The Official Xperia S thread

maleman

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
949
Reaction score
2
Finally got mine updated.

I love the font.

Long-press powerbutton now very few options compared to GB.
Can't remember what were they before, but also dun like Screenshot not there anymore.

Gonna run thru all relevant settings.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,319
Reaction score
6,579
Just sharing, i know most of you know this..... long press home button will bring up all your recent tasks. Swipe left or right to close the tasks. :)
 

maleman

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
949
Reaction score
2
Face Unlock

Damn. After trying out Face Unlock, I'm unable to disable it.

Somehow, the PIN is not accepted.
I still can use either Face or PIN to unlock the phone,
but I can't use the same PIN when getting back into
Face Unlock settings. Thought it's the same PIN ?
 
Last edited:

CoolSilverRider

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
603
Reaction score
0
My battery on ICS!

Screenshot_2012-07-02-12-55-35.png


On GB, it can last me for 1 day.
But ICS, even better 2x more!
 
Last edited:

ricochet

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2001
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
Some one asked about disabling background data. This can be found in settings>data usage and press on the menu ( right button)
 

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
7,492
Reaction score
50
Damn. After trying out Face Unlock, I'm unable to disable it.

Somehow, the PIN is not accepted.
I still can use either Face or PIN to unlock the phone,
but I can't use the same PIN when getting back into
Face Unlock settings. Thought it's the same PIN ?


Do take note the face unlock is not really safe and there is a bug even when it is first released by Google.

I have tried on the face unlock and use another phone and take photo of myself then face it on the unlock screen and it actually unlock the phone so be careful.
 

cloudaeris

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
do you have other camera apps installed too?
i had similar issue previously, then i uninstalled them, after that back to normal.

nope, it has this issue even after a fresh flashing.
i flashed ICS using generic firmware provided by LiveSquare on Xda since i was unable to do so with *** or SUS.
 

xanthus_f

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Messages
26,197
Reaction score
4
nope, it has this issue even after a fresh flashing.
i flashed ICS using generic firmware provided by LiveSquare on Xda since i was unable to do so with *** or SUS.
oh, mine was flashed via pc companion then after installation of all the apps found out the problem.
did a repair, reinstall, same problem.
then uninstall other camera apps, now the phone camera quick launch back to normal.

my problem basically was first quick launch no problem, but subsequent camera button press will unlock the phone rather than activating the camera.
 

hazardhut

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2011
Messages
593
Reaction score
26
Damn. After trying out Face Unlock, I'm unable to disable it.

Somehow, the PIN is not accepted.
I still can use either Face or PIN to unlock the phone,
but I can't use the same PIN when getting back into
Face Unlock settings. Thought it's the same PIN ?

After I play around with Face Unlock, I used the same PIN to go back into the settings to disable it.
 

hush66

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2001
Messages
6,703
Reaction score
0
Do take note the face unlock is not really safe and there is a bug even when it is first released by Google.

I have tried on the face unlock and use another phone and take photo of myself then face it on the unlock screen and it actually unlock the phone so be careful.

They are trying to correct this with the Liveness check option in Jelly Bean, which will look out for eye-blinking before unlocking. Well, still not that foolproof, since you can still use a video to unlock (though it might be harder to find a video of someone facing a camera and blinking away).
 

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
36,942
Reaction score
60
Just sharing, i know most of you know this..... long press home button will bring up all your recent tasks. Swipe left or right to close the tasks. :)

Just wanna add. Not just that. You can even swipe away notifications from the notification bar. I See Ass basically has alot of swiping functions.

=X

And yup... whenever you guys put Ice Cream Sandwich as 'ICS', I see it as 'I See Ass' +_+
 

Cleaver

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
8,799
Reaction score
4
Finally got mine updated.

I love the font.

Long-press powerbutton now very few options compared to GB.
Can't remember what were they before, but also dun like Screenshot not there anymore.

Gonna run thru all relevant settings.

Im using arc, on my home screen, press power button together with volume down to take screen shots.

But so far don't now y can't do it on browser .

Lucky using boat browser which comes with ss function
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
batt can last 1 day good enough for me

haha tehooooo
with smartphone with 1day is damm good liao
now a days
as compare to oldsch got like nealy 1mth ahah
old school phillps xenium sereis phone is one of the most longest life around
i and used to own one
so shiok
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top