The Official Xperia S thread

cloudaeris

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the detailed info. :) :) Can't wait to get mine now. The people at singtel approved my request to re-contract early! :D praying hard the person handling my trade in is a technical noob or wont bother to check my rom. :p lazy to unroot.

yeah like someone said, android market has changed into google play. the icon on chrome looks nice so i hope it looks as good as the app icon lol.

wondering if the free gifts are worth the trouble to go down to suntec and queue..

recontract earlier? my contract is less than 1 year old, can I request them for the same thing? cause as I know u nid to at least pass the 1 year mark to recontract n purchase the phone.
 

Spock

Master Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
2,743
Reaction score
0
Last edited:

xerome

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
612
Reaction score
26
unlocked.....rooted then relocked it :p

Relocking the phone the warrenty still in effect? Cuz when u unlock the bootloader you have to enter your phone's IMEI into sony's database... Think that step alone blacklists your phone for warrenty?
 

takumee

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2001
Messages
1,719
Reaction score
0
anyone finds the home buttons insensitive.

i always have to press slightly a bit harder.

also, always will press together with the apps..
 

anpanbun

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2011
Messages
5,029
Reaction score
0
recontract earlier? my contract is less than 1 year old, can I request them for the same thing? cause as I know u nid to at least pass the 1 year mark to recontract n purchase the phone.
If I'm not wrong, littlehitsuji was a few days earlier than the 21mths. You do need to complete at least 12mths to be eligible for mobile upgrade. Hope this helps.
 

misashiX

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2008
Messages
76
Reaction score
0
anyone finds the home buttons insensitive.

i always have to press slightly a bit harder.

also, always will press together with the apps..

No problem with my handset. just aim ard the white dots. dun really need to press to hard. My pretty sensitive. hehe now going to install more apps and config it to my needs.:s22:
 

enegue84

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2007
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I've been reading this long thread for 2 weeks coming. Lots of great advice here, so thanks a lot! I've been holding on to my W890i for 4 years and was intending to stick to Sony for many more years... :D

Finally went down to singtel shop to get the black model last night, and it feels great so far. Felt that I should have gotten down to the IT show to get it alongside a few other freebies, but haven't got the time and motivation to fight the crowds there.

One issue now is that the battery does drain a little too fast for comfort. Hopefully it would perform better in the weeks to come. Home buttons are ok, just that I have to press and slight upwards a little for the button-hit to register.
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I've been reading this long thread for 2 weeks coming. Lots of great advice here, so thanks a lot! I've been holding on to my W890i for 4 years and was intending to stick to Sony for many more years... :D

Finally went down to singtel shop to get the black model last night, and it feels great so far. Felt that I should have gotten down to the IT show to get it alongside a few other freebies, but haven't got the time and motivation to fight the crowds there.

One issue now is that the battery does drain a little too fast for comfort. Hopefully it would perform better in the weeks to come. Home buttons are ok, just that I have to press and slight upwards a little for the button-hit to register.


u need to season with more charge
mine already starting to season stablesized
mine white xs I brought on itbshow thr
 

enegue84

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2007
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
u need to season with more charge
mine already starting to season stablesized
mine white xs I brought on itbshow thr

Yeah, that's what I was hoping for, sort of like 'breaking in' the battery with a few charges so that it could achieve its full potential!

On the side note, I'm also looking for a casing now. A hard surface model (transparent/dark grey/black matte shades), not those soft/jelly ones, nor those that require flipping, and preferably have minimal discoloration over time. There seems to be this ROCK brand that's surfacing in my searches. Is it good, or what are you all using?
 

chunxi

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,890
Reaction score
14
I will be bringing in rock case by wed. U might wan to skip the online first? I will be bringing in colorful series and liquid series.

how much will you be selling ?
ebay selling $19++ with free post
 

BullyBilly

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
the phone is so beautiful and works like a charm
...errrrr.... except the 'touch button"
seem not that responsive..
 

xerome

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
612
Reaction score
26
Ok, i damn noob at android lulz~ Where to find the camera settings? Change the resolution of the picture taken and stuff~
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,327
Reaction score
6,588
For the battery fast drain, maybe you can replace the live wallpaper with ur own, off bravie engine and close any unwanted apps.

Do ard 2 times battery calibration. Mean completely drain the battery then charge to full again.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top