The Watch Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
39,145
Reaction score
7
Closing statements, enjoy what others have and appreciate what you have. Different people have different circumstances and stories behind their watches and how they go about acquiring them. No need for any judgments/generalizations. At the end of the day, we share one thing in common-Our love and passion of watches and horology.

buddy now u seem like an angel leh, i still rmb that time u first time post ur Tudor Pelagos here, we also had the same reaction, sia la student can afford tudor liao! but ur replies like totally different (in a good way) :s13: and i think u had one other watch which isn't cheap too de :D
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
There you go again see, "too young".

Just say you don't like the design can Liao.

Better learn if you're serious hor, working life people won't be so open and respond like this. They will keep it inside and hantam you gao gao when they buay song.

I like the design very much. But it doesn't go with my usual casual dressing
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
legit. i wear DKNY watch, people say i ah sia kia. KNNNNN

i rather be respected with my own keep rather than people give me face because of my parents. hahaha

but but but but, got money also song leh.
tough decision.

#hardtruths

:s13:
Nothing wrong with being rich la. As long as stay humble. I have a lot of rich friends who play it quite cool, they don't flaunt, but they don't get ashamed of their stuff either. Just act normal and know that you're not normal, I think most people can appreciate that.
 

messi7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2008
Messages
11,113
Reaction score
1,370
I find it rather offensive that you assume that they carry them as if it was hard earned by them. It could be a gift from their other half, an aunt, an uncle or their parents. Maybe they carry these items and treasure them as if it was given to them by someone important in their lives? I know there are arrogant pricks who carry these things to show off, but I don't think it's fair to generalize all the people in my generation. By the way, I know students who work during their holidays everyday as uber/grab drivers to save up for watches and also give their parents money. I do think that's considered hard-earned.

Going to be uber driver now!! :D
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
buddy now u seem like an angel leh, i still rmb that time u first time post ur Tudor Pelagos here, we also had the same reaction, sia la student can afford tudor liao! but ur replies like totally different (in a good way) :s13: and i think u had one other watch which isn't cheap too de :D
LOL just cos I told you to lay off your lame comments that dont add value to the thread...
 

messi7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2008
Messages
11,113
Reaction score
1,370
Nothing wrong with being rich la. As long as stay humble. I have a lot of rich friends who play it quite cool, they don't flaunt, but they don't get ashamed of their stuff either. Just act normal and know that you're not normal, I think most people can appreciate that.

Yup, Theres good and bad ASK

met before those who flaunt it in your face type but also those who are humble
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
I find it rather offensive that you assume that they carry them as if it was hard earned by them. It could be a gift from their other half, an aunt, an uncle or their parents. Maybe they carry these items and treasure them as if it was given to them by someone important in their lives? I know there are arrogant pricks who carry these things to show off, but I don't think it's fair to generalize all the people in my generation. By the way, I know students who work during their holidays everyday as uber/grab drivers to save up for watches and also give their parents money. I do think that's considered hard-earned.

You have no idea what the other side is like.

During NS I work weekends to save up for future and took nothing from parents. Also no money to take license, talk what car rental. Those drivers already got certain standard, take $1000 give back $100. Better than take $2000 la I guess. But please don't pretend they're independent saints hor.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
ahya this thread se eh poisonous sia...initially my funds were for me to upgrade my camera...dunno why i legs itchy go try Rolex Sub @ THG...

my camera hasn't been upgraded ever since :s13:

hahaha bro, i used 400D for almost a decade.

lolol.

just recently changed to 70D. so ok la.

it's not the camera, it's the person behind the camera. :s13:
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
everyone's perception of value is different. i wouldn't get Fortis but having an ETA inside wouldn't be the reason.

and how much one can pay is subjective too; often limited by affordability or degree of spendthriftness.
Yeah, still thinking about it though. Love the look. :D
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
You have no idea what the other side is like.

During NS I work weekends to save up for future and took nothing from parents. Also no money to take license, talk what car rental. Those drivers already got certain standard, take $1000 give back $100. Better than take $2000 la I guess. But please don't pretend they're independent saints hor.

hahahahaha

same. i NS, 500, stay out, take bus and train all gone already but heng dinner parents feed me.
weekend need meet gf, gf also swee, eat cheap, enjoy cheap dates.

i had to find business opportunities and lucky, i got some leads, managed to make some cash all the way till my first job.

my car license taken when i was 25 hor. hahahaha my BTT and FTT passed when i was 18 but car lessons chor like mad
go take PDL when i was 25, the person thought my license kena kantong before after seeing my BTT LOL
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
LOL just cos I told you to lay off your lame comments that dont add value to the thread...
Aiyo, if you see indigo22 post before, he never troll people one. I very fair one. Maybe if it's GX I won't say anything (no offense hor GX), don't be so sensitive la.
 

lyrrom

Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2011
Messages
400
Reaction score
0
I find it rather offensive that you assume that they carry them as if it was hard earned by them. It could be a gift from their other half, an aunt, an uncle or their parents. Maybe they carry these items and treasure them as if it was given to them by someone important in their lives? I know there are arrogant pricks who carry these things to show off, but I don't think it's fair to generalize all the people in my generation. By the way, I know students who work during their holidays everyday as uber/grab drivers to save up for watches and also give their parents money. I do think that's considered hard-earned.

to be fair, i think no one here is generalizing anything or anyone. he's merely pointing out how affluent some of our younger generation are projecting themselves to be.

all this started because you wrongly assumed that his first remark was a snide one and you became instantly defensive. just my 2c: learn to chill out and see the funny side of things. life is much more bearable that way, and a little humor never hurt anyone.
 

knightcover

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2012
Messages
9,288
Reaction score
205
No need to ask. For SNZF he dont have, was there last week. Haha and he say he not bringing in for SNZF...

not low baller. must substantiate my offer what. and he ok with it. haha

i don't know leh, dagaz ex sia. i wanna ask mr goh have anot before i order at 1 go.
maybe 1 day go visit him.

then if have, ask him install dial, bezel insert and his crystal, then can reduce the installation fee.
 

pwillie

Master Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2000
Messages
4,858
Reaction score
719
K2 uncle say stocks coming Sept/Oct don't hurry leh...

My friend also ordered a Padi for me, was thinking to cancel the order, but now after reading it, I've decided to keep and flip it... Huat ah
Learning to be master flipper like GX, teach me senpai GX...
 

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
39,145
Reaction score
7
Aiyo, if you see indigo22 post before, he never troll people one. I very fair one. Maybe if it's GX I won't say anything (no offense hor GX), don't be so sensitive la.

years ago, i'm one of those who post very sarcastic remarks and will troll people till things become sexposed de :o so i know how to play the game...

but now old liao, dont have so much time to PCW.. :s22: so i (try la..but i think so far so good) to post in a good and conducive manner :s22:

ok la to be fair, i admit i did disturb seannie (1 or 2 post nia la!!!) before he got his BBB haha

but ok lo, if so many people is of the view that my reply wasn't harmful but only one person think otherwise, i wont be too disturb by it de :o
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Aiyo, if you see indigo22 post before, he never troll people one. I very fair one. Maybe if it's GX I won't say anything (no offense hor GX), don't be so sensitive la.
hahahahahahaha

oi oi oi, why i tio lolol
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
No need to ask. For SNZF he dont have, was there last week. Haha and he say he not bringing in for SNZF...



wah sian, wanna hoot from dagaz together? want pm me

My friend also ordered a Padi for me, was thinking to cancel the order, but now after reading it, I've decided to keep and flip it... Huat ah
Learning to be master flipper like GX, teach me senpai GX...

hahaha wah pwillie also stir me. jin sad. LOL
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top