The Watch Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
39,145
Reaction score
7
sheet sia...this watch keeps running through my mind leh...

helpdesk_image.4619558.jpg


:s13:
 

AyuReady

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2003
Messages
6,811
Reaction score
3
As a young parent myself, I do attest that we want to give the best to our kids and maybe even to the risk of spoiling them in the process, but I think it's a fact the demographics and earnings are shifting and most have better incomes then their parents

I bought my Rolex at age 32 after working for 8 years and having settled my wedding, house and first kids. When I was young , 24-25 just came out after uni was aiming tag heuer but could not bear to spend that 2k plus but needed a proper watch to work in one of the big 4, my only watch was a couple g shock which can't fit under the sleeve and thus I spend my first month salary on a seiko criteria limited edition :s13: for around 400 plus I think from citichain.Was envy of friends who bought tag heuer in a heart beat but as my earning increase and obligations being settled, I was too able to start dabbling in my hobbies more.
Infact too much hobbies, Lego, quadcopter, camera, watches etc

So regardless where we start from, spend within ur mean, and work toward ur own goals. Still a salaried employee but generally contented with life. Sometimes I think back the Grail watches I am aiming for could potentially be set aside to finance my two kids undergraduate studies haha and such thoughts always made me hesitate. Hahah not there yet
 
Last edited:

jonleelk

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,122
Reaction score
97
Remember the one whom I gave away my mini white monster to? That boy is now reading medicine in uni and he promised me he will do good for the poor in sg because he is from a low income family.

Expecting u to mention him ... rare good guy nowadays ...
 

estrangable

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
1,155
Reaction score
90
As a young parent myself, I do attest that we want to give the best to our kids and maybe even to the risk of spoiling them in the process, but I think it's a fact the demographics and earnings are shifting and most have better incomes then their parents

I bought my Rolex at age 32 after working for 8 years and having settled my wedding, house and first kids. When I was young , 24-25 just came out after uni was aiming tag heuer but could not bear to spend that 2k plus but needed a proper watch to work in one of the big 4, my only watch was a couple g shock which can't fit under the sleeve and thus I spend my first month salary on a seiko criteria limited edition :s13: for around 400 plus I think from citichain.Was envy of friends who bought tag heuer in a heart beat but as my earning increase and obligations being settled, I was too able to start dabbling in my hobbies more.
Infact too much hobbies, Lego, quadcopter, camera, watches etc

So regardless where we start from, spend within ur mean, and work toward ur own goals. Still a salaried employee but generally contented with life. Sometimes I think back the Grail watches I am aiming for could potentially be set aside to finance my two kids undergraduate studies haha and such thoughts always made me hesitate. Hahah not there yet

good point though I have to say that if what you wanted is a rollie, then u shd just bite the bullet and buy it cos the price increase for rolex is pretty absurd.... when I first started work 10 years ago, a sub date was approx. 7++K and now its an whopping 10++k. I always know that I wanted a rollie so right after I started work, I used my first two months to grab one...

there is always a sense of satisfaction when u buy one with your own means...
 

AyuReady

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2003
Messages
6,811
Reaction score
3
Bro thanks for advice. Gotten my first Rolex already but still saving for my next watch either a Daytona or an AP ROC hahah while I wish to buy now it's not really spare change. So I am slowly setting aside money so when I used them to fund the purchase, I won't feel any impact to my lifestyle and obligation.

My last big purchase was a speedy to commemorate my 2nd child birth this March. Hahaj with such strong reasons who could resist buying a watch! :s13:

good point though I have to say that if what you wanted is a rollie, then u shd just bite the bullet and buy it cos the price increase for rolex is pretty absurd.... when I first started work 10 years ago, a sub date was approx. 7++K and now its an whopping 10++k. I always know that I wanted a rollie so right after I started work, I used my first two months to grab one...

there is always a sense of satisfaction when u buy one with your own means...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top