The Sneakers/Shoe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroDivine

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2002
Messages
19,510
Reaction score
0
kazuki666 said:
:(
One Star never really picked up in singapore???
I went to limited edt in queensway making enquiries for it before too. The staff was looking weirdly at me and told me to try those converse shops, they dun sell converse stuff! As if its a cheapskate stuff and they dun deal with them.

HEY! I tot converse is quite popular in Japan too???
I seen them in mita website before. WAY many different designs and varieties. But i dunno how to buy from that website leh...

(and a pair of One Star can be close to 16000yen! :s31: Whatsmore not the design i want...)
u read too much into it.. they dun cary doesn't mean it's cheapskate anyway.
converse one star never really picked up here. here mostly the chuck and abit of jack purcell.
I find the one star nicer and more robust than the old skool chuck(which is still alrite in my book).
began to pick up one star back in 2003 when I watched sailormoon liveaction :o ...
regretted not buying more pairs.
If u have known about the acquisition by Nike, u would realise the converse of olden days have slightly different design and infact is nicer than the current crop.
Nike is crap :s13:
 

bencheongcm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2002
Messages
23,049
Reaction score
36
thongz said:
Nice shoe! IF it was a size 10 i would hv definately get it immediately.
haha thats what most of the people who are interested said. If it was size 9 or 10 :s13:
 

Hua_Hui

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2005
Messages
63,796
Reaction score
5
bought adidas superstar II... nothing to go gaga over..
i happy can liao :s22:
 

ZeroDivine

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2002
Messages
19,510
Reaction score
0
kazuki666 said:
This is the Converse One Star i was talking abt:

got it .. it's ok I guess, but I don't really like the strap. Just personal preference.. still prefer laces or nothing . it screams pri sch :(
the converse I was talking abt it this, sorry the pic nt clear.. screencap
conver.jpg
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
ZeroDivine said:
got it .. it's ok I guess, but I don't really like the strap. Just personal preference.. still prefer laces or nothing . it screams pri sch :(
the converse I was talking abt it this, sorry the pic nt clear.. screencap
conver.jpg

Different.
This Converse pair u have is has a strap next to the star wan. The one i am looking for doesnt have the strap, only has a star on its own.


Maybe i have "fetish" for shoes with velcros bah. :p

I have a pair of Puma Boston like this, but its white&black not white&red:
PUMA062907_113812.Main.jpg


And a pair of Puma Majesty, limited edition brown leather mid cut. But i cant seem to find pics of it online anymore liaoz...
 

ZeroDivine

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2002
Messages
19,510
Reaction score
0
kazuki666 said:
Different.
This Converse pair u have is has a strap next to the star wan. The one i am looking for doesnt have the strap, only has a star on its own.


Maybe i have "fetish" for shoes with velcros bah. :p

I have a pair of Puma Boston like this, but its white&black not white&red:
PUMA062907_113812.Main.jpg


And a pair of Puma Majesty, limited edition brown leather mid cut. But i cant seem to find pics of it online anymore liaoz...
yesh star player :D ... not really 'one star' :s22:
 

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,885
Reaction score
0
Anyone knows whr to get this pair of Converse Jack Purcells locally? I can order online but I prefer to get it locally so can try the size myself, cos I not too sure with Converse range of sneakers as I'm afraid their sizing is abit diff from the others, I usually wear a US size 10 (size 28 for Japan) for Nike's own range of sneakers. This pair was just released not long ago only this yr, was hoping if anyone of u who usually buys Converse would know whr to get or had spotted this before locally.

jackpurcelladulty02ec4.jpg


Article coverage by Hypebeast: http://www.hypebeast.com/2007/07/converse-crocodile-skin-jack-purcell/
 

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,885
Reaction score
0
xtreamzz said:
nice jack purcells, what material is it? snake skin?

Should be croc skin, as mentioned in hypebeast forums. In Japan this series is called the Jack Purcell Adulty. The reason I like this pair is because it's sneakers with a classy look, can wear for smart-casual events.
 

xelsingaz

Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2004
Messages
121
Reaction score
24
Haonan said:
Anyone knows whr to get this pair of Converse Jack Purcells locally? I can order online but I prefer to get it locally so can try the size myself, cos I not too sure with Converse range of sneakers as I'm afraid their sizing is abit diff from the others, I usually wear a US size 10 (size 28 for Japan) for Nike's own range of sneakers. This pair was just released not long ago only this yr, was hoping if anyone of u who usually buys Converse would know whr to get or had spotted this before locally.

jackpurcelladulty02ec4.jpg


Article coverage by Hypebeast: http://www.hypebeast.com/2007/07/converse-crocodile-skin-jack-purcell/
jack purcell adulty, available at all local converse stores. or at least, the ones at hereen, far east plaza. gallery only stocks converse JVs.
 

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
33,076
Reaction score
2
ZeroDivine said:
got it .. it's ok I guess, but I don't really like the strap. Just personal preference.. still prefer laces or nothing . it screams pri sch :(
the converse I was talking abt it this, sorry the pic nt clear.. screencap
conver.jpg
err how to check if converse have cease the production of a particular model? i got one similar to that in the pic, but the heel area got some design, not plain.

got ppl offer more than $70 for my 4-yrs worn out converse of that model! if the shoe is not my uncle buy for me, think i sold it liao. $70 top up another fifty can get a solid brand new sneakers.
 

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,885
Reaction score
0
xelsingaz said:
jack purcell adulty, available at all local converse stores. or at least, the ones at hereen, far east plaza. gallery only stocks converse JVs.

Thanks pal for the heads-up, guess I will head down to Heeren's outlet soon this weekend to check out and try the sizing, if the price doesn't diff too much from online I will get it straight via the shop.
 

biodraft

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
15,232
Reaction score
0
the converse shoe how much ah?? wanting to buy a white one.


i remember last time i sec sch buy at 29.90. now i think more ex le :(
 

Swordsman

Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2002
Messages
92,504
Reaction score
2,475
Ryoshi said:
waooooo.. nice!! the khaki one~ :o

0708181515.jpg


i like the finish..... and i think the shoe can make u look taller also.. lol

8900 yen okay ma....


woo nice i like it.s something unique.. no more stock what a pity. those white sneaker shoes looks so plain
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top