edchys
Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Sep 11, 2007
- Messages
- 5,274
- Reaction score
- 754

they like the hipster look of it.
lol
I feel rolex does have their own innovation like parachrome hairspring, glidelock, etc and more importantly, their movements have been proven to be generally reliable (except for those sway enough to have to send back to service centre) and daring to offer +/-2 sec/day for all new watches sold.
BUT, they charge such a huge premium for their image as an aspirational brand which is far more than what its mechanical quality is worth.

no la. decided to do away with it. haha wasn't for me to keep anyway.
till next time.. daytonaC lolol.
but so far bo offer hahaha so i still can wear it song song
Seiko Lai Liao!
![]()
![]()
![]()
Wa the blue dial really very nice!!


以今时今日的环境来看,品牌的生存完全依赖于两项:印象与 形象。。。。。。BUT, they charge such a huge premium for their image as an aspirational brand which is far more than what its mechanical quality is worth.
尔。。。几年前的事?Rolex innovate in coming out with different colors of the ceramic bezel![]()
Rolex innovate in coming out with different colors of the ceramic bezel![]()
I feel rolex does have their own innovation like parachrome hairspring, glidelock, etc and more importantly, their movements have been proven to be generally reliable (except for those sway enough to have to send back to service centre) and daring to offer +/-2 sec/day for all new watches sold.
BUT, they charge such a huge premium for their image as an aspirational brand which is far more than what its mechanical quality is worth.
Nice U1, over engineered and beautiful watch. Really good bang for buck but I don't think it's a Rolex alternative. For a watch, it truly is excellent but Rolex has never just made a watch. They make a Rolex.




siao lian..eh.. ai tio si bo...got see cichlid link a not ........
there is no alternative , a Rolex is a Rolex. no 2 ways about it. best thing about rolex ?? R..O..L..E..X
they are so good in their marketing strategy, the brand name alone is already worth to pay a premium![]()
No money for Rolex. So hoot this instead
![]()
Guys sorry noob qn here but may I know what your opinion is on "shitters" (according to Archieluxury)? Brands like steinhart, squale and Christopher ward? Do you think they create a false sense of luxury by providing the look of an expensive watch at 10% or less of the price? I've had a few steinhart pilots, ocean ones, squale 20 atoms, glycine combat sub etc. I felt that the glycine combat sub is actually very well made and comfortable watch to wear. And I'm thinking of repurchasing it...
Guys sorry noob qn here but may I know what your opinion is on "shitters" (according to Archieluxury)? Brands like steinhart, squale and Christopher ward? Do you think they create a false sense of luxury by providing the look of an expensive watch at 10% or less of the price? I've had a few steinhart pilots, ocean ones, squale 20 atoms, glycine combat sub etc. I felt that the glycine combat sub is actually very well made and comfortable watch to wear. And I'm thinking of repurchasing it...


Guys sorry noob qn here but may I know what your opinion is on "shitters" (according to Archieluxury)? Brands like steinhart, squale and Christopher ward? Do you think they create a false sense of luxury by providing the look of an expensive watch at 10% or less of the price? I've had a few steinhart pilots, ocean ones, squale 20 atoms, glycine combat sub etc. I felt that the glycine combat sub is actually very well made and comfortable watch to wear. And I'm thinking of repurchasing it...