The Contact Lenses Thread

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
Im only 30 this Yr so it's quite impossible that it's due to Lao hua. No issue when wearing specs... Only with the contact lens that was prescribed

No idea if the person testing my eyes is a certified optometrists

My degree she tested was

Right eye : 525 degree, astig 1.75 (axis 160)
Left eye: 375degree, astig 1.75 (axis 160)

She did not reduce the contact lens degree. Its based on the power she tested using the specs

yes quite impossible.
From what i see, the power should be reduced.
Reason why near is blur is highly likely due to the contact lens being overpowered. I suggest you have it checked elsewhere and then return any unopened boxes, if any, at the same shop to change.
 

blurpandasg2014

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2014
Messages
2,677
Reaction score
415
yes quite impossible.
From what i see, the power should be reduced.
Reason why near is blur is highly likely due to the contact lens being overpowered. I suggest you have it checked elsewhere and then return any unopened boxes, if any, at the same shop to change.
You are right. I went back to the shop and asked for retest. When she reduced the degree, my vision became sharper

My current spec degree is 600 (R) and 450 (L)... However contact lens one is 425 (R) and 325 (L)

Isit possible that the degree is so markedly different as most sources online claim a minor correction of 25-50degrees
 

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
You are right. I went back to the shop and asked for retest. When she reduced the degree, my vision became sharper

My current spec degree is 600 (R) and 450 (L)... However contact lens one is 425 (R) and 325 (L)

Isit possible that the degree is so markedly different as most sources online claim a minor correction of 25-50degrees


Based on the info here, shouldn't be THAT much of a difference. However, everyone is different and that is why testing is needed for everyone. i can't say more as i am not the one testing it for you but if it works for you then all is good :)
 

sesame246

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2010
Messages
502
Reaction score
18
Lensmart singapore?

hi,
anyone bought from lensmart singapore recently?

i used to buy from contactlens.sg till they 'close down".

contactsdaily is good but expensive.
 

Sexybeast

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Agree that contactsdaily is expensive...now i get my supplies from worldoflens.com or i buy coupons

Been a wearer of 1 day moist since my last red eye from bad hygiene of my monthly lenses my optician tell me... anyone tried 1 day oasys before?
 

havealaughclown

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2019
Messages
961
Reaction score
4
Who has tried this ah - FreshLook Colorblend?

I heard that the FreshLook Colorblends are designed to enhance your natural eye colour and come in 12 shades waaahhh!
 

silcosilva

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2007
Messages
13,363
Reaction score
6
I am wearing astig lens, most shops dont carry stocks so cannot purchase on the spot.

Me too, I have astig for one eye and the power is high, very high, have to wait some time for the supply to come in then I can collect... :s12:
 

silcosilva

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2007
Messages
13,363
Reaction score
6
Check with you all. For daily disposable contact lenses what is the best price I can get in physical store in Singapore? Degree is around 600 each side, astig low so can ignore. Thanks

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

I always see banners for Acuvue the normal dailies type called Moist if I'm not wrong, it's like one box is $56 but if buy 4 boxes can save quite a lot... And now got the app, can save even more I believe...
 

thegardens3b

Master Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
3,801
Reaction score
18
I am wearing astig lens, most shops dont carry stocks so cannot purchase on the spot.

yes. makes no sense as there are so many combinations to take note of and hence too many to store.
even the brand themselves sometimes dont have many in their warehouse as it is not so common.

Me too, I have astig for one eye and the power is high, very high, have to wait some time for the supply to come in then I can collect... :s12:

that is correct haha/ but if there i stock usually 1/2 working days can receive already.

I always see banners for Acuvue the normal dailies type called Moist if I'm not wrong, it's like one box is $56 but if buy 4 boxes can save quite a lot... And now got the app, can save even more I believe...

Yup.. the points redemption in the app itself can amount to quite alot..
 

sp0inK

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
1,262
Reaction score
33
contactlens.sg is confirm close shop alr?

any other good sites online to recommend?
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
oFaeNkHl.jpg



I paid S$200 for 14 pairs after much negotiating. I told the optician ignore my astig since I have been wearing contact lenses without astig for years and can tahan. Out of curiosity I asked the pricing with astigmatism (toric), he quoted me double. I was wearing biomedic 55 evolution previously, which I think u bought $130 (can't remember exact) for 14 pairs
Please tell me I wasn't chopped carrot head... :(

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
 
Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Messages
4,891
Reaction score
181
Based on RRP,
1 box=6pieces=62 dollars.
So 14 pairs=28pieces=200 dollars.

You zhuan Dao slightly but not exactly a fab deal.

Didnt know people just sell the loose pieces lenses. (Not supposed to be allowed, in spore)


oFaeNkHl.jpg



I paid S$200 for 14 pairs after much negotiating. I told the optician ignore my astig since I have been wearing contact lenses without astig for years and can tahan. Out of curiosity I asked the pricing with astigmatism (toric), he quoted me double. I was wearing biomedic 55 evolution previously, which I think u bought $130 (can't remember exact) for 14 pairs
Please tell me I wasn't chopped carrot head... :(

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top