The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Essilor_SG

Reaction score
I have another enquire as I'm thinking to bring my parent down to make laohua specs. Their current specs are single focal and in quite bad condition. I saw lenskart have the option for bifocal at 188 and progressive at 298 (somemore with 1for1). I saw the difference between these two but what are the actual world difference and any recommendations which to go for?
Hi Iance88,

Bifocal lenses contain two different prescriptions - an upper section to allow for distance vision and the bottom part allow close up focus. For progressive lenses, at the top they adapt to far vision; middle is intermediate vision and, and at the bottom is near vision. We would recommend getting yourself a pair of progressive lenses as the result is a simple and effective solution to laohua and compatible with all visual corrections. You can read more about progressive lenses here: http://bit.ly/280521SG-Varilux2-HWZ

If this is your first time trying progressive lenses, we recommend trying out Varilux Start, which is the entry level progressive lenses at Varilux. Find out more about Varilux lenses here: http://bit.ly/28052021SG-ECP-HWZ

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you!

- Team Essilor Singapore

ecomoda

Reaction score
tinted mirror only hoya in singapore? why essilor transition mirror bo in singapore market? :(

fanflo_08

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do take a look at just a few of the model i posted, the selling point of it is that they are light and extremely comfortable to wear. The one in my avatar is called the RIM series, which is light and extremely flexible. Good for adults dealing with children at home, i introduced them to my Bro-in-law and sister and their glasses never get damaged again haha...
I went to make my first pair of Lindberg at Thomson Plaza.

I must say it is really comfortable. Many customisation options too.
I wanted to go for RIM but the lady told me size 53 is the last pair. So instead, I went for the NOW series. Smaller though. size 51.

Thin-tanium is also available but like what Gangsterkia say, really a tad too formal looking.

Last edited:

fanflo_08

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi fanflo_08,

We would like to suggest you to try either Eyezen lenses or Varilux lenses to cater your long hour viewing on the screen. The actual product would depend on your prescription and age, hence we would recommend to check with your eyecare professional for the best advice! You may find more information on Eyezen lenses here: http://bit.ly/280521SG-Eyezen-HWZ and Varilux lenses here: http://bit.ly/280521SG-Varilux2-HWZ.

With regards to maintaining the condition of your glasses, we suggest daily washing with neutral PH-neutral soap or washing liquid :)

We have eyecare professionals located around the West Coast. Should you wish to visit one of the outlets, you can find us at http://bit.ly/28052021SG-ECP-HWZ. Remember to book an appointment before your visit!

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out! :)

Thank you!

- Team Essilor Singapore
Thanks! Actually I am not sure what brand is pH neutral soap. Gotta check out.

nethdale

Reaction score
FYI, I notice IC Berlin new launches are quite similar to Lindberg now, gone are the days those "thick temple length on both sides". Guess, they are going minimalist. However, unlike Lindberg, a slight regret is that it does not comes with customisation.

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
FYI, I notice IC Berlin new launches are quite similar to Lindberg now, gone are the days those "thick arm on both sides". Guess, they are going minimalist. However, unlike Lindberg, a slight regret is that it does not comes with customisation.
Yes I agree, icb actually look better now with their new launch.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
The price point is also on par with Lindberg, knowing you are fan of Lindberg, would you jump ship if they do have horn? Haa
They already have horn, but i don’t like their horn outlook. Maybe in future I might get one. But it’s really expensive.

nethdale

Reaction score
They already have horn, but i don’t like their horn outlook. Maybe in future I might get one. But it’s really expensive.
Oh I see. Separately, do you know which local optical shops carry this German brand: Lunar? How is your review as compared to Lindberg? Thanks.

tpmmark

Reaction score
Been reading about Lindberg buffalo horn. Feel like trying on and getting one to replace mine current one. Is there any nearby shops that carry this Brand? I’m from Buangkok.

nethdale

Reaction score
Been reading about Lindberg buffalo horn. Feel like trying on and getting one to replace mine current one. Is there any nearby shops that carry this Brand? I’m from Buangkok.
You may refer to Gangsterkia's 8810 post, you may drop by Jamco, Eyewear optics, I am purely sharing. You may drop by Paris Miki if you are in town.

JJJLLL

Reaction score
Hello GANGSTERKIA,

Can I have your expert advices please? I went to 2 shops, coincidently both recommended Nikon SeeMax Master AP. Both also claimed that Nikon is cheaper compared to other brands. However, I was shocked by the price, for 1.67 with Transitions is $2300 before discount. One shop gave 20% discount while the other one gave 10%.

Btw, they also suggested SeeMax Power AP, which is about 20% cheaper. May I know if there are other brands which are more reasonably priced with similar specs?

Essilor_SG

Reaction score
Hi gangster

Went to local optical shop to ask for a quote for eyezen 1.67 and was shocked to hear it costs close to $400+++. Is this market rate?

Out of Hoya Sync 3, Essilor Eyezens, Zeiss Digital lenses or Zeiss EnergizeMe, which is the most affordable? Thanks :)
Hi Rabbit1,

The starting price for 1.67 Eyezen with BlueUV capture is from $410 onwards. And the final price varies, depending on the type of coating, design, and prescription. Hope this clarifies! We are happy to assist you further if you have questions on Eyezen or our products, please do not hesitate to reach out! :)

For more information on Eyezen, visit http://bit.ly/02062021SG-Eyezen-HWZ

Thank you!

- Team Essilor Singapore

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello GANGSTERKIA,

Can I have your expert advices please? I went to 2 shops, coincidently both recommended Nikon SeeMax Master AP. Both also claimed that Nikon is cheaper compared to other brands. However, I was shocked by the price, for 1.67 with Transitions is $2300 before discount. One shop gave 20% discount while the other one gave 10%.

Btw, they also suggested SeeMax Power AP, which is about 20% cheaper. May I know if there are other brands which are more reasonably priced with similar specs?
Hi!
Before we carry on further, can I ask if you have a rough idea what your prescription is for both eyes? Also for the frame that you intend to choose, is it a half frame, full frame or frameless too?

JJJLLL

Reaction score
Hi!
Before we carry on further, can I ask if you have a rough idea what your prescription is for both eyes? Also for the frame that you intend to choose, is it a half frame, full frame or frameless too?

Will choose full frame.
Right : S: -8.75, C: -2.50, A: 6, Add: +1.00, P: I 0.25 U 8.75
Left : S: -6.75, C: -2.50, A: 7, Add: +1.50, P: O 0.00 U 10.00

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Will choose full frame.
Right : S: -8.75, C: -2.50, A: 6, Add: +1.00, P: I 0.25 U 8.75
Left : S: -6.75, C: -2.50, A: 7, Add: +1.50, P: O 0.00 U 10.00
I would suggest going for mystyle V+ or mystyle profile as an alternative. Or else you can look towards Essilor X-design series lenses which is affordable and comfortable to wear too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.