The Official Xperia S thread

hafeezur

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Service center closure

Dear all,

I got the XS from a fellow who did not mention anything about the yellow tint issue, last Sunday (6 days ago). I have to hope he did not know about it, when he sold it.

Anyway, I took the phone without much checking, on faith, and of course knowing there is quite a bit of warranty left. But, if I has known I would need to bring in for warranty in one day, I would not have taken it.

I then noticed the yellow tint the very next day. I don't think the phone was very warm then.

That same day I landed at the Sony collection center, Wisma Atria. The girl there mentioned 7 to 14 days waiting time. I did not see what I could do about it, and left the phone there.

Now, after reading this thread, and also checking the Facebook page, I realize that the Bishan SC is closed for renovation, perhaps until 20th June!! Really!! I wish the girl at Wisma Atria had mentioned this, and I could have delayed the drop until later. The phone is very much useable even with the tint.

Anyway, I am planning on going to the collection center now to see if they are still holding the phone, and see if I can get it back.

Any advice for me? :)

Thanks much.
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
Dear all,

I got the XS from a fellow who did not mention anything about the yellow tint issue, last Sunday (6 days ago). I have to hope he did not know about it, when he sold it.

Anyway, I took the phone without much checking, on faith, and of course knowing there is quite a bit of warranty left. But, if I has known I would need to bring in for warranty in one day, I would not have taken it.

I then noticed the yellow tint the very next day. I don't think the phone was very warm then.

That same day I landed at the Sony collection center, Wisma Atria. The girl there mentioned 7 to 14 days waiting time. I did not see what I could do about it, and left the phone there.

Now, after reading this thread, and also checking the Facebook page, I realize that the Bishan SC is closed for renovation, perhaps until 20th June!! Really!! I wish the girl at Wisma Atria had mentioned this, and I could have delayed the drop until later. The phone is very much useable even with the tint.

Anyway, I am planning on going to the collection center now to see if they are still holding the phone, and see if I can get it back.

Any advice for me? :)

Thanks much.
You can try but I don't think it is possible.
 

hush66

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2001
Messages
6,703
Reaction score
0
A new Gingerbread update seems to have been released to countries like Taiwan, France and Hong Kong. The firmware has been updated to 6.0.A.3.75 or .76. Not sure if this will be released in Singapore.

Some have reported more responsive touch buttons. Nothing else has been reported.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,330
Reaction score
6,592
Dear all,

I got the XS from a fellow who did not mention anything about the yellow tint issue, last Sunday (6 days ago). I have to hope he did not know about it, when he sold it.

Anyway, I took the phone without much checking, on faith, and of course knowing there is quite a bit of warranty left. But, if I has known I would need to bring in for warranty in one day, I would not have taken it.

I then noticed the yellow tint the very next day. I don't think the phone was very warm then.

That same day I landed at the Sony collection center, Wisma Atria. The girl there mentioned 7 to 14 days waiting time. I did not see what I could do about it, and left the phone there.

Now, after reading this thread, and also checking the Facebook page, I realize that the Bishan SC is closed for renovation, perhaps until 20th June!! Really!! I wish the girl at Wisma Atria had mentioned this, and I could have delayed the drop until later. The phone is very much useable even with the tint.

Anyway, I am planning on going to the collection center now to see if they are still holding the phone, and see if I can get it back.

Any advice for me? :)

Thanks much.

U are still able to collect at other center for the time being.
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
A new Gingerbread update seems to have been released to countries like Taiwan, France and Hong Kong. The firmware has been updated to 6.0.A.3.75 or .76. Not sure if this will be released in Singapore.

Some have reported more responsive touch buttons. Nothing else has been reported.
I think most people will be waiting for ics rather than gingerbread lor.
 

hafeezur

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Dear all,

I got the XS from a fellow who did not mention anything about the yellow tint issue, last Sunday (6 days ago). I have to hope he did not know about it, when he sold it.

Anyway, I took the phone without much checking, on faith, and of course knowing there is quite a bit of warranty left. But, if I has known I would need to bring in for warranty in one day, I would not have taken it.

I then noticed the yellow tint the very next day. I don't think the phone was very warm then.

That same day I landed at the Sony collection center, Wisma Atria. The girl there mentioned 7 to 14 days waiting time. I did not see what I could do about it, and left the phone there.

Now, after reading this thread, and also checking the Facebook page, I realize that the Bishan SC is closed for renovation, perhaps until 20th June!! Really!! I wish the girl at Wisma Atria had mentioned this, and I could have delayed the drop until later. The phone is very much useable even with the tint.

Anyway, I am planning on going to the collection center now to see if they are still holding the phone, and see if I can get it back.

Any advice for me? :)

Thanks much.
I went over to Sony center Wisma Atria. The same girl was there, and I told her I found out about the SC closure. She said yes, but the phone was sent to a different service center. She mentioned some specific center, but I was so relieved that the phone was still being serviced that I did not focus on the name.

I requested her to check my phone status, and it turned out to be 'Not Ready'. I also got the web link & phone number by which I can check status myself, and I came back.
 

hafeezur

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Job status

Dear all,

I went to the service center website (given below) and keyed in my details (tried phone number, IMEI, NRIC), and for all, "No Job found. Please try again." !!!??? I basically expected to see "Not ready", implying the job has been received and will be handled.

Any idea what this could mean?

http://jobstatus.wealthpoint.com.sg/job_status.aspx

Thanks.
 
Last edited:

abcdos

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2002
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
there should be a JOB id printed on your receipt provided when hand in phone, try entering just that.
 

hafeezur

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
there should be a JOB id printed on your receipt provided when hand in phone, try entering just that.
Thanks. I am looking all over the tax invoice, and I cannot seem to find the Job No. The random looking numbers, as I imagine a Job No would be like, I can find are;
1. Invoice No.
2. Some number beside my contact number, but it doesn't look like the Job No. The website shows a Job No like "SEJ8-J12". Do Job Nos start with these letters?
3. Remarks shows "ICP XS"
4. Salesman Code

I tried all these numbers and the same No Job Found msg.

Now, I am contemplating going back to enquire about this, probably with a manager level person. Sigh!
 

hafeezur

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
You can call them to ask... you dun really need to go down...
Yes that would be good. I tried calling Sony Care hotline and it is available only on weekdays, not today.

Anybody know the number to Sony Center Wisma Atria collection booth (the one in the corner), please?

Thanks.
 

2ji8888

Junior Member
Joined
May 24, 2012
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
will it really take that long to fix the yellow tint problem even if Bishan SC opens? im experiencing the same problem, i dont have anyother phone besides my SXS and i use this for work lah.
 

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2002
Messages
14,172
Reaction score
1,239
For my case, it took 4 days (excluding Sat and Sun).

They told me 1-2 weeks though. :s22:
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,330
Reaction score
6,592
Anyone had any complains about the replacement screen???

Mine works wonderfully. No more yellowish as compare to the previous one and no more yellow patches.
 

Igene

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2002
Messages
14,172
Reaction score
1,239
Mine works perfectly so far. Last time loading FB the time at the bottom part damn obvious sia. Now cannot notice any yellow patch liao.

The best part, last time I had little paint peeled off at the right bottom corner of the phone (very minor) and they replaced it for me with no question asked :D. They returned that on the servicing form as well when I sent in. And the report saying that bottom part of the phone got replaced :s12:
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Mine works perfectly so far. Last time loading FB the time at the bottom part damn obvious sia. Now cannot notice any yellow patch liao.

The best part, last time I had little paint peeled off at the right bottom corner of the phone (very minor) and they replaced it for me with no question asked :D. They returned that on the servicing form as well when I sent in. And the report saying that bottom part of the phone got replaced :s12:

Yes, you are right. The whole LCD and bottom part are replaced together, only the two Micro USB and HDMI flip and battery cover not replaced only.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top