The Watch Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Just to make things clear, i wear watches for myself, not for anyone else. If I wanted to show off, I'd buy a TT dj2 or a blnr or a sub. Those watches have recognition. My favourite brand is iwc and trust me, no one my age (who doesn't love watches) even knows about the brand.
My good friends in school wear APs, PPs and Rollies. So there's nothing for me to show off. And how much I like a watch doesn't depend on price. I just don't like homages as l feel they don't give me the authentic feeling there are affordables I love very much and have regretted selling. a few examples are the seiko sumo and Hamilton khaki field. In any case, I don't mean to come across as a senstive arrogant prick. I am just sick and tired of being singled out just because I'm a student. I love watches and so do most of you. Why should I be treated differently?

wah wah you what school one? why APs, PPs and Rollies.

ivy league? :eek::eek:

there you see ^, this is how we talk. lol

ya, you wear watches for yourself but your sudden outburst gives people this impression that you're sensitive. nobody is singling you out, its how we talk here.

this is a forum, expect some harmless jokes or trolling (standard issue)
 

pwillie

Master Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2000
Messages
4,858
Reaction score
719
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
Wow kids these days really do have a good life.. School days only have AP, Rolex, PP already

Won't even dare to think of it during my school days, got seiko and Gshock can tao chio already

#justsaying#
You'll be surprised at what the kids at my school have, new BMWs, Mercs and Audis are pretty common
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Wow kids these days really do have a good life.. School days only have AP, Rolex, PP already

Won't even dare to think of it during my school days, got seiko and Gshock can tao chio already

#justsaying#

wait, 1 more, baby-g

Parents nowadays not simpur.
 

AyuReady

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2003
Messages
6,811
Reaction score
3
Bro thanks a lot will read up the link.

Learn new things, hope don't be poison by new genre of watch

B-Hur watches are pilot watches supplied to German pilots during the war.
5 brands were originally commissioned to produce, with. Set of specs given by the German Airforce.
ALS, Laco, Stowa, Wempe, IWC
The type A and B designs are the classic pilot watches designs you commonly see today

https://monochrome-watches.com/the-history-of-the-pilot-watch-part-five-b-uhr/
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
wah wah you what school one? why APs, PPs and Rollies.

ivy league? :eek::eek:

there you see ^, this is how we talk. lol

ya, you wear watches for yourself but your sudden outburst gives people this impression that you're sensitive. nobody is singling you out, its how we talk here.

this is a forum, expect some harmless jokes or trolling (standard issue)

I study in one of the three local universities.. And ok point taken, I'll be less sensitive.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
I study in one of the three local universities.. And ok point taken, I'll be less sensitive.

nb, NUS, SMU and NTU all so lich ah.

times have changed. lol sibei satkis menz.

have fun here and chill.

take pic of your good friends watches and post here.

let us see how the other side of the world lives.

i know our side is poor hahaha
 

snowver

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2010
Messages
1,549
Reaction score
0
Remind me of this video about 17 year old already a watch collector. Bro Lifewelltravelled not simple.



Just to make things clear, i wear watches for myself, not for anyone else. If I wanted to show off, I'd buy a TT dj2 or a blnr or a sub. Those watches have recognition. My favourite brand is iwc and trust me, no one my age (who doesn't love watches) even knows about the brand.
My good friends in school wear APs, PPs and Rollies. So there's nothing for me to show off. And how much I like a watch doesn't depend on price. I just don't like homages as l feel they don't give me the authentic feeling there are affordables I love very much and have regretted selling. a few examples are the seiko sumo and Hamilton khaki field. In any case, I don't mean to come across as a senstive arrogant prick. I am just sick and tired of being singled out just because I'm a student. I love watches and so do most of you. Why should I be treated differently?
 

pwillie

Master Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2000
Messages
4,858
Reaction score
719
The case design of the laco is quite different. I've tried them one and they don't seem to be anywhere as well finished. Stowa watches, I like them but they're a little pricy. For double the price of one, I could get a preowned mark 16 or even a mark 17

Which is why I say no point to choose other brands...
You are already justifying for a preowned IWC with 2 brand new Stowas
Just get the IWC already
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
308
Reaction score
0
nb, NUS, SMU and NTU all so lich ah.

times have changed. lol sibei satkis menz.

have fun here and chill.

take pic of your good friends watches and post here.

let us see how the other side of the world lives.

i know our side is poor hahaha

Not as satki as you. Master flipper. lol. This photo was taken some time ago. The AP and Rolex belong to my friends.
 

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
66,764
Reaction score
2,179
Remind me of this video about 17 year old already a watch collector. Bro Lifewelltravelled not simple.


sibei satki mens

Yeah man, nowadays parents really not simpur

I oso wan such a head start lei :x

hahaha
cannot leh, parents cannot choose.

born poor, die rich - if you fail, means you fail. LOL

we playing this game of life in hard mode.
 
Joined
Apr 15, 2016
Messages
198
Reaction score
0
Getting scratches so fast? K2 double dome.

EB0A2D97-DF97-4FBF-ADEB-4EB2937881C3_zpsprlikf95.jpg

Bro, can tell me how long it took to install the DD? Thanks in advance.
 

indigo22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
39,146
Reaction score
7
guys, just wondering, i'm working in a local tertiary education institution as well and yes, times have changed since i was a student...

when i was a student, a crumpler bag already puts you up there liao...wear a simple G-shock and you are the better half of the cohort liao...i think if wear rolex, girls queuing up to open legs for u le :s22:

now? i see Pradas, longchamps, MCMs, LVs etc as SCHOOL BAGS!!!! school fugging bags!!!! and worse still, most of the time said bags contain not much stuffs and the students end up having to handcarry some stuffs (example, laptop or bigger sized books)

the income they received cannot be that high, even if they work part time, they highly likely wont be able to afford such products, assuming its originals..
---

without going into the (quite) offensive assumption that they could be caring fake/replicas, can i then safely assume that its just parents giving more allowance to their kids? i see those students who show off parent's wealth as if its their hard-earned ones, i quite see them no up (or i'm envious i'm not born with a silver spoon, there - i said it...)

PS: if you fall into above category and dont have a open mind to participate in a mature discussion, then go back to mummy's arms and complain to her ba...
 

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
7,757
Reaction score
2,530
I'd consider Zenith and Sinn too - you can choose from some really good movements, design and case materials.

But considering that you mentioned that "any model" from IWC would make you happy, I think you should just stick to IWC.
I just saw the Fortis Cockpit One at BB Complex, quite nice, I remember someone (cichlids) was looking at their Flieger Chrono. But price wise was $1.9k, with ETA 2436, the value for money is just not there even if the design is so alluring. For me at least. I'm a value hunter lol.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top