The Official Xperia S thread

timberland

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2006
Messages
14,409
Reaction score
29
Mod, pls close this thread.

too many ppl are aware of this awesome phone

that they are dumping their apples and berries to get hold of this

:(:vijay::vijay::vijay::(
 

Mugen

Master Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2000
Messages
3,461
Reaction score
4
Ok, I just joined the club too :D so now, where can I find a case for it?
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
Ok... My 3rd night with Nozomi... I have to say, I am pretty impressed by her energy durability, as compared to Rachael and Arc.

I left my office at 7+ just now, with her fully-charged. She had msn on, gps activated, tethering on for my tablet's connection, and now, at 21 52hrs,the juice is not even 50% yet.

And oh, yah... I have been using the resident live wallpaper throughout.

Mind you along the way I used her to surf Timescape for a bit, tablet sucking her while I was surfing the net and youtubing.

Even when I reached the Convention Center, where many nonsense are crowding there for the I.T. Show, making the data network weak and sucky, I did not off tethering etc at all.

And knowing Droid phones' battery life improve over time, I am at ease knowing that she is worth the wait and the non-contract price.

Anyway, the 6range SONY booth was quite grand, as compared to the previous 2 years'. They are really going all out to make Nozomi's presence known. And I dare say from the looks of it, it's working!

I bought the screen protector from there. It cost $28 ($10 cheaper than Arc's -_-) and has better die-cut as opposed to the ordinary screen saver that came along with the box. Because I used their "high grade Japanese-made" anti-glare for my Arc last year, I didn't mind paying the price cos it really is more resilient than those $10 ones found in Ah Beng / Chinese shops. And the colors are not too muted.

But an awkward thing happened. Upon payment, somehow, both my POSB cards could not be used, no matter NETS or Mastercard. Luckily I had cash with me. If not, DIE!!!!

Well, as much as I'd like other acknowledging SONY phones, I really don't wish for it to become a common phone. =(

Anyone noe how to set the Chinese and Korean keyboard?

Chinese keyboard is already a part of the phone. And as far as I know in Xperia (droid) history, only Rachael managed to have Korean keyboard with one of the updates. But it was removed in the subsequent updates.

If you want a Korean keyboard I guess you'll have to go to the Play Store to download?
 
Last edited:

ITretard

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2009
Messages
38,775
Reaction score
0
Mod, pls close this thread.

too many ppl are aware of this awesome phone

that they are dumping their apples and berries to get hold of this

:(:vijay::vijay::vijay::(

All of the sudden so many ppl jump to this ship sia. Hopefully not blindly following. :o
 

DoraemonBoi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
4
Ok... My 3rd night with Nozomi... I have to say, I am pretty impressed by her energy durability, as compared to Rachael and Arc.

I left my office at 7+ just now, with her fully-charged. She had msn on, gps activated, tethering on for my tablet's connection, and now, at 21 52hrs,the juice is not even 50% yet.

And oh, yah... I have been using the resident live wallpaper throughout.

Mind you along the way I used her to surf Timescape for a bit, tablet sucking her while I was surfing the net and youtubing.

Even when I reached the Convention Center, where many nonsense are crowding there for the I.T. Show, making the data network weak and sucky, I did not off tethering etc at all.

And knowing Droid phones' battery life improve over time, I am at ease knowing that she is worth the wait and the non-contract price.

Anyway, the 6range SONY booth was quite grand, as compared to the previous 2 years'. They are really going all out to make Nozomi's presence known. And I dare say from the looks of it, it's working!

I bought the screen protector from there. It cost $28 ($10 cheaper than Arc's -_-) and has better die-cut as opposed to the ordinary screen saver that came along with the box. Because I used their "high grade Japanese-made" anti-glare for my Arc last year, I didn't mind paying the price cos it really is more resilient than those $10 ones found in Ah Beng / Chinese shops. And the colors are not too muted.

But an awkward thing happened. Upon payment, somehow, both my POSB cards could not be used, no matter NETS or Mastercard. Luckily I had cash with me. If not, DIE!!!!

Well, as much as I'd like other acknowledging SONY phones, I really don't wish for it to become a common phone. =(



Chinese keyboard is already a part of the phone. And as far as I know in Xperia (droid) history, only Rachael managed to have Korean keyboard with one of the updates. But it was removed in the subsequent updates.

If you want a Korean keyboard I guess you'll have to go to the Play Store to download?
Sony has spend more marketing money this year. Sony phones are awesome. I brought it at Singtel for 58 dollars.
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,939
Reaction score
60
eeLsinneD, does 6range have non anti glare sp? The one that came with box is cui...

Didn't ask, but probably not. But take my words for it - the matte protector doesn't affect the screen's original colors too much.

I can show you tomorrow if you wanna =)

And yah. 'chui' is the word. lousy die-cut making the phone look awkward. As if pasting a custom made protector like that...

But ah well, scully this is their ploy to make money~!!! LOL.
 

Chevalier

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
5,034
Reaction score
885
finally rooted! titanium backup! my mind is at ease .....gonna freeze those useless apps
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top