The Watch Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

edchys

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
5,274
Reaction score
754
KTDR01ml.jpg

Finally Tuesday over.

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT
 

pwillie

Master Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2000
Messages
4,850
Reaction score
715
I feel rolex does have their own innovation like parachrome hairspring, glidelock, etc and more importantly, their movements have been proven to be generally reliable (except for those sway enough to have to send back to service centre) and daring to offer +/-2 sec/day for all new watches sold.

BUT, they charge such a huge premium for their image as an aspirational brand which is far more than what its mechanical quality is worth.

Rolex innovate in coming out with different colors of the ceramic bezel :crazy:
 

Ed.YEO

Banned
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
8,713
Reaction score
0
。。。BUT, they charge such a huge premium for their image as an aspirational brand which is far more than what its mechanical quality is worth.
以今时今日的环境来看,品牌的生存完全依赖于两项:印象与 形象。。。
。。。其他东西如工质,还是技术,已经远远的被抛在一边了。直到多数人开始留意回时,才慢慢的去找回来。。。
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
I feel rolex does have their own innovation like parachrome hairspring, glidelock, etc and more importantly, their movements have been proven to be generally reliable (except for those sway enough to have to send back to service centre) and daring to offer +/-2 sec/day for all new watches sold.

BUT, they charge such a huge premium for their image as an aspirational brand which is far more than what its mechanical quality is worth.

As a Rolex owner I'm sure you can see the immense quality of a Rolex. Just look at the bracelets, they are extremely well made in 904L steel with am amazing fit and an incredibly solid and functional clasp. Another brand I find has Amazing bracelets is iwc. When you compare the bracelet of an iwc or Rolex to something like an omega SMPO or SMPC, you'll get what I mean.
 

reikizi

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
76
Nice U1, over engineered and beautiful watch. Really good bang for buck but I don't think it's a Rolex alternative. For a watch, it truly is excellent but Rolex has never just made a watch. They make a Rolex.

siao lian..eh.. ai tio si bo :mad: ...got see cichlid link a not ........:s13::s13::s13:

there is no alternative , a Rolex is a Rolex. no 2 ways about it. best thing about rolex ?? R..O..L..E..X :D

they are so good in their marketing strategy, the brand name alone is already worth to pay a premium :s13:
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
siao lian..eh.. ai tio si bo :mad: ...got see cichlid link a not ........:s13::s13::s13:

there is no alternative , a Rolex is a Rolex. no 2 ways about it. best thing about rolex ?? R..O..L..E..X :D

they are so good in their marketing strategy, the brand name alone is already worth to pay a premium :s13:

True.. A sinn at 1/4 of the price is a good watch but not a Rolex. Just wanted to put it out there. Because some people buy cheaper alternatives when what they really want is the Rolex and then they realize that these alternatives don't satisfy them. Sometimes they end up selling at a loss to get the Rolex at the end of the day. Shouldn't waste money on watches to scratch the itch
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
Guys sorry noob qn here but may I know what your opinion is on "shitters" (according to Archieluxury)? Brands like steinhart, squale and Christopher ward? Do you think they create a false sense of luxury by providing the look of an expensive watch at 10% or less of the price? I've had a few steinhart pilots, ocean ones, squale 20 atoms, glycine combat sub etc. I felt that the glycine combat sub is actually very well made and comfortable watch to wear. And I'm thinking of repurchasing it...
 

knightcover

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2012
Messages
9,288
Reaction score
205
Come, i provide TYS answer:

"Buy what you like and can afford."

Caveat: So long as it is not a fake.

:s12:

Guys sorry noob qn here but may I know what your opinion is on "shitters" (according to Archieluxury)? Brands like steinhart, squale and Christopher ward? Do you think they create a false sense of luxury by providing the look of an expensive watch at 10% or less of the price? I've had a few steinhart pilots, ocean ones, squale 20 atoms, glycine combat sub etc. I felt that the glycine combat sub is actually very well made and comfortable watch to wear. And I'm thinking of repurchasing it...
 

Turbo-lised

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2010
Messages
514
Reaction score
0
Guys sorry noob qn here but may I know what your opinion is on "shitters" (according to Archieluxury)? Brands like steinhart, squale and Christopher ward? Do you think they create a false sense of luxury by providing the look of an expensive watch at 10% or less of the price? I've had a few steinhart pilots, ocean ones, squale 20 atoms, glycine combat sub etc. I felt that the glycine combat sub is actually very well made and comfortable watch to wear. And I'm thinking of repurchasing it...

i only can afford seiko leh, so am i a shitter? :s22::s11:

oops edit: worst than shitter sia.. seiko not even included
 

reikizi

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2003
Messages
2,497
Reaction score
76
Guys sorry noob qn here but may I know what your opinion is on "shitters" (according to Archieluxury)? Brands like steinhart, squale and Christopher ward? Do you think they create a false sense of luxury by providing the look of an expensive watch at 10% or less of the price? I've had a few steinhart pilots, ocean ones, squale 20 atoms, glycine combat sub etc. I felt that the glycine combat sub is actually very well made and comfortable watch to wear. And I'm thinking of repurchasing it...

Archie is a shitter. that's all you need to know :D you actually watch and finish his youtube video ?? :eek::eek::eek:
59537382.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top