The Official Xperia S thread

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
Don't think it'll happen. Normally phones get only 1 OS upgrade. Unless you are using a Google Nexus.

I would say yes. 2012 sony phones are suppose to be released with ics so JB would not be a problem.
 

dreamz13

Master Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
3,445
Reaction score
21
I think chances are by the time JB is out (for XS if that happens), we will already have upgraded to some newer models.
 

diamondback

Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
417
Reaction score
7
Alright, thanks. Will try when i see her tmr.

I went into her settings, and into the software updte part and disable the auto update and notification.

But the earlier notification is still on there when she pull down the notification bar. How to remove this earlier notification?
 

hush66

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2001
Messages
6,703
Reaction score
0
I went into her settings, and into the software updte part and disable the auto update and notification.

But the earlier notification is still on there when she pull down the notification bar. How to remove this earlier notification?

Try rebooting.
 

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 1, 2011
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
224
Yup we did. But its still there.:s22:

I guess you need to remove the update or related apk, maybe root is required. Last time I reboot my phone & the update notification still shows up, refused to go away till I update phone.
 

SINple

Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
396
Reaction score
1
when my fren send me sms, only when my fren send the 2nd msg, then i will receive the 1st msg together with the 2nd msg. anybody with this issue?
 

diamondback

Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
417
Reaction score
7
I guess you need to remove the update or related apk, maybe root is required. Last time I reboot my phone & the update notification still shows up, refused to go away till I update phone.

She doesnt want to root the phone.

Looks like she will have to live with it until she decided to change phone. :)
 

hunter129

Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2006
Messages
254
Reaction score
0
when my fren send me sms, only when my fren send the 2nd msg, then i will receive the 1st msg together with the 2nd msg. anybody with this issue?

No issue of this kind either. But the touchscreen sometimes go haywire and depress the menu buttons. Maybe it's a software bug, along with the inability to mass delete custom words from the default Xperia keyboard dictionary.
 

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2000
Messages
22,782
Reaction score
0
She doesnt want to root the phone.

Looks like she will have to live with it until she decided to change phone. :)
it happen to me


on my arc s too the updates notification will still be there until I update it
but s3 don't have hahaha
ya lor I also endure hahaha sony coded it diff from Sammy lor
my s3 have uodsres but I disable it it wont have pesky notifcarion unlike sony even is disable it it will have it on top hahaha
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top