The Watch Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewissac

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
1,791
Reaction score
0
i certainly did, but only if your watch is rated at or above chronometer grade capable (ie -4/+6 sec/day), and even then not every month lah!

not every watch can keep to tight timekeeping tolerance if their "engine" is not designed and manufactured to be capable of delivering that level of performance. you may get lucky once in a while though.

if need to tune every month, that watch is really cui liao!

I bought the Casio's Couple Watch pair. Looking at their specification; it says the accuracy is +/- 30 seconds. Doubt it's a chronometer.

If that's the case, does that mean those Casio Edifice would have to be adjusted monthly if they were chronometer?
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
I bought the Casio's Couple Watch pair. Looking at their specification; it says the accuracy is +/- 30 seconds. Doubt it's a chronometer.

If that's the case, does that mean those Casio Edifice would have to be adjusted monthly if they were chronometer?
Specs are just specs. Quartz is quite accurate. Chronometer only applies to mechanical watch..
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Specs are just specs. Quartz is quite accurate. Chronometer only applies to mechanical watch..

Yeap. 101 factors causing the watch to deviate. It's normal. It's a not a computer.

And papers specs not equals real world specs.
 

Ed.YEO

Banned
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
8,713
Reaction score
0
I bought the Casio's Couple Watch pair. Looking at their specification; it says the accuracy is +/- 30 seconds. Doubt it's a chronometer.

If that's the case, does that mean those Casio Edifice would have to be adjusted monthly if they were chronometer?
机械归机械,石英归石英。
两者都有不同的准时度偏差,两者秒针移动摆动振动都不一样。
一般上电子石英錶准确度比机械来得精准,偏差比较少。但是,无论机械还是石英都会受环境因素影响。
你如果以为石英錶不会如机械錶容易受磁场影响,你就错了。
你如果以为机械錶不会如石英錶容易受温差影响,你也错了。
那么为何制造商又要在规格细节上标明偏差度?就因为以上部分因素的存在嘛。。。老实说。。。身为一般的消费者,有谁会去在意这细节?一旦失准了,消费者第一怪,会落在自己身上?还是怪錶?还是怪产商?。。。或者。。。怪环境?

恕我说得直些,倘若你要非常的精准,别买石英錶,更是别买机械錶。
买只智能錶就能给你要的“精准”。因为智能錶的时间核准,是能通过网络连接自动调节的。这功能是你在一般较平民石英錶款,机械錶款找不到的。。。
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
uni student? take your time. life is long. get your career up then dabble into watches.

if you like watches as a hobby i'd recommend dabbling in affordables or microbrands for now. theres lots of technical stuff and value to appreciate there if you know where to look.
I have dabbled in them but always end up selling them.
Micro brands and affordables don't give me the special feeling of being in love with the watch. It always feels like they're trying to be something they're not.
 
Last edited:

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
I don't need your sarcasm here. If I can afford them, why can't you just let me be happy with them instead of posting these sarcastic comments?
Wa you damn sensitive..

ImpatientStudent also got that sort of response, which is natural.. When I was a student where got money or time to think of expensive watches. You're entitled to having what you have, don't get me wrong, but don't need to be so hurt when people express surprise.
 

cichlid

Master Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
2,961
Reaction score
1,068
28905640865_5b39d56bca_o.jpg
 

arc13

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2000
Messages
2,468
Reaction score
1,718
I sold it because I liked the new version too much. The iwc logo on the right side of the dial makes the watch so much better looking. I'm even thinking that the previous Gen 3717 would be better in my collection! And cool that you got the big pilot, really beautiful watch. Which version of the big pilot do you think I should go for?

I have 500901. I would recommend the same classic black dial range or Le Petit Prince blue dial
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
I don't need your sarcasm here. If I can afford them, why can't you just let me be happy with them instead of posting these sarcastic comments?

Wa you damn sensitive..

ImpatientStudent also got that sort of response, which is natural.. When I was a student where got money or time to think of expensive watches. You're entitled to having what you have, don't get me wrong, but don't need to be so hurt when people express surprise.

ya sia, why so sensitive? nowadays kids or students all damn rich what.

daddy and mummy are willing to spend on you so you're very very lucky to be wearing and dabbling with luxury watches.
(you're not affording them, your parents are, still you earn your own keep)

but nothing beats buying them yourself when you earn your own money (not pocket money or part time money when you're still dependant on your parents)

means ownself support ownself and still can buy watches, confirm feel more song.

other than that, i can say you're very very lucky (of course the rest of us are lucky enough to be able to afford such luxury products)

can totally imagine asking my mum or dad for a rolex, probably get a scolding and a nagging session. lolol.
ownself buy already tio kan at my age LOL. say why spend this kind of money lol

my 2cents

I have dabbled in them but always end up selling them.
Micro brands and affordables don't give me the special feeling of being in love with the watch. It always feels like they're trying to be something they're not.

is it because your friends don't know these brands? or is it because no brand reputation or its cheap to acquire that's why not satki enough?

like that you have a long way more to really appreciate watches. (not that i am damn zai. haha)

i started to dabble with all kinds of watches. wear, feel them and wear them (before selling) lolol

but wtf uni kid got iwc rolex etc, some people like me can only dream or drool over them when i was in poly. lol

very good life you have that my man
 
Last edited:

reikizi

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
76
I don't need your sarcasm here. If I can afford them, why can't you just let me be happy with them instead of posting these sarcastic comments?

Wa you damn sensitive..

ImpatientStudent also got that sort of response, which is natural.. When I was a student where got money or time to think of expensive watches. You're entitled to having what you have, don't get me wrong, but don't need to be so hurt when people express surprise.

wah !!!! you really sensitive, indigo22 was saying in a friendly & joking way.
did not understand in which way he don't let u be happy ??!!
relax lah ..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top