The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Thread

Alkamizt

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2001
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
I encountered the same thing too, after a week, I did a factory reset and I don't remember seeing that happen as much anymore. And since the reset, power saving mode is on all the times. Seems to helps a little for me...

I'm getting the switch-on lag too. Seems to be getting worse too. Didn't have this problem earlier. Problem seems to have started since the 2nd firmware update. I don't think a reset would solve the problem because my phone was originally reset and setup as a new phone from day one.

This is a major issue that makes the phone useless especially if we cannot reliably turn it on as and when we need. I didn't have this problem with any of the Notes that I have used in the last 4 years.
 

Lobaba

Master Member
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
2,617
Reaction score
13
I'm getting the switch-on lag too. Seems to be getting worse too. Didn't have this problem earlier. Problem seems to have started since the 2nd firmware update. I don't think a reset would solve the problem because my phone was originally reset and setup as a new phone from day one.

This is a major issue that makes the phone useless especially if we cannot reliably turn it on as and when we need. I didn't have this problem with any of the Notes that I have used in the last 4 years.
same man, the switch-on lag is noticeable. note 3 and note 4 very very seldom have this problem. note 4 happened more becos of WhatsApp :(
 

lxb_70

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
15,167
Reaction score
2,877
wa... means the latest firmware update will turn the N5 to a sleeping beauty! :eek:
 

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
8,693
Reaction score
12
same man, the switch-on lag is noticeable. note 3 and note 4 very very seldom have this problem. note 4 happened more becos of WhatsApp :(

actually if u turn on power saving mode on the note 4 also got abit of delay when waking up.
 

Alkamizt

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2001
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
Still inconclusive. I cannot find any other reports of this problem on other android sites yet. But it is true that I did not encounter the problem in the first week of my usage, prior to the 2nd firmware update.

And no... I never turn on power saving on any of my mobile devices.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,327
Reaction score
3,863
wa... means the latest firmware update will turn the N5 to a sleeping beauty! :eek:

Think you must give it a magical kiss to wake your phone up from eternal slumber. :o

That will most likely not work though, don't do it.
 

technolust

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
7,044
Reaction score
323
I see. I didn't use any power saving mode. Maybe that's why I didn't experience any lagging for Note4.

Those experiencing lagging in Note5, all also using power saving mode or normal mode?

Sent from Android Mobile using GAGT
I checked my sis in law phone. Power saver is not activated reh. But she say is inconsistent one. Sometimes have sometimes no have :(
 

Chipero

Master Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2000
Messages
2,980
Reaction score
0
My n5 also inconsistent but it happens more often if my phone is either lying on its sides or lying on its back ... if I put it standing upright .. it very seldom does the sleeping beauty thingy ...
 

nuscape

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2013
Messages
1,008
Reaction score
148
I cannot find 'kids mode' app in Galaxy Apps, anyone else having the same issue with their Note 5?
I don't have problem with S6 edge but only this new Note 5. Any ideas?
 

zulowen

Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2007
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Hi all. May i know if samsung shop in singapore got sell then S Pen for note 5.? Im so careless today that i lost it. Appreciate the help..
 

StationA

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
201
I cannot find 'kids mode' app in Galaxy Apps, anyone else having the same issue with their Note 5?
I don't have problem with S6 edge but only this new Note 5. Any ideas?

is the kids mode usable now? the super laggy kids mode was the major reason I dislike note 4.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top