The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Thread

Alkamizt

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2001
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
For those suffering from the "sleeping beauty" problem where the Note 5 does not wake up immediately from the lock screen, try turning off the smart stay option under Settings->Display->Smart Stay. I turned it off on a hunch yesterday, and so far I have not encountered the problem even after a day. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do try it and let us know if it helps for you.
 

fabianlau

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
35,228
Reaction score
101
U mean this?

1. Click on the circle thing on top
jtHZ6YPl.png


2. Then click the cross to close the pop out app.
Q3vbLb1l.png



Illustration is from my Note4. But I guess should be the same as Note5?

Sent from Android Mobile using GAGT

ya, anyway to make it permanent off, note 4 i try off it but could not find for note 5
 

fabianlau

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
35,228
Reaction score
101
For those suffering from the "sleeping beauty" problem where the Note 5 does not wake up immediately from the lock screen, try turning off the smart stay option under Settings->Display->Smart Stay. I turned it off on a hunch yesterday, and so far I have not encountered the problem even after a day. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do try it and let us know if it helps for you.

i went to see my smart stay is off all the way, it still hang when switch on the hp,once per day it lag.
 

Chipero

Master Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2000
Messages
2,980
Reaction score
0
For those suffering from the "sleeping beauty" problem where the Note 5 does not wake up immediately from the lock screen, try turning off the smart stay option under Settings->Display->Smart Stay. I turned it off on a hunch yesterday, and so far I have not encountered the problem even after a day. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do try it and let us know if it helps for you.

My Smart Stay has been off the very moment I got my hands on my Note5 however the sleeping beauty thing still happens :(
 

benny888

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
904
Reaction score
0
I had been using the Note5 since 21aug n had yet to face this slow wake from idle or deep sleep issues. Mine is a non telco set from J2mobile Far East
Those facing such problems should try sending in to service center or try reflash firmware yourself??
My Smart Stay is always on 24/7
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
I had been using the Note5 since 21aug n had yet to face this slow wake from idle or deep sleep issues. Mine is a non telco set from J2mobile Far East
Those facing such problems should try sending in to service center or try reflash firmware yourself??
My Smart Stay is always on 24/7

Do whatever u can with the firmware first. Send down to svc centre should only be the last resort..
 

nuscape

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2013
Messages
1,008
Reaction score
148
I got an error message 'Product does not exist in this store (4002)'

any idea?

Hi anyone can help how to get kids mode showing in my galaxy apps?
I tried with Note 5 in Samsung store it shows kids mode when I did search under galaxy apps.
Using my Note 5 I cannot find it. I searched and gives no result. :(
 

junbro

Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2007
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
Collected. Bo lang one.. but they very particular about making appointment

Tried the wireless charging pad. Works with my Spigen Crystal Clear cover on. Charged for 5mins and it goes from 16% to 19%, I did not touch the phone for this 5 mins.

IMHO, this wireless charging thingy really gimmick. Normally i will plug in the cable and still use the phone as per usual. However, with the wireless pad, the phone becomes not so handy and you will scared that the charging may go away if you accidently move the phone. Furthermore the wireless charging is slower then regular cable charging. Not very functional in this sense.
 

sgmem88

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
2,385
Reaction score
929
My Smart Stay has been off the very moment I got my hands on my Note5 however the sleeping beauty thing still happens :(

not sure if this helps...

my s4 suddenly became sleeping beauty recently for few days...suspecting some apps issue, I updated all those google related apps and apps that I frequent use from play store...now no more sleeping beauty :D
 

Alkamizt

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2001
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
...IMHO, this wireless charging thingy really gimmick. Normally i will plug in the cable and still use the phone as per usual. However, with the wireless pad, the phone becomes not so handy and you will scared that the charging may go away if you accidently move the phone. Furthermore the wireless charging is slower then regular cable charging. Not very functional in this sense.

Yes, I agree wireless charging in its current form is pretty gimmicky. But it might be useful if built in as a car charger holder. So you don't have to keep plugging in and out the cable each time you get in and out of the car. Also, now that there is no microsd card support, you can continue to charge the phone even when you are watching movies off an OTG thumbdrive. That's the 2 use cases which I thought might make some sense.
 

ZenTape

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
1,802
Reaction score
11
Pretty cool... I guess note 5 should have abt e same quality, if not better. :)

 

samuraikyo

Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
Hi, I just got my Note5 today and after i have this pink hue over the bottom half of the screen. Can only be seen on white backgrounds. I've search this forum but seems nobody else has this issue yet or am i the lucky one.

Guess i can only bring it down to service center and hope i can get a replacement set on the spot.
 

lxb_70

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
15,167
Reaction score
2,877
Hi, I just got my Note5 today and after i have this pink hue over the bottom half of the screen. Can only be seen on white backgrounds. I've search this forum but seems nobody else has this issue yet or am i the lucky one.

Guess i can only bring it down to service center and hope i can get a replacement set on the spot.
Forget about replacement set, they will just service for u only, imo

Sent from the dark side of the moon using GAGT
 

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
6,926
Reaction score
681
Hi anyone can help how to get kids mode showing in my galaxy apps?
I tried with Note 5 in Samsung store it shows kids mode when I did search under galaxy apps.
Using my Note 5 I cannot find it. I searched and gives no result. :(

Try going into applications and clear cache and data for galaxy apps? I'm able to find it in the app store. Other than that I no idea Liao.
 

nuscape

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2013
Messages
1,008
Reaction score
148
Try going into applications and clear cache and data for galaxy apps? I'm able to find it in the app store. Other than that I no idea Liao.

No luck. I cleared data and cache already. I went to Samsung at PS and told by the customer service that Singapore version don't have kids mode. She said for display on store are overseas model so they have kids mode. Not sure if she told me the truth :(
I checked the display store one is having different version number of the galaxy apps compared to mine. But I checked mine is the latest already. Don't want to factory reset coz it took ages to reinstall, setup and reconfigure and I'm not sure if it will resolve it either.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top