST just released an article that states: "Financial institutions have also offered 1,200 positions through the SGUnited Traineeship Programme and Technology in Finance Immersion Programme this year, the MAS added".

So means their intake size x10 this year?

datageek

Reaction score
I agree with what jgyy1990 just said.

Cannot imagine a size of 50 per cohort per financial institution (FI) all at one shot. The relevant dept will be overwhelmed. Not realistically possible in headcount and huge budget for an 'army' of new recruits.

I think each FI can only take a small size of of less than 10 per cohort in view of 'trying' to convert them to full time position if the trainee meet their expectation and got budget for new headcount.

As much as possible, we do hope each and everyone of us will be given a chance to make it and embark on a new career with the TFIP. cheers and prays.

rockmylife89

Reaction score
Good luck everyone!
I agree with what jgyy1990 just said.

Cannot imagine a size of 50 per cohort per financial institution (FI) all at one shot. The relevant dept will be overwhelmed. Not realistically possible in headcount and huge budget for an 'army' of new recruits.

I think each FI can only take a small size of of less than 10 per cohort in view of 'trying' to convert them to full time position if the trainee meet their expectation and got budget for new headcount.

As much as possible, we do hope each and everyone of us will be given a chance to make it and embark on a new career with the TFIP. cheers and prays.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.straitstimes.com/business/banking/4700-people-get-mas-subsidy-to-upgrade-skills

Read carefully, they claimed to provide 1.2k positions thru the combination of SGUnited and TFIP which are 2 very different entity. SGUnited Traineeship Program is catered for people who recently graduated from 2019 onwards. So unless you are fresh grads, this program do not matter for most of us.

I highly doubt they will offer 1.2k positions for TFIP alone. Imagine paying 1200 people with 5.5k salary for 2 years.

5500sgd * 24months * 1200positions = 158.4 million SGD

forking out over 100 million SGD just to support slightly over 1000 people and their families over 2 years is simply not feasible for the government. Anyway for now TFIP total position for 2020 is estimated to be 140 people. Hopefully they will exceed their claims though.

there are only around 140 training slots for all 5 tracks, so around 20-30 per track only.

https://www.ibf.org.sg/application/AR2020/

2019 only 70 intake across 4 tracks:
The Technology in Finance Immersion Programme (TFIP) was launched in 2019 to prepare 70 mid-career individuals for a career in technology in the financial services sector.

Individuals will acquire technical skills and gain experience through structured training and attachment with leading financial institutions over a period of up to 2 years. The technology areas covered include Cloud Computing, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics and Full Stack Development.

2020 they doubled it to 140:
In 2020, a 2nd intake of TFIP has just been launched, with 13 financial institutions offering up to 140 training places across the five technology areas, with Artificial Intelligence as a new area.

datageek

Reaction score
If you look at the table (columns = 'Technology Areas', rows='Financial Institutions') on the TFIP IBF page, there are 35 ticks in it.

If you divide 140 training slots by 35, it will be an average of 4 training slots per track per FI.

Let's hope IBF and the FIs can increase more training slots on their ends so that more can get into the TFIP programme.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Increasing training slots for 2020 I find that difficult to achieve. Based on this thread, it seems that not a lot of people got notified of their technical assessment results, it may be that too many people are lurking or not aware of this thread. And up till now we have only been accessed by IBF and the training provider, the financial institute have yet to even review our CV.

But on a bright side, there are incentive for the hiring manager to take us for 2 years if they deem us suitable for the job cause first all of we are not within the company headcount, secondly our salary are mostly paid by the government. None of the COVID budget talks by the government will help to cover 2 years worth of wages.

increasing training slots is very simple

just cut the allowance by half :s13: then you already can double the training slots.

when i heard the allowance for 5.5k per month I was surprised, so much, even if it does not have cpf contribution.. and yet still got ppl complain is too little :s22:

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
applied but no news so far, how u guys check the status? got platform to check?

sollll

Reaction score
If you cut training allowance by half, many people will complain and they will take the job less seriously. This is a 2 year commitment program plus there is no bonus at all.

To me 5.5k is indeed a lot of money even without any CPF contribution at all. Some people are complaining cause they are currently holding a position with much higher salary.

Anyway I only hope that for next week webinar, they will provide us with a clearer timetable on what to expect. The waiting time is too long for me.

There should be a personality test for the FI to filter the remaining applicants before the interview. It will be quite a long wait.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you cut training allowance by half, many people will complain and they will take the job less seriously. This is a 2 year commitment program plus there is no bonus at all.

To me 5.5k is indeed a lot of money even without any CPF contribution at all. Some people are complaining cause they are currently holding a position with much higher salary.

Anyway I only hope that for next week webinar, they will provide us with a clearer timetable on what to expect. The waiting time is too long for me.

even if based on last year, interviews all conducted only by end of july. some still interviewing in august.
then offer letter by ibf and have to accept by end august

then start training in early oct (just nice 1 month notice for those who accept by end august and still have a job)

so now with covid will probably be longer by a bit.

DetourAhead

Reaction score
The good news is, it seems a lot of the FIs are offering more tracks due to the positive reviews and 3 more institutes are stepping up as well.

Taking an average of 4 per track previously calculated, I'd say we're looking at an estimated 184 slots?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.