The Official Xperia S thread

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
Guess I'm the slowest, but still would like to contribute my field report~

Went to the cellphone section, walked 1 round, couldn't see any traces of it. So walked around the whole hall.

Still nothing.

So, I went back to the cellphone section, grabbed the nearest staff and asked him, "I heard there is a demo set of the Xperia S"

So he went to this ok-looking chick, and she pulled out her phone from that pouch you guys are ogling at (yeah, it's better-looking than that ugly Mont Blanc puches you guys have always liked) and let me play with it.

As it was her phone, I didn't go too in-depth to explore the phone cos worried might stumble across her personal stuff, so i did the normal tests:

- UXP is, as usual, great, and it is more fluid than her predecessors, and I hope it will maintain it that way after I install loads of apps.

- screen imaging and fonts were crisp and clear. i don't really have the chance to stare at an iPhone screen much, so can't compare though I have an impression that the iPhone screen colors and resolution are rich, but for Nozomi, it is very pleasing in the eye.

- the 'buttons', though, are a wee bit hard to activate. Especially the third one... I had to awkwardly type it many times in order to bring up the menu =(

- no signs of lag when I activated the widgets, which is a good thing. I might abandon my Beautiful Widget since the inhouse weather widget looks nice as well. Having a HTC look-alike widget has no sense of identity at all...

- build is, as everybody says, solid. To be honest, holding on to Nozomi feels like holding Rachael all over again, bit somehow this is more pleasing to the touch, probably due to the lack of silver-coated linings at the sides this time. Whereas Rachael had a vertical curved back, I think Nozomi's back is curved at both orientations. Definitely rests well on our palms.

- surface, yup, same as Rachael's, a rubberized feel. So for black sets you'll see obvious embarrassing sweat marks if you have sweaty palms. Haha. But no biggie.

- I know that it is technically heavier than arc, but don't let the numbers scare you. An increase in a couple of grams don't really feel much of a difference.

---------------------------------------------------------

And of course, I did an Q&A to tekan the guy for news:

Q: *Points at the dummy white set* Why so dirty? I thought rumors say it cannot be stained??
A: The dummy set no (nano) coating that is why it is dirty

Q: When is this gonna lauch?
A: *raises 2 fingers* In 2 weeks' time, at the PC Show.
Q: You confirm? Very confirm? Cos X10 and Arc couldn't make it to the PC Shows previously
A: Yup, very sure

Q: You won't happen to know how much this'll cost, do you?
A: Nope, I don't.

以上

P.S. Pker, I am aiming for the white one, but I guess that'll have to wait till I see a real set before deciding. Hopefully there is an actual demonstration on the anti-stain feature.
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
good and staffs say it show 8 march will release but no idea if Telecom will release it

Normally concept stores get first priority, and the telcos get them later. But well, it already is a miracle that Nozomi is launching way earlier than expected, so why not hope for another miracle as well? ;)
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
agreed on the so called anti stain as in jp I gotbthe live white set it still got stain too
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
Normally concept stores get first priority, and the telcos get them later. But well, it already is a miracle that Nozomi is launching way earlier than expected, so why not hope for another miracle as well? ;)

ya hope so
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
Nozomi happens to mean 'hope'. :D

hahha if only Sony give us it
ESP this local set of xperia. s
got the word Sony as iit branding
it lllka more shiok

having Sony phone again
I used to own the Sony cdma m1 phone and it sound quaality
is shiok
 

xerome

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
611
Reaction score
25
Went there and tried the phone too. Notice the camera button really soft on the 1st half press~ kinda hard to feel the half press sometimes.. Hope its only her set XD

Other then that, phone looks slimmer in person than on videos surprisingly lol

Too bad only have a black model to play with. Would like to see the white one too :(
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
Went there and tried the phone too. Notice the camera button really soft on the 1st half press~ kinda hard to feel the half press sometimes.. Hope its only her set XD

Other then that, phone looks slimmer in person than on videos surprisingly lol

Too bad only have a black model to play with. Would like to see the white one too :(

I think that the black model look more sexy leh. White like dont suit sony.
 

xerome

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
611
Reaction score
25
I think that the black model look more sexy leh. White like dont suit sony.

To me black very common, very normal. The white Xs at least got like a 2 tone thing on the phone with the bezel being black and a small white border surrounding it. Just own my personal preference XD

Though the sad part is that white easily get yellowish.. and the anti-stain oso dunno got apply to the rest of the phone other then the back cover...
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
To me black very common, very normal. The white Xs at least got like a 2 tone thing on the phone with the bezel being black and a small white border surrounding it. Just own my personal preference XD

Though the sad part is that white easily get yellowish.. and the anti-stain oso dunno got apply to the rest of the phone other then the back cover...
Yeah. Black is quite common. But white is also very common now. Lots of people are using white iphone, white galaxy s2 and note.
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
To me black very common, very normal. The white Xs at least got like a 2 tone thing on the phone with the bezel being black and a small white border surrounding it. Just own my personal preference XD

Though the sad part is that white easily get yellowish.. and the anti-stain oso dunno got apply to the rest of the phone other then the back cover...

Take a ball-point pen and ask them, "Can I try?" Muahahaha
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
I think that the black model look more sexy leh. White like dont suit sony.

what scared now if the anti stain works
is kanna scatcdd then itbwill leave a deep mark
as it a layer of coating over the back cover so must be very careful
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
what scared now if the anti stain works
is kanna scatcdd then itbwill leave a deep mark
as it a layer of coating over the back cover so must be very careful

So the white one will not look ugly when kana scratch?
 

xerome

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
611
Reaction score
25
Yeah. Black is quite common. But white is also very common now. Lots of people are using white iphone, white galaxy s2 and note.

Gahh, Sony needs more colour variants!! XD

Think a crimson Xs would look damn sweeet~:s12:
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Reception issue. Cannot call, cannot message, cannot online.

Don't blame the phone. 99.9% is telecom issue. :D
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
Reception issue. Cannot call, cannot message, cannot online.

Don't blame the phone. 99.9% is telecom issue. :D

宇宙…キタアア~!!!

Sorry couldn't help it when I see Fourze... +_+

Yup it's telcos' inabilities, as proven by pker's recent Japan trip which he had way faster data connections over there compared to here's. Lol.

So guys, don't always complain your phone or tablets for being slow whenever you need to connect online. Most of the time it's not even your devices' fault.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top