The Galaxy Note 8 (2017 edition)

WhiteAnt

Banned
Joined
Jul 24, 2013
Messages
42,129
Reaction score
2,436
At the back is one thing, but beside the camera is another thing. And they still want to put it further from the camera, means it will really skew over much more to one side than now

Sent from Tablet using GAGT

not sure how they wanna put it, but it's definitely not cool at the back no matter how well they make it :crazy: the case is going to have another big hole just for the fingerprint sensor, so ugly :(

wow 1.5k , i rather buy iphone lol

not worth it to get a samsung for that kind of pricing.

imagine u buy 1.5k used a few months drop value to 900+

iphone 1.5k used for few mths still can fetch at least 1.1k-1.2k

seems like samsung wanna chop carrot for their n7 losses :s8:

perhaps this S8+ shall be my last samsung phone if they are gonna raise prices to more than 1.2k

ya i agree to pay for high price for android may as well go for iphone... it has always been known to be budget friendly to wallet for androids, even google nexus range but now.... all looking at how to suck consumers money with that little bit of improvement over their phones is a joke :(

frankly, i am very satisfied with the camera of s7e. if they make it better s9, then great. don't really feel a big need to change phone le :o can use this for 2years without any temptation to change phone
 

tkl23786

Master Member
Joined
May 11, 2015
Messages
3,279
Reaction score
158
I will get Note 8 even if it costs $2000.....
:o

Just to clarify, I only change phone every 2 years, ie when my mobile plan expires and it's time to re-contract.... and I will hand over my old phone to my Mum to use....

Judging by the suggested retail price of S$1550 for the Note 8, I am predicting the price of Note 8 for mobile plans subscription to be around $850 for the cheapest Telco plan
 

fortunecat

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
84,186
Reaction score
13,321
Just to clarify, I only change phone every 2 years, ie when my mobile plan expires and it's time to re-contract.... and I will hand over my old phone to my Mum to use....

Judging by the suggested retail price of S$1550 for the Note 8, I am predicting the price of Note 8 for mobile plans subscription to be around $850 for the cheapest Telco plan
Spen, dual cam and 2gb more ram for $250 more compared to S8+. Hmm

Sent from Tablet using GAGT
 

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
23,222
Reaction score
10,191
not sure how they wanna put it, but it's definitely not cool at the back no matter how well they make it :crazy: the case is going to have another big hole just for the fingerprint sensor, so ugly :(



ya i agree to pay for high price for android may as well go for iphone... it has always been known to be budget friendly to wallet for androids, even google nexus range but now.... all looking at how to suck consumers money with that little bit of improvement over their phones is a joke :(

frankly, i am very satisfied with the camera of s7e. if they make it better s9, then great. don't really feel a big need to change phone le :o can use this for 2years without any temptation to change phone

yes actually s7e is good enuff. but i always like to buy new toys :D

now waiting for local coral blue for s8+ then change liao :D
 

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
23,222
Reaction score
10,191
I will get Note 8 even if it costs $2000.....
:o

it's not about whether we can afford or not, is whether the phone itself is worth 2k or not ley

no point letting samsung chop us for a piece of similar spec flagship model.

lets say....if note 8 has the same specs as S8+ and only added SPen feature.

would you still buy at 2000 where S8+ is currently at 1000 ?

edited :
if you are getting it with contract of cos u may go ahead la...i am talking about 3rd party retailers where u pay full cash.
 
Last edited:

tkl23786

Master Member
Joined
May 11, 2015
Messages
3,279
Reaction score
158
it's not about whether we can afford or not, is whether the phone itself is worth 2k or not ley

no point letting samsung chop us for a piece of similar spec flagship model.

lets say....if note 8 has the same specs as S8+ and only added SPen feature.

would you still buy at 2000 where S8+ is currently at 1000 ?

edited :
if you are getting it with contract of cos u may go ahead la...i am talking about 3rd party retailers where u pay full cash.

All Note series are almost similar spec (maybe with a few extra features) to the corresponding S series of the same year..... and Note series have always been couple hundreds more than the S series...

I think since the Note 8 is rumored to be 6GB RAM, then maybe a fairer comparison will be to compare to the 6GB RAM version of the S8+, which I think is around the S$1600 range (based on the retail price of the 6GB RAM S8+ in India which is Rs. 74,900)
 

fortunecat

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2005
Messages
84,186
Reaction score
13,321
All Note series are almost similar spec (maybe with a few extra features) to the corresponding S series of the same year..... and Note series have always been couple hundreds more than the S series...

I think since the Note 8 is rumored to be 6GB RAM, then maybe a fairer comparison will be to compare to the 6GB RAM version of the S8+, which I think is around the S$1600 range (based on the retail price of the 6GB RAM S8+ in India which is Rs. 74,900)
$300 more for another 2GB ram really is chop until gao gao, if true for the S8+

Sent from Tablet using GAGT
 

BraveCloudy

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
2,991
Reaction score
0
I don't really care how expensive is Note8, I will still get it.
Not say I have the cash to spend but if I don't have Note8, I will miss out my Note series collection.

Currently have Note 1 - 5, Note 7 and Note Edge, so without this Note8, my collection will be incomplete.

If you ask me if I have the tablets one too, yes I do have (Note 10.1, Note 10.1 2014 Edition, Note 12.2, Note 8.0)

What Note series you name it, I also have.
 

tkl23786

Master Member
Joined
May 11, 2015
Messages
3,279
Reaction score
158
I don't really care how expensive is Note8, I will still get it.
Not say I have the cash to spend but if I don't have Note8, I will miss out my Note series collection.

Currently have Note 1 - 5, Note 7 and Note Edge, so without this Note8, my collection will be incomplete.

If you ask me if I have the tablets one too, yes I do have (Note 10.1, Note 10.1 2014 Edition, Note 12.2, Note 8.0)

What Note series you name it, I also have.

Samsung Note fanboy spotted
 

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
39
Jumping ship to Mi Max. The performance wise isn't there.
But really long lasting battery life with acceptable screen quality is nice.
Best is the price. Drop, crack, spoilt also not so heart pain.
 

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
61,731
Reaction score
3,578
Samsung Mobile very ex hor. Got other replacement brand? Beside apple.
 

Heriophant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
12,087
Reaction score
8,598
Jumping ship to Mi Max. The performance wise isn't there.
But really long lasting battery life with acceptable screen quality is nice.
Best is the price. Drop, crack, spoilt also not so heart pain.

Agreed. 19hrs screen on time. Cant beat that
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top