The Contact Lenses Thread

Dbeastmonster

Reaction score
is there disposable contact lens for high degree?

such as SPH -7.0 to -12.50
with CYL -2.50
165-180 axis.

I tried B&L some time ago, it felt terrible, hardly get a clear image probably the fitting is way off because once a blue moon can see clear lol.

Noticed acuvue up to -9.0D and -2.25D.

Wearing specs most of the time, but wanna use contacts for sports and occasionally 2times/week type. long long time ago i have permanent lens, that one seems to fit okay but i don't intend to wear regularly so thinking about disposable.

warhunter

Reaction score

with CYL -2.50
165-180 axis.

I tried B&L some time ago, it felt terrible, hardly get a clear image probably the fitting is way off because once a blue moon can see clear lol.

Wearing specs most of the time, but wanna use contacts for sports and occasionally 2times/week type. long long time ago i have permanent lens, that one seems to fit okay but i don't intend to wear regularly so thinking about disposable.

Bro fitting and clarity got nothing to do with each other. Fitting is the size like t shirts S M L XL XXL. Clarity is the power. Get an optometrist to fit it for you. Diff lens got diff size. Size determine the comfort and the suitability. clarity depends on the power. And correct conversion from the spectacle power

Dbeastmonster

Reaction score
Bro fitting and clarity got nothing to do with each other. Fitting is the size like t shirts S M L XL XXL. Clarity is the power. Get an optometrist to fit it for you. Diff lens got diff size. Size determine the comfort and the suitability. clarity depends on the power. And correct conversion from the spectacle power

Thank you for reply.

but since the brands all seems to have certain limit range, for high degree people can be difficult to find options that meets the clarity itself...degree and astig? those stats i mentioned earlier are specs one... but i heard contacts can wear lower a bit maybe 50-100 degree.

does 1 brand have diff sizing? or different brands have diff sizing so have to pick by brand? last time bought really waste $, seldom wear that since vision so poor and uncomfortable even though the clarity suppose to be quite close to my vision.

do you have places to recommend?

Last edited:

warhunter

Reaction score
Thank you for reply.

but since the brands all seems to have certain limit range, for high degree people can be difficult to find options that meets the clarity itself...degree and astig? those stats i mentioned earlier are specs one... but i heard contacts can wear lower a bit maybe 50-100 degree.

does 1 brand have diff sizing? or different brands have diff sizing so have to pick by brand? last time bought really waste $, seldom wear that since vision so poor and uncomfortable even though the clarity suppose to be quite close to my vision.

do you have places to recommend?

Lol I said many times inthis thread already. Just find an optometrist tell him your problems like many diff lens don't fit you. Tell the brands you already tried. Some brands have 2 diff sizes and he/she will have to try the diff size on you to see which one fits through a "microscope". Yours kind of limited cos of the high power. There is no such thing as wear lower. Its the conversion of the lens power on the spectacle to the contact lenses. This is due to the distance the specs is from the eye >0 compared to contact lenses which is effectively 0 distance. The effective power at the different distance is the reason why its reduced. Contact lens is a medical device not anyhow suka suka wear anything one. Ask for a fitting. Of cos it won't be free for some places. Cos this is definitely time consuming. In Australia they charge 120 for the consult. In Singapore they don't. Cos Singaporeans like to hiam. Then cannot fit and uncomfortable blame the optom and the lens no good. Haiz. That's why I'm sick of Singapore

Elnin0

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

with CYL -2.50
165-180 axis.

Since you said you just need it for sports, get the max. might be okay..?
e.g. astig 2.25. (which is just a tier lower)
however, you need SPH -12.50?

Try out the max one.. see if it is okay or not.

PeiJun

Reaction score
Pricing

I just bought 4 boxes of freshlook coloured dailies contact lens for $84. Is it considered expensive?

warhunter

Reaction score
Since you said you just need it for sports, get the max. might be okay..?
e.g. astig 2.25. (which is just a tier lower)
however, you need SPH -12.50?

Try out the max one.. see if it is okay or not.

dont luan luan try la. just ask the optom find for you. later luan luan try cannot again u more sian. most likely for u arh. get hard lens best. can see clearer. healthier also

warhunter

Reaction score
I just bought 4 boxes of freshlook coloured dailies contact lens for $84. Is it considered expensive?

LOL singapore nth is expensive one (other than house and car). you already not paying consultation fee. so why wory? :s13::s12:

Mystech13

Reaction score
I would like to praise the students and supervisors at Ngee Ann Polytechnic Optometry Centre for their unbridled passion and professionalism.

I scheduled my first appointment on Tuesday 28th May via their website(Google) . Their staff confirmed my appointment via a phone call on Monday. When I reached there on Tuesday morning, I completed my registration and payment at the registration counter. I was promptly guided into a consultation room.

The trainee asked me for my
- purpose of visit(fit contact lenses, check for eye power)
- eye care routine(do I engage in any sports such as running or swimming; how often do I wear the contact lenses; do I use the computer often)
- family history(high blood pressure, diabetes, cataracts, glaucoma)
* motivation for fitting contact lenses again after I stopped for one year(for work, convenience)

Then the procedure commenced. A basic check for eye power, followed by check of the condition of the pupil and eyelids. Eventually, they found out that I'm suffering from astigmatism which wasn't detected by all the opticians that I've consulted so far:eek:. I was told to schedule my appointment for contact lens fitting the next day(Today).

I went there and a different trainee took charge of the contact lens fitting. She did the same procedure to verify the condition of my pupil, eye power. She asked me if I want to wear monthly, bi-weekly or dailies based on my habits. I opted for monthly contacts. The opthamologist suggested that I don't need to wear a contact lens for my astigmatism which is relatively low, and I agreed since my problem is I cannot make out the handwriting on a white board during lectures when I'm seating at the back.

I tried AirOptix(tight) before going for lunch. I returned to try Biofinity(feels good, but deemed a little tight on my left eye and a little loose on my right eye), B&L soflens 38(Near perfection:s13:, but they don't have the power for my eye. I just wear them and give my opinions) and Acuvue Oasys which is a bi-weekly lens because they have run out of the monthly Acuvue Clear. This pair is deemed to be tight and the opthamologist concluded that I should get B&L soflens 38. I'm now waiting for the delivery of my contact lens according to my prescription.

I would like to wish all the staff at Ngee Ann Polytechnic Optometry Centre a cheerful and lovely day. Keep smiling!!:D

Sounds good. too bad I not free on sats. maybe when my schedule lessens. think now go try optictian. 1st time. anyone has any experience with the optical shop at TPY, beside the kfc?

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, Anyone buying from clear4vision before? A HK based online store for contacts. Seems to be the cheaper ones around. Please share your buying experience with them.

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey anyone know if the 1 day acuvue moist is good.

I have keratoconus so my left side the astig is very high but I am not sure of the angle cyl.

I underwent an operation for it on 7th july 2009 as part of a study under Singapore National Eye Research Institute at Singapore National Eye Centre.

Sunday would be exactly 4 years since I underwent the operation.

Can I ask the eyecare practitioner to write down my perscription? Do i have the rights to do so as a consumer if I buy the 1 day acuvue moist lenses from them?

Scarlet Tea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im using GEO lens XCK 105 with a diameter of 14.8mm which cost $24.90

just recently i went to platinum mall in bkk and bought a brown contact lens with a diameter of 14.5mm but apparently it is bigger than my 14.8mm GEO lens and it only cost 200 baht.

TheOptometryPractice

Reaction score
hey anyone know if the 1 day acuvue moist is good.

I have keratoconus so my left side the astig is very high but I am not sure of the angle cyl.

I underwent an operation for it on 7th july 2009 as part of a study under Singapore National Eye Research Institute at Singapore National Eye Centre.

Sunday would be exactly 4 years since I underwent the operation.

Can I ask the eyecare practitioner to write down my perscription? Do i have the rights to do so as a consumer if I buy the 1 day acuvue moist lenses from them?

When you make the purchase of the lenses from them, your prescription will be on the side of the contact lens box. :)

If you ask them, they will definitely tell you also after the eye test.

warhunter

Reaction score
im using GEO lens XCK 105 with a diameter of 14.8mm which cost $24.90

just recently i went to platinum mall in bkk and bought a brown contact lens with a diameter of 14.5mm but apparently it is bigger than my 14.8mm GEO lens and it only cost 200 baht.

better not wear these lenses for too long a day. will cause potential problems in the future. your eye will not get enough oxygen. also have at least a day break in a week. free from contact lenses. give your eyes a break. any pain, redness, itching stop wear immediately and consult your optometrist. Please rub your lenses when you wash them. at least half a minute on each side. these lenses trap loads of crap on them.

warhunter

Reaction score
Anyone bought from The Optometry Practice - Buy Authentic Contact Lens At Great Prices in Singapore?

They are having a 15% new launch promotion. Tempted to try :s8:

check out their about us. theres something fishing about this site. Optometrists dont do lasik. he must be a layman trying to make his website look more "trustable" by putting all the technical terms and professional accreditation. if he has real licenses in malaysia and UK he would have already uploaded it. words dont prove things. Pictures do. Unless they're Pshopped of course.

squinter

Reaction score
Having trouble finding anyone with experience of fitting and dispensing Multifocal Toric contact lenses in Singapore.

Any suggestions?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.