The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Caeruleus

Reaction score
What refractive index is suitable for a teenager . Is 1.55 good enough , it’s the basic one offered by Zoff . Myopia 275 and 175 . Minimal astig . Thanks

tpmmark

Reaction score
anyone can recommend a place for a good selection of Markus T spectacles?
I went to evershine at tpy, they do have a wide range. Maybe u can go have a look. If u have other shops can share with me too, as I’m also looking for another place to compare price.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
What refractive index is suitable for a teenager . Is 1.55 good enough , it’s the basic one offered by Zoff . Myopia 275 and 175 . Minimal astig . Thanks
No suitable index, it is up to you and the frame you choose. 1.55 is ok. if your frame is a full rimmed

oohmygod

Reaction score
alot of years back i bought my markus T at a neighbourhood spectacle shop at bishan

Caeruleus

Reaction score
No suitable index, it is up to you and the frame you choose. 1.55 is ok. if your frame is a full rimmed
I see . Just wondering how big the difference would be if we choose a higher index . I don’t wear specs so not sure 😅 whether need to upgrade .

pearl_ml

Reaction score
Im in my early 30 thirties. Need to face computer screen for 8 to 10 hours during weekdays. My eyes is a bit sensitive to light reflection with glasses on. Which brand of lens on the market is good? Price is not a concern.

my eyes sight details as below.
R: -525 -200 * 165
L: -375 -100 * 175

Last edited:

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
I see . Just wondering how big the difference would be if we choose a higher index . I don’t wear specs so not sure 😅 whether need to upgrade .
with your power, you wont see that much of a significant difference. 1.56 is sufficient. 1.6 is alright if you want it too. (at a higher cost)

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Im in my early 30 thirties. Need to face computer screen for 8 to 10 hours during weekdays. My eyes is a bit sensitive to light reflection with glasses on. Which brand of lens on the market is good? Price is not a concern.

my eyes sight details as below.
R: -525 -200 * 165
L: -375 -100 * 175
Can opt for digital lens option from reputable brands such as zeiss/nikon/hoya. they come with blue filter and a lower degree at the bottom portion of the lens to relax your eyes.

pearl_ml

Reaction score
Can opt for digital lens option from reputable brands such as zeiss/nikon/hoya. they come with blue filter and a lower degree at the bottom portion of the lens to relax your eyes.
how about essilor crizal sapphire blue uv capture. is it good?

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Essilor has their transition 8 which turns darker faster, Hoya might be coming out with sensity 2 this year, Zeiss based on my current info, is still using their current one. I would say in terms of scratch resistance, it’s Hoya Zeiss and Essilor. Close fight between Hoya and Zeiss but it all still depends on your personal handling of the lenses.
Yes to your first qns too, Pentax is their budget version.
When will Hoya and Zeiss be coming out with their version of transitions?

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
When will Hoya and Zeiss be coming out with their version of transitions?
They both have their versions.
hoya has sensity dark(turns dark in car), sensity shine(transition mirror coat)

Zeiss has photofusion which is the same as Essilor transitions.

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They both have their versions.
hoya has sensity dark(turns dark in car), sensity shine(transition mirror coat)

Zeiss has photofusion which is the same as Essilor transitions.
Sorry I meant the latest version of transitions. Crizal already using 8th gen.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Honestly, it’s similar. Just that one will claim they can turn darker faster, then clearer faster etc. Not too much of a big difference.

Windowlover

Reaction score
Anyone using PC glasses ? Thought to replace for progressive lens as pictures look blurt also.

jenniferx

Reaction score
Hi,
would like to seek some opinions.

I’m thinking of getting PC blue light specs, with No degrees and my main priority is protection - the ability of blue light filter (eg how many %cut etc)

not too concern about quality of coating or brand etc, just want a reliable brand with good protection as I may stare as computer screen up to 8-9hours on computer screen.

currently considering: Lenskart with Lutina lens (ard $170 total with promotion)

have looked at owndays lens and salesperson was saying how lenskart promoting 90% blue light cut is impossible cos if so, we won’t be able to see anything?

also heard some bad reviews of Lenskart, so just wanna find out if my ^ consideration is ok or any other recommendations that fits my criteria above! (Budget ard <200 since no degree)

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,
would like to seek some opinions.

I’m thinking of getting PC blue light specs, with No degrees and my main priority is protection - the ability of blue light filter (eg how many %cut etc)

not too concern about quality of coating or brand etc, just want a reliable brand with good protection as I may stare as computer screen up to 8-9hours on computer screen.

currently considering: Lenskart with Lutina lens (ard $170 total with promotion)

have looked at owndays lens and salesperson was saying how lenskart promoting 90% blue light cut is impossible cos if so, we won’t be able to see anything?

also heard some bad reviews of Lenskart, so just wanna find out if my ^ consideration is ok or any other recommendations that fits my criteria above! (Budget ard <200 since no degree)
Hi, I would suggest going with owndays. the higher the percentage of blue light cut, the yellower the lenses will be.
thus standard lenses in the market “block” up to 30% blue light.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no, you should be looking towards monovision. One eye see far and the other near. Though it takes time to Get used to.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.