The Watch Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwillie

Master Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2000
Messages
4,859
Reaction score
719
For seiko monsters fans...
im not even sure what are some of the variants in there

<pic from WUS>
da83da571f08dfcf27345f069d68b361.jpg
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
My Swiss "collection" so far. Nothin much or impressive compared to the other bros here but looking to expand. am torn between getting a batman or a sub nd next. which one should i choose bros? don't say both, no money unless someone wants to donate

To be honest, I don't like the look of Batman, the blue is nice, but unless you casual a lot, it's going to be a PITA to match.

At least for the average office worker..
 

Delardino

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
133
My Swiss "collection" so far. Nothin much or impressive compared to the other bros here but looking to expand. am torn between getting a batman or a sub nd next. which one should i choose bros? don't say both, no money unless someone wants to donate
Go for the 1 with gmt function.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
tqti5rV.jpg


My Swiss "collection" so far. Nothin much or impressive compared to the other bros here but looking to expand. am torn between getting a batman or a sub nd next. which one should i choose bros? don't say both, no money unless someone wants to donate

batman, hint hint. hahaha alot on carousell for cheaps

To be honest, I don't like the look of Batman, the blue is nice, but unless you casual a lot, it's going to be a PITA to match.

At least for the average office worker..

average officer worker can match what. lol.
it's like damn easy.

batman is probably one of the most versatile watch with the bling factor.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
anyone into rubber straps, pls buy borealis vulcanised rubber straps.
don't need waste money on isofrane. lol
 

TeenTitan01

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
9,804
Reaction score
0
was about to sneak a pic but the zehzeh come approach me liao :( i humji ask her let me take pic :( the ceramic dials is interesting, so is the wavy pattern..

but some may argue that the wavy pattern is a bit too distracting..

just wondering if it will be like omega snoopy, price shoot up after sell finish :p

waves are sexy and reinforces the nautical theme of the omega SEAmaster!

hASQKLe.jpg
 

TeenTitan01

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
9,804
Reaction score
0
tqti5rV.jpg


My Swiss "collection" so far. Nothin much or impressive compared to the other bros here but looking to expand. am torn between getting a batman or a sub nd next. which one should i choose bros? don't say both, no money unless someone wants to donate

any self-respecting collection is incomplete without an omega 2254.50. :D
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0


Recently trimmed my Swiss collection and I'm left with a Rolex explorer, Tudor classic date and a longines hydroconquest. Miss my iwc pilot chronograph that I recently sold and I'm looking to get another watch. Been kinda tempted by the iwc mark xvi/xvii/xviii or iwc portofino auto but something in me tells me that I should just save money and go for the big pilot... Any advice guys? I really miss having an iwc in my collection but as a uni student, I can't just go out and purchase a big pilot as of now..
 
Last edited:

TeenTitan01

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
9,804
Reaction score
0


Recently trimmed my Swiss collection and I'm left with a Rolex explorer, Tudor classic date and a longines hydroconquest. Miss my iwc pilot chronograph that I recently sold and I'm looking to get another watch. Been kinda tempted by the iwc mark xvi/xvii/xviii or iwc portofino auto but something in me tells me that I should just save money and go for the big pilot... Any advice guys? I really miss having an iwc in my collection but as a uni student, I can't just go out and purchase a big pilot as of now..

once you're a proud owner of an omega 2254.50, you attain the elusive achivement of being a happy, satisfied & contented one-watch man. :)
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
once you're a proud owner of an omega 2254.50, you attain the elusive achivement of being a happy, satisfied & contented one-watch man. :)

It's a nice watch but omega just doesn't make feel special... I have a constellation that my father gave me and I like it but I don't love it.
 

arc13

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2000
Messages
2,468
Reaction score
1,718


Recently trimmed my Swiss collection and I'm left with a Rolex explorer, Tudor classic date and a longines hydroconquest. Miss my iwc pilot chronograph that I recently sold and I'm looking to get another watch. Been kinda tempted by the iwc mark xvi/xvii/xviii or iwc portofino auto but something in me tells me that I should just save money and go for the big pilot... Any advice guys? I really miss having an iwc in my collection but as a uni student, I can't just go out and purchase a big pilot as of now..
Any reason why u sold away ur iwc chrono among ur collection. It's a keeper. Can't advise much on saving up for big pilot as I went straight for it first heh
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
Any reason why u sold away ur iwc chrono among ur collection. It's a keeper. Can't advise much on saving up for big pilot as I went straight for it first heh

I sold it because I liked the new version too much. The iwc logo on the right side of the dial makes the watch so much better looking. I'm even thinking that the previous Gen 3717 would be better in my collection! And cool that you got the big pilot, really beautiful watch. Which version of the big pilot do you think I should go for?
 

a562140

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
6,412
Reaction score
3


Recently trimmed my Swiss collection and I'm left with a Rolex explorer, Tudor classic date and a longines hydroconquest. Miss my iwc pilot chronograph that I recently sold and I'm looking to get another watch. Been kinda tempted by the iwc mark xvi/xvii/xviii or iwc portofino auto but something in me tells me that I should just save money and go for the big pilot... Any advice guys? I really miss having an iwc in my collection but as a uni student, I can't just go out and purchase a big pilot as of now..

uni student? take your time. life is long. get your career up then dabble into watches.

if you like watches as a hobby i'd recommend dabbling in affordables or microbrands for now. theres lots of technical stuff and value to appreciate there if you know where to look.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top