The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Thread

rockdjlow

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2010
Messages
627
Reaction score
2
I shouldn't be complaining about this..but how come I don't have the VoLTE icon on my status bar even though I've it turned on in my phone settings? I'm on StarHub.

That is weird because when I off the settings it still shown VoLTE icon.
 

noodless

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2015
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Using Note 5 for 2 days. No complain at all. I have Ip 6+ as well and i must say Note 5 is the only Android model that gives me the same awesome feeling to hold like Ip6+.

Which is better? IP 6+ or note 5?
Thinking whether to buy note 5 or wait for IP 6s +
 

Momentumm

Master Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
2,817
Reaction score
53
I had switched from IP6 to N5 since my Note 5 first launch.

Thinking of doing the same. How is the battery life feel for you? Better from i6? The phone was so smooth when I touched the demo just now! Samsung really removed or reduced the animation? Or was it the ram? Its so much better...
 

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
13,742
Reaction score
0
Both are great phones. However iP6+ is due to refresh next month while the N5 is a brand new refresh.
 

auzzuro

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
1,087
Reaction score
1
hi i am currently using note 4 but when i look at note 5 ... i was stun by the display .. i wonder y does the note 5 hv a better display compare to note 4 . i thought they are 2k super amoled display
 

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2011
Messages
5,714
Reaction score
1,206
Which is better? IP 6+ or note 5?
Thinking whether to buy note 5 or wait for IP 6s +
The Note 5 is using the same critically acclaimed camera as the S6/S6 Edge which has finally been rated to be on par with (some even say better than) the iPhone 6+. The iPhone has traditionally been seen to be the king of main stream smartphone cameras.

Coupled with the customisability and flexibility of the Android OS over iOS, I will choose the Note 5 over the IP6+ any day. I'm even willing to pay a premium for the Note 5 over the IP6+ !

But that's me. Others may see it differently. :)

Sent from Sony SGP621 using GAGT
 

trojanguy

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2013
Messages
1,482
Reaction score
0
why would anyone buy a note 5? s6 edge is there, note 4 is pretty much the best note.
really dont understand why people still buy this product
 

benny888

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
904
Reaction score
0
why would anyone buy a note 5? s6 edge is there, note 4 is pretty much the best note.
really dont understand why people still buy this product

Some want the latest, eg me!!
I am using Note4 now together with 2 others : oppo r7+ n p8max
I change phones every 3-6 months n my hobby is testing new phones!
 

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2011
Messages
5,714
Reaction score
1,206
why would anyone buy a note 5? s6 edge is there, note 4 is pretty much the best note.
really dont understand why people still buy this product
If you are using the Note 4, it might not be worthwhile to get the Note 5. But if someone has a Note 1, 2 or 3; or has a Galaxy S4, S5, iPhone 5 etc and wants a phone with a larger screen and stylus, the Note 5 would be a worthwhile upgrade for them.

Sent from Sony SGP621 using GAGT
 

ArsenalGear

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2002
Messages
958
Reaction score
8
why would anyone buy a note 5? s6 edge is there, note 4 is pretty much the best note.
really dont understand why people still buy this product

The s pen. I have been using the note series since note 2 and change my phone every year. Can't live without the s pen.
 

rockdjlow

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2010
Messages
627
Reaction score
2
Thinking of doing the same. How is the battery life feel for you? Better from i6? The phone was so smooth when I touched the demo just now! Samsung really removed or reduced the animation? Or was it the ram? Its so much better...

indeed the battery life has impress me which I feel better than IP6 but IP6 battery cap is lesser as well. Overall I feel note 5 is more smooth than IP6. If I were to go back to iPhone I will rather wait for next year model because usually their 'S' model wont have much different in terms of design.

I believe is the touchwiz or Android 5.11 that improve the overall performs
 

lxb_70

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
15,165
Reaction score
2,876
oh ya, guys, n5 no more air gesture right? which means no more quick glance (when phone on table with screen off, just move palm over to see time, batt, etc)? and no more air browse (use palm to swipe pictures in gallery or music tracks in default music player)?
 

junbro

Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2007
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
oh ya, guys, n5 no more air gesture right? which means no more quick glance (when phone on table with screen off, just move palm over to see time, batt, etc)? and no more air browse (use palm to swipe pictures in gallery or music tracks in default music player)?

Features are still there.

Have been using N5 for the pass 4 days already. Changing from N3 to N5, so far its all postive. Charging is fast,display is awesome, battery life is good. Statistics shows that the battery usage is longer as compared to IP6. Really like the sleek design. Fingerprint feature is good as well. Only when fingers are sweaty then may have trouble unlocking. Just need to wipe first b4 unlocking then no issue.


Now is just trying to be careful with it as it is naked without any protection. Need to wait for my online shipment to arrive.
 
Last edited:

noodless

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2015
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
So far seems like all positive reviews.. quite tempting..
how's touch wiz? any lag when opening recent apps?
 

Lobaba

Master Member
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
2,617
Reaction score
13
I dropped my phone 2m...1m onto desk, bounced off desk onto hard floor another 1m....and it survived! Just happened i took off casing too. No crack no dent no chip glass intact. Gorilla glass and metal ftw

(Left it on top of cupboard under air con while doing benchmarks)
 

auzzuro

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
1,087
Reaction score
1
i saw my frz using note 5 write instead of typing on the keyboard... how to change setting instead of typing to writing on keyboard...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top