The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

mackrazy

Reaction score
Can I ask for your age or age range at least? Seems like a computer lens would be better for you, or else your reading power/presbyopia/Lao Hua has increased.

R: -1.75, -3.50 axis 176 Add +1.25
L: -5.00, -1.00 axis 1 Add +1.25
Yea I feel the reading on my right eye is blurry and might need stronger power.
I’m lost at what lens to go for ... :l

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
R: -1.75, -3.50 axis 176 Add +1.25
L: -5.00, -1.00 axis 1 Add +1.25
Yea I feel the reading on my right eye is blurry and might need stronger power.
I’m lost at what lens to go for ... :l

Seems like your reading/presbyopia should have increased.
I mean, you can use the similar lens that you are using right now just that you have to get your eyes tested and get a new prescription.

By any chance is your right eye Amblyopic/Lazy?

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
lol their website seem to be down at the moment,

but yes there's alcohol

ok manage to find the ingredient list on lazada

Aqua, Acrylic Copolymer, Alkyl Polyglucoside, Parfum, Laurylamine, Dipropylenediamine, Methylisothizolinone, Benzisothiazolinone

https://www.lazada.sg/products/wats...8NONTOEp1qTyJhnXSvzqv8lwLnxXsvwAaAurzEALw_wcB

Alcohol ones tend to dry up even inside the packaging itself, Zeiss used to have it then they switch to non alchohol. Certain ingredients might cause your lens coat to peel off faster too.

mackrazy

Reaction score
Seems like your reading/presbyopia should have increased.
I mean, you can use the similar lens that you are using right now just that you have to get your eyes tested and get a new prescription.

By any chance is your right eye Amblyopic/Lazy?

Absolutely!

MisterTatty

Reaction score
I will split my answers into points for each paragraph.

1)Computer lenses usually allows for intermediate and near vision simultaneously, Distance/far vision will not be clear. It is counted as a Deskbound lens. Digital lenses are good for early presbyopes or individual who does alot of near work e.g. students/desk workers. They allow for distance, slight intermediate and near viewing at the same time but the intermediate zone is quite narrow.

Hi, how do normal progressive lenses' intermediate vision compare to those of computer lenses or digital lenses?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, how do normal progressive lenses' intermediate vision compare to those of computer lenses or digital lenses?

Hey, Progressive lenses ultimately will have a larger intermediate vision as compared to computer lenses or digital lenses due to the better lens design e.g. higher tier. BUT, we have to understand the higher our presbyopia increases, the Wide FOV will be naturally compressed narrower on the lenses. Thus when our presbyopia is low, everything will seem like its wide and comfortable.

So i used to encounter individuals who says, Why last time my glasses can read computer so wide now no, it's because of the increase in power which makes it narrower and abit of managing their expectations. We cant promise the world to our patients, that is already putting yourself in hot water.

mackrazy

Reaction score
As in referring to the Amblyopic eye or to the increase in power?

Referring to lazy eye on the right. Gonna get my eyes tested next week to check if I need a higher reading power. Then I’m gonna need a good optician to sort out my lenses. Any recommendations of where to go or what lenses to look out for ?

Renzokukenz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alcohol ones tend to dry up even inside the packaging itself, Zeiss used to have it then they switch to non alchohol. Certain ingredients might cause your lens coat to peel off faster too.

does alcohol cause lens coat to peel off faster???
cause if it does not i will just use pure alchol

i have a tub of it at home

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Referring to lazy eye on the right. Gonna get my eyes tested next week to check if I need a higher reading power. Then I’m gonna need a good optician to sort out my lenses. Any recommendations of where to go or what lenses to look out for ?

Yeap, it be good to update your prescription. Since you are going to test your eyes, why not do it at the same place then?
Your current issue is not due to the practitioner doing a wrong job i believe, more of just your eye muscle is getting weaker.

Based on your prescription i would suggest 1.60 index or 1.67(at most) but 1.60 would be better to balance the thickness of both lenses.

mackrazy

Reaction score
Yeap, it be good to update your prescription. Since you are going to test your eyes, why not do it at the same place then?
Your current issue is not due to the practitioner doing a wrong job i believe, more of just your eye muscle is getting weaker.

Based on your prescription i would suggest 1.60 index or 1.67(at most) but 1.60 would be better to balance the thickness of both lenses.

Actually, getting eyes checked at eye clinic for an annual check up. Then would need an optician. What’s your thoughts on the Essilor X Series ? Would a lens like that solve my computer/ distance / reading issues ?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I would actually recommend you to use an office lens. Meaning a pair of glasses for general use, and a pair of office lens for office desk use. The amount of comfort you get is really significant. But it will be more costly in the sense, you are making a progressive and an office lens.
If not, then yeah probably a higher tier progressive lens would be better for you. X series lenses would be good but I personally lean towards Hoya more. Either the lifestyle V+ Or better, mystyle profile.

Actually, getting eyes checked at eye clinic for an annual check up. Then would need an optician. What’s your thoughts on the Essilor X Series ? Would a lens like that solve my computer/ distance / reading issues ?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yah i also think its my eye getting weaker or due to too much digital devices. Maybe just eyes tired. Hahaha.

Still can read at about 25cm. Still ok right?

Last edited:

mackrazy

Reaction score
I would actually recommend you to use an office lens. Meaning a pair of glasses for general use, and a pair of office lens for office desk use. The amount of comfort you get is really significant. But it will be more costly in the sense, you are making a progressive and an office lens.
If not, then yeah probably a higher tier progressive lens would be better for you. X series lenses would be good but I personally lean towards Hoya more. Either the lifestyle V+ Or better, mystyle profile.

Thanks bro! I think I’m leaning towards a single pair if it’s more economical, and then perhaps get a desk pair if it doesn’t work out. So the desk pair will focus more on near (computer vision) + fine print (reading) correct ? Then the general use is like my current progressives. I never considered Hoya! I think I have been influenced by the X Series advertising. But I’ll start researching. Would Hoya be a more affordable price point to look at ?

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think to save cost i wait another 2 years, then get MSP. Then every 5yrs then change lens. Maybe +1.00, +1.50, +2.00 and 2.00 over a span of 20years. U think like that most cost savings? If 3yrs change MSP once i think quite chor.

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never considered Hoya! I think I have been influenced by the X Series advertising. But I’ll start researching. Would Hoya be a more affordable price point to look at ?

Gangsterkia pound for pound ranking:-

1. Hoya Mystyle
2. Zeiss Individual 2
3. Essilor X design
4. Nikon
5. Seiko

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
I think to save cost i wait another 2 years, then get MSP. Then every 5yrs then change lens. Maybe +1.00, +1.50, +2.00 and 2.00 over a span of 20years. U think like that most cost savings? If 3yrs change MSP once i think quite chor.
Every 5 years change lens? You so confident your prescription no changes and lens no scratches?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.